Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a very illuminating raw food study
Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 16, 2012 03:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a very illuminating raw food study
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 16, 2012 05:25PM

I read the article and I have no problem with it at all. It gives personal experience about that persons diet and how it evolved. I agree with much of what he says too about discoveries of nutrients that are recent and ones that are to come in the future.

Caution, planning, research, and personalizing your diet to fit your needs is a good thing to advise. We do not all come to the same place at the same time.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:14PM

This was interesting; some of the stuff Nazariah asserts has since been replaced by newer research, however(Dr. Greger's website has it).

Thanks for posting this anadikaal, but, prepare for backlash.

P.S. You might want to do a search of these forums for supplementing vs. no supplementing threads smiling smiley

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 16, 2012 11:19PM

I wonder if he ever did the study. I think for it to be valid, the subjects of the study would have to be 100% Raw Vegan. I know Dr. Norman Walker also ate raw goat's milk cottage cheese and honey, and he lived to be 98. I'd like to see a list of those raw foodists who died before their time, mostly of heart attacks, I guess.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 17, 2012 01:40AM

Kid, I thought he lived 'til 108!

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 03:17PM

Thanks for the read I believe in alot of what he said if not all of it.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 05:57PM

Hemp is a great source of all fatty acids in the best form available, and the seed stimulates digestine in a way that I believe you can utilze it well. The most important thing that this guy is saying is we have not evolved into raw foodists and that is reason for concern for just changing over for most people. Some do well on it but I find most don't. We have devolved into meat eating junk food junkies! and you cant change that in even one lifetime for most, he makes alot of sense.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 17, 2012 06:51PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right... actually, a raw food diet alone without
> sprouting is hard.

i don't understand why it would be considered hard

>
> I think sprouts and only sprouts can bridge the
> huge gap that we see in the modern world.

what gap?

lettuce/celery works fine

do you see problems wherever you look? or opportunities and solutions?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 17, 2012 07:31PM

i don't know why you're talking about fruitarian as that has nothing to do with my post

or monkeys

don't you eat a lot of "superfoods" and herbs, etc that are extremely pricey per energy content? strange that you're talking about expense.

regarding the OP, i would disagree with most of it

Date: September 17, 2012 11:39PM

Here's a good article about Dr. Norman Walker - he lived to be 99 - sorry I was off by a year --

[healthtip.hacres.com]

He looks good for an old man.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 17, 2012 11:49PM

Thanks for the cool site! I have one of Hallelujah Acres books. And it's interesting to learn that Walker was born in Italy and began his raw diet in his 50s. For many people, starting a whole new way of eating in their fifth decade would be unthinkable due to entrenched beliefs but he's living proof that keeping an open mind is always a good thing. smiling smiley

Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:10AM

He did drink goat milk.

[chetday.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 18, 2012 11:04AM

Thanks for this link KidRaw - I’ve always wondered just exactly how old Dr. Walker was since there’s been such conflicting numbers, but this link is also a little frustrating. At one point they show “evidence” that we was born in 1867, but then turn around and say it’s in conflict with recent research but don’t show the conflicting data.

According the The Gerson Miracle, Dr. Walker died 6-6-85 at the age of 117 and I’ve always heard the 119 figure before, but if he was born in 1867 and died in 1985, that does NOT add up to 119 [1867 + 119 = 1986].

So if he was born 1-28-67 and died 6-6-85, he was 118 years old - not 117 or 119.

Anyway, here is the part of the article that mentions the dates…

Also on the back of the picture were the words: “Dr. Norman Walker, Natal Day – January 28, 1867.” Since we know for sure Dr. Walker died on June 6, 1985, that date of birth would have made Dr. Walker 119 years old at his death. This 1867 date of birth conflicts with more recent research which places his birth date as January 4, 1886, which would have made him 99 years and 5 months at death.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:32AM

Here’s another interesting article by Brother Nazariah, D.D.

[www.essene.org]
YAHSHUA OR PAUL?
ESSENE CHRISTIANITY VERSUS PAULIANITY
AN EXPOSE´ AND CALL TO ACTION
by Rev. Brother Nazariah, D.D.

"Paul was the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus"
-- Thomas Jefferson

This ought to Challenge some of y’alls Belief Systems and should make you think twice about Infiltrators & Psychopaths.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:37AM

I should have added this to the post above…

Here is a list of 20 great thinkers (that came from this article) who all agree that Paul replaced the teachings of Jesus with his own very different teachings:

Rev. V.A. Holmes-Gore
Soren Kierkegaard
Ernest Renan
Will Durant
Robert Frost
James Baldwin
Martin Buber
Kahil Gibran
Helmut Koester
Thomas Jefferson
Jeremy Bentham
Ferdinand Christian Baur
Mahatma Gandhi
Carl Jung
George Bernard Shaw
Albert Schweitzer
William Wrede
Rudolf Bultman
Walter Bauer
Ernest Hemingway

Indeed, the TRUTH has Enemies!!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:20PM

banana who,

. . . starting a whole new way of eating in their fifth decade would be unthinkable due to entrenched beliefs . . .

To say nothing of how late the mitigating effects might have been in acting against earlier damage; fifty years of so-so eating can do a lot of harm on a cellular level. I would also caution that record keeping in Italy at the supposed time of Walker's birth was sketchy, at best, so I prefer to focus on Walker's ideas rather than the man.

John,

Irony: How does it work?

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:06PM

I should mention here that I was the person who wrote the geneology background article on Norman Wardhaugh Walker for Chuck Day's website which is cited at Walker's Wikipedia page, & got the photo of his (1886-1985) & his wife's joint gravestone taken by a Arizona genealogy volunteer, which is attached to that article.

Additionally I have copies of all of NWW's citizenship documents from 1915-1918 obtained from the Superior Court of the State of New York & Walker's Application For Social Security Number, which he filed with the IRS in St. George, Utah dated September 17, 1955, all of in which Walker himself gives his date & place of birth as Jan. 4, 1886 & Genoa, Italy, respectively

Then there's Walker's "Not Guilty" plea signed by him before the New York City Magistrate on July 14, 1932 in his & his business partner's Grand Larceny trial. He gives his age there as "46 years" & his birth place as "Italy" in that document. BTW, I have included further info on this particular phase of NWW's life at his Wikipedia page. (The NYC Archives was kind enough to send me about 40 pages of trial documents at no charge---who says New Yorkers aren't friendly?)

When I do a genealogy "work-up" on any individual, particularly where I contribute to a Wikipedia page, I try Real Hard NOT to end up with egg on my face.

Date: September 18, 2012 06:40PM

Thanks, KFCA. I had read the Wiki page on Dr. Walker but posted the other link and photo. I've also read some of your other posts - about Bernando La Pallo, and other posts about other Health Gurus. Interesting. I had just gone to Geneology.com website today when I happen to be looking up my grandfather on google for some reason. I wish I had asked my grandparents and especially my deceased parents to tell me their life stories.

In one post you had said -

Interesting longevity figures.

As of September 1, 2010, according to the US Census Bureau, there were 70,490 Centurians (100 & over) living in the US. The population was recorded at 308.7 million in the 2010 Census.

Whereas in 1950, there were only 2,300 recorded Centurians; the US Population in that Census Year was 151.3 million.

It is estimated that only 1 of 1,000 Centurians will reach Super Centurian status, aka 110 years.

It seems to me that nowadays we hear of a lot of people dying in their late 80's and 90's. But I wonder how many of us - the adult US population - will live that long because of - the SAD diet, fast food, chemicals, vaccines, mercury fillings, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 06:49PM by KidRaw.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:38PM

Kid Raw: Happy you found my write-ups interesting. I've been concentrating on old-timey & more recent Health Gurus, but recently found the 1932 death certificate of my own paternal grandfather who walked out on his wife & 4 children circa 1918. Family lore had him being murdering in a barroom brawl in Toledo, Ohio. Turns he died in a Toledo, Ohio of a massive kidney infection, & his autopsy showing large numbers of kidney stones. May have walked out with somebody else's wife & embezzled money. Genealogy searching is always interesting.

I have no guess as to how long today's people will live. However, mercury fillings & vaccines have been around for a long time. I personally am 75 years old & have had my share of both. Lived through the DDT & lead-in-house-paint/gas years, as I'm sure most of those people dying recently at ages 80-90 did also. Maybe just blessed with Good Genes.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:50PM

People who have turned alternative health and raw veganism into money-making tools through lies, aggression, anger, bickering, controversy, marketing schemes, and the objectification of women, etc. are very similar to someone like Paul as described in that article. If Paul took humanity away from the original message of Jesus and the Essenes, yes, I can see that many of the people who call themselves "gurus" in the modern health movement do the same. Replacing the pursuit of higher consciousness with the pursuit of money and faster 10K times has made this scene virtually unrecognizable in the worst way. What's sad, and kinda weird, is that a lot of former vegans I know admit that going back to animal products was made much easier for them when rv lost its soul to youtube and snake-oil salespeople.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with making some coin by doing something you love. However, the problems begin when people use dishonest/unpeaceful tactics.

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here’s another interesting article by Brother
> Nazariah, D.D.
>
> [www.essene.org]
> YAHSHUA OR PAUL?
> ESSENE CHRISTIANITY VERSUS PAULIANITY
> AN EXPOSE´ AND CALL TO ACTION
> by Rev. Brother Nazariah, D.D.
>
> "Paul was the first corrupter of the doctrines of
> Jesus"
> -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> This ought to Challenge some of y’alls Belief
> Systems and should make you think twice about
> Infiltrators & Psychopaths.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables