Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I know what you did last summer !!!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 21, 2012 07:14AM

ok no i dont .. but maybe you can tell me grinning smiley

I spent an amazing time mapping out foraging trees and boating and gardening when i wasnt chained to my desk at work lol )

major bumpercrops in the garden cept tomatoes .. theyre still green like everone elses in the continental north america it seems .. tomatoes went wackey this year smiling smiley

i started back with doin tai chi ..love love love tai chi

and gota major sliver of glass stuck in my foot due to insistance of not wearing footwear whenever possible which resulted in a massive innner arch infection.. *yay* untill the sliver worked its way out ;p

i lost that stupid extra *20lbs* (yay Fresh i did it lol) because of the extra summer activity of riding my bike everywhere and loads of farm fresh produce all around me

im really gonna miss this summer it was a summer of thoughtfulness for me smiling smiley i made afew new friends through my fitness goups and lost a long time friend that (i mentioned i was trying to work thru suicidal issues and then turned on me with threats an accusations)

the leaves are stating to turn

and as they say

Ke sera sera grinning smiley [www.youtube.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I know what you did last summer !!!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 21, 2012 11:58AM

Nice!

(no more squishy?) :-(

Exercise or diet change or both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:02PM by fresh.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 21, 2012 06:32PM

Sounds great, Jodi! Welcome back grinning smiley

Date: September 21, 2012 06:58PM

hehe no more squishy Fresh grinning smiley I think its a combo of things .. increased outdoor activity (riding bike everywhere in the sun... swimming at the river ...walking around the city) and so much abundant fresh local foods smiling smiley its apples and grapes that are flowing right now ... I LOVE fresh apples ! and my early kale smiling smiley

thank you Tam ! grinning smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 23, 2012 08:10AM

hey jaygun

i know what you did last summer!!

i never saw that movie ( hope i wasn't missin out LOLsmiling smiley

so your tomatoes were growing pretty well?

first time i ate an heirloom tomato... i thought " ohhhhh myyyyyyy gosssssssh..... THIS is how a tomato tastes???'

i was TOTALLY blown away

Date: September 24, 2012 12:33PM

very interesting storm

Date: September 24, 2012 07:04PM

Thats interesting TheStorm .. are you planning ontaking it up again? smiling smiley I didnt realize how much I missed doing it untill I went back , it makes me feel so good and loose and relaxed smiling smiley smiling smiley

*waves wildly at LaV* how are you !! I thought about you lots when I was up at the catholic monks orchards up here this summer . I was picking excess plums and cherries that they had left closer to the top an just climbed on up and helped myself smiling smiley I felt slightly guilty at first like i was stealing them or something but i thought nah .. any higher power would approve lol ..waste not want not ! grinning smiley

Date: September 24, 2012 10:43PM

jgunn

you were just being the fruit picking ninja that you were born to be

it is ridiculous letting fruit just fall to the floor, rot and waste away

actually, its a crime, in my book
good for you for not letting it go to waste

its like in the restaurants where they just throw away piles and piles of food for no reason whatsoever

same with trees

fruit is meant to be eaten

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 25, 2012 02:31PM

Speaking of fruit ninjas, check out the graft occurring in San Francisco:

Spring means cherry, pear and apple blossoms. But in many metropolitan areas, urban foresters ensure those flowering fruit trees don't bear fruit to keep fallen fruit from being trampled into slippery sidewalk jelly.

But a group of fruit fans in the San Francisco Bay Area is secretly grafting fruit-bearing tree limbs onto those fruitless trees.

[www.npr.org]

The Guerrilla Grafters graft fruit bearing branches onto non-fruit bearing, ornamental fruit trees. Over time, delicious, nutritious fruit is made available to urban residents through these grafts. Our web application helps grafters to find graftable trees, to track how grafts are doing, and helps to facilitate gleaning of fruit. It is built by a laterally organized group using all open source code. We aim to prove that a culture of care can be cultivated from the ground up. We aim to turn city streets into food forests, and unravel civilization one branch at a time.

[guerrillagrafters.org]

California Brome Grass

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 02:36PM by brome.

Date: September 27, 2012 06:29PM

nice
thank you storm

Date: September 28, 2012 07:20AM

woo hoo thanks much Storm thats some awesome links ya shared grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables