Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I will gain weight?
Posted by: Naka ()
Date: September 22, 2012 10:43AM

Hi, I'm starting a raw food diet tomorrow, but I am very afraid of gaining weight, I eat up to 800 calories a day, I've lost 52 pounds with this diet and some light exercise, I have seen many people saying that eat more than 2000 calories and lost weight on a raw food diet! I was damaging my body really badly, binge and purge and laxatives every day, but now I want to change! someone help me! sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I will gain weight?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 22, 2012 11:07AM

if you eat little, then your hormones will change. Hormones are the real brain of your body when it comes to losing weight. You can chose to eat high volume low caric dense food and you will lose weight.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 22, 2012 12:23PM

800 calories a day is a bit on a small side. What you will achieve in this way is lose weight quickly - but this can have very damaging consequences for your health. Body needs time to adjust to changes - any changes, including changes in weight and fat percentage.

Other than that it is true that on a raw food diet it is easier to lose weight than on a cooked diet.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:09PM

Naka,

To reiterate what Panchito and chat are saying, starvation calorie rations always end up damaging the metabolism in the end. Eat more calories, but make them micronutrient-dense raw ones--lots of fruits and veggies, and seeds and nuts rich in "good" fats--and your body will thank you! Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables