Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Introduction smiling smiley + A really important question!!!
Posted by: Danndy ()
Date: September 25, 2012 05:27PM

Hey everyone! smiling smiley
I've gotta say hello 1st to every one of you, hope you're doing good!

Well, this is kinda like introduction, plus I have a huge question...
I am 21yo guy, I had a really bad strugle with Anorexia nervosa, I overcame it, started eating "basically" raw (eating ONLY fresh fruits in the morning) and for lunch I'd have a cooked meal (never fried, never oily, too salty, I never miexed carbs with proteins as well) with a raw salad. So it was about 50% raw. I became healthy again, when before I was on the edge of life, having 26 health problems on the age of 16 caused by not eating for 5 months, overexercissing and so on.
Untill this summer I was eating "healthy", every morning having my fruits, trying to eat as less as of the "junk" food etc. And I decided to go 100% raw, exactly 3 months ago. It was quite a journey. I enjoyed it, I still do. I didn't make even one mistake, tho I never really made a food out of recepie, I did the old school way, fruits + veggies + raw nuts & seeds. I dropped around 15kg in 3 months, but that wasn't my only aim, I was diagnosticed with Psoriasis ever since I was 15, so I was trying to get rid of it. It helped a lot for the psoriasis as well, but as the fall is coming back I am starting to get tiny cracks on my arms again sad smiley!
My life changed, a lot, since I got into raw vegan. But... THE BAD PART... I live in a, hmm, devolping country, where still most of the stuff isn't available (this sounds terrible, but trust me, I wanted to get sashimi, Carob powder, Agave and so on and none of that is available here). When it comes to fruits and veggies, they're available seasonal... right now we can only get Apples, green grapes, bananas and oragnes, veggies basically nothing that could be eaten raw. So... I wanted to ask, what is the best way to, not really quit, but to move to a 70%-80% raw food diet, where I would have let's say spaghetti (whole wheat) for lunch and having only 1 portion of processed food? I really do need kinda guide, I searched through the whole internet, didn't found one. I don't want to "shock" my organism and cause allergy or have gasses and so on. I might move out of here and hopefully if I do, I can continue my raw food diet!
Thanks in advance,
In love with the forum (been spying for some time now haha)
xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Introduction smiling smiley + A really important question!!!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 25, 2012 06:28PM

Visit hacres.com for tips on a mostly raw foods diet with 1 cooked meal. They also advocate some supplements like a barley green mixture you can add to liquid.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 25, 2012 10:38PM

Danndy,

Hello! Agree with Prism. Also, look into Fit For Life, the classic regimen from Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. Lastly, check out Doctor Fuhrman's website; lots of info to help you transition to whatever tides you over. Good luck, and continued healing to you smiling smiley

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 26, 2012 12:59AM

Which vegetables are available in your country?

Also, do you have access to grains, such as buckwheat and quinoa? Spaghetti is better than many other cooked foods, but they are not ideal since they are highly processed food and not wholefood. Instead I would boil some buckwheat or quinoa, both are very tasty and extremely nutritious.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: September 26, 2012 01:17AM

Thank you, all of you!!!

Prism I am checking the webpage right now, Tamukah as well your suggestion!

Chat, well... right now, Broccoli, cucumbers & tomatoes are pretty in bad quality, spinach, carrots (to which I am allergic sad smiley ) and pretty all of them are not organic, nor in eatable condition as raw.
Yeah, we do have grains, I mean I made it sound like I live in another planet haha, I am in Europe, tho as I said, what the season offers, that's what you can get in the supermarket, importing fruits, veggies and so on "is not their thing".

So I guess I should try eating 1/3 of a portion, let's say of boiled buckwheat, day 1 than slightly add more till I get to a normal plate/portion, to make it at least 1 processed meal per day, by the end of a week?

Sorry if I sound confusing, English is not my mother tongue (obviously)!

Thank you once again, all of you!
Much love,
D

Date: September 26, 2012 01:35AM

I had to do another post and quote you! smiling smiley
I was doing "Fit For Life" for 5 years at least, it's the regimen that actually saved me from dying. I got the eating plan from one of the known nutritionists here, after 5 months all the results on the blood tests and the urine tests that were skyrocketing higher than normal, normalized. I just need to know what's the most painless (and of course, I don't want to gain any gram of weight hehe) to going from raw food to Fit For Life (moderated kinda, I still plan on eating at least 80% raw food and doing "raw food days" at least twice per week!)

Thanks once again!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 26, 2012 02:34PM

Danndy,

I think you've got it already--80% raw fruits and vegetables, and good well-rounded cooked vegan for dinner a few times a week. I really would stick to raw for the first 2/3 of the day, if possible, and save the denser cooked food for the end of the day. But if you try it the reverse way, and feel OK, then do it that way. The point is to eat whatver is fresh and edible raw, raw, and whatever is better/safer cooked, cooked. It will take some time and strategy to figure it our: Be patient and don't be anxious or stressed out, and you wil get it smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables