Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I found this video from Matt & Angela very interesting
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 28, 2012 07:15PM

[www.youtube.com]

Basically it's about how they are viewed by some as fanatics and how the average person may be the one who is the fanatic.

One thing I was a bit confused about is that they rarely use cell phones. I am wondering how they communicate--I assume via computer but why is that so much better?

I just found it to be an enjoyable video.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I found this video from Matt & Angela very interesting
Date: September 28, 2012 08:39PM

LOL--today he released a video saying that he apologizes for criticizing others for their choices and that everyone is normal. He said he got some complaints about the prior video but I wonder who complained. When I read the comments they sound very supportive. I am thinking it might be his family members but who knows? In any case, I thought it was interesting that he mentioned (in the first video) how he and Angela get invited to parties that start at 9 pm and they go to bed at 7:30 and put their daughter to be even earlier than that. And how the party givers say that they can bring Oria to sleep at their house and they refuse to do so. Maybe those people were hurt by the video...

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 28, 2012 08:50PM

Hmm, he was very courageous in putting that first vid up on utube, what with his huge business. But it was good to see Angela speaking on her own for a change, the most I've heard from her ever.

They were worried about the radiation that mobile phones are surposed to give off, and the juries still out on that one I think. Personally, when I can, I just switch over to loud speaker so I don't have to put the phone to my head. With my phone it's easy, just a push of a button.

jalan

Date: September 28, 2012 08:54PM

I would think a computer gives off plenty of radiation! I use Macs sometimes at my local university and it feels like a very depleting field of energy. They did say that they put some sorts of crystals and other things to soak up all the bad stuff but I would think they could do the same with cell phones. I personally don't own one and only use my boyfriend's once in a while.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 29, 2012 03:40AM

Yeah, I remember the old monitors, and how some used to crackle when switched on and off. But I'm glad that the LCD screens don't emit as much, but still, we've become so dependent on technology that we're exposed quite a lot. Also,I'm also concerned with all the signals (low level radiation) that's passing through us continually. Surely there has to be a negative consequence in years to come that is not as yet understood. There's been similar examples of these problems, such as with DDT etc.

Nevertheless, I'm confident that as a species we'll overcome our problems, like our ever increasing population, resource depletion and climate change, which seem to be our most pressing concerns.

jalan

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 29, 2012 12:53PM

looks like he lost some weight. Did he drop all the nuts?

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: September 29, 2012 01:51PM

Matt & Angela video very interesting, my only issue that they seem to stress the virtue of colonics. Colonics are so contrary to the natural flow of food, water going up instead. Are colonics really good for our health?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 29, 2012 07:38PM

well...colonics seems the sin against all the beatiful theories of the Universe. Hard to make it romantic. Yet, all it does is to clean. In my experience, it is a big advantage to do it. It does remove gunk out even when eating a perfect diet. you could make a million theories against it because it is ugly and you'll get the sentimental approval of many.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 29, 2012 08:40PM

My concern with colonics is that they may actually prevent my digestive system to return to normalcy, water during the cleanse goes up against the normal flow of things. Colonics are pulling up while you try to push down.

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: September 30, 2012 09:51AM

I think colonics are essential when detoxing from the SAD to RAW diets....especially when dealing with autoimmune disorders, but once one is really healthy and has spent years of cleansing out...theyre not as important anymore...BUT we do live in highly polluted times...so...whos to say.....
The important thing is, to not become dependent on them, and take a good probiotic when doing them.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: October 03, 2012 01:15AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just found it to be an enjoyable video.

I wonder why he talks so much without letting Angela say
very much? And why is their baby, Oria, so fat?......WY
P.S. Love his pre-Raw haircut.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 03, 2012 01:29AM

I have a hard time watching Matt, as he does not seem authentic/real on the video, that all we are seeing his a youtube persona. But who knows, maybe that is the way he is all the time.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 03, 2012 05:15PM

Yeah, I'm always wondering if he's stoned or unfocused or what. I wonder if he looks people in the eye when talking to them in person.

Date: October 04, 2012 02:14AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just found it to be an enjoyable video.
>
> I wonder why he talks so much without letting
> Angela say
> very much? And why is their baby, Oria, so
> fat?......WY
> P.S. Love his pre-Raw haircut.

WY: Thank you! I totally agree and one reason why I have had an issue with Matt. I don't feel he allows Angela to speak very much on the videos and when she does, he's usually doing something distracting to keep the attention on himself. Yes, my interpretation. I have noticed this all along. One thing I found interesting in the second video was that he mentioned how Oria might decide not to be raw. I was wondering if perhaps they are giving her raw milk. She came out very large. I found that so improbable because according to Angela's blog while she was pregnant (and we didn't yet know she was preggers) she was eating so little. But maybe it has nothing to do with how much the mother eats.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 10, 2012 03:56AM

The baby is gorgeous, so is Angela. But Matt - I dunno. He seems kind of disconnected, out of focus.

Date: October 10, 2012 04:06AM

Horsea Wrote:
> The baby is gorgeous, so is Angela. But Matt - I
> dunno. He seems kind of disconnected, out of
> focus.

Ah...I just think that is the Left Coast surfer dewd accent kicking in. Think Spicolli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," LOL. But I do give him credit for his business acumen: it's not something everyone can do and do so well. So when people call him spaced, I think that the proof is in the pudding. He has made lots of money doing what he does and I'm not mad at him.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:34AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> I wonder why he talks so much without letting
> Angela say
> very much? And why is their baby, Oria, so
> fat?......WY
> P.S. Love his pre-Raw haircut.

There's nothing fat about Oria. She looks like one of the healthiest & happiest babies.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:05AM

banana who Wrote:
>
>
>
> Ah...I just think that is the Left Coast surfer
> dewd accent kicking in. Think Spicolli from "Fast
> Times at Ridgemont High," LOL. But I do give him
> credit for his business acumen: it's not something
> everyone can do and do so well. So when people
> call him spaced, I think that the proof is in the
> pudding. He has made lots of money doing what he
> does and I'm not mad at him.

Of course you are correct about his business sense and I sure give him credit for that. I just wish he'd speed up his speech in his videos, that's all. It is an irritant,that jerkyness and slowness. Not like the guy who does juicer reviews - now that's a businessman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables