Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can anyone help a newbie in need?
Posted by: Shoreroad ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:53AM

Hi all,

I'm a 46 yo male who was diagnosed with very advancd stage prostate cancer 3 years ago. I did the surgery and other treatments and now the cancer is back. I want to go on a 90% raw, 50% sprouted diet but because I'm new to this I have so many questions. What I was really hoping for is that I could get a veteran who has time to answer some quick questions as they come up. Mainly what I'd be looking for is answers to some questions like the ones I have right now. Are olives raw? Are canned check peas raw? It's very important that I stick strictly to this because having the knd of cancer I have it will not be curable and I feel that this will give me a fighting chance. I hope someone will find it in their heart to help and I promise not to be a pest LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can anyone help a newbie in need?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:15AM

Olives can be raw and you will find raw varieties online, although usually more expensive.

Whilst increasing your intake of raw foods and in particular vegetables(especially the dark green vegetables) is a great thing to do, i wouldn't put all your stock into raw.

Id recommend you to try find a good naturopathic doctor ideally one who has proper training and isn't just a rogue nutritionist playing about with some herbs and supplements. There are a number of great immuno-modulatory and other anti-cancer herbs which may be of help. Ozone therapy also comes highly recommend but again you would want to consult someone with the proper knowledge and if it will be beneficial for your case, i suspect rectal ozone insufflation may be of help.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 10:17AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:01PM

[www.thenewmedicine.info]

I read a very interesting article in a magazine called "What the Doctors don't tell you" about Dr. Patrick Kingsley successfully treating a lady with end-stage breast cancer. Apparently he has treated many so called incurable cancers with much success.

I do hope this is useful to you.

Here is another encouraging link : [www.mirror.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 12:04PM by flipperjan.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:34PM

I would eat 100% raw vegan and juice 100% of the time. Anything canned is not raw, and frozen food is also dead food. I would make sure I'm breathing fresh clean air and drinking pure water - not tap water or plastic water. I wouldn't only use all natural products - no chemicals - for cleaning and body care.

Also, as far as sprouted - I wouldn't eat grains, even sprouted, and especially don't eat gluten-containing grains or sprouts.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Date: October 03, 2012 12:48PM

Im still not sure about juicing, it has many pro's i.e high levels of phytonutrients which are anti-cancer but at the same time it is very high in sugar which feeds cancer cells and is void of fiber, so i would stick to dark green juices most likely which are lower sugar and contain some of the best anti-cancer phytonutrients.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: October 03, 2012 01:11PM

Thanks for all the support and advice. I think Kidraw gave me the most of what I'm looking for which is to find out what exactly is raw. Ans a newbie to this it's easy to think something is raw because I haven't cooked it yet, but this confirmed what I thought about canning/jarring using heat to kill bacteria and therefore not raw. Can I buy raw olives and then home cure them and will that keep them raw? I really need someone to rely on for what I'm sure to you guys seem like stupid questions, but I really believe that even if I can't cure myself, I believe I can slow the growth and give myself a few extra years. I also believe that even if it's a total failure as a cure, that I can get my body in the healthiest position to tolerate the standard treatments. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 03, 2012 02:25PM

Shoreroad,

Welcome! I hope that you believe that you can conquer this, and that your body is within your control, and not some passive recipient of disease. I agree with KidRaw about taking it to 100% and doing a lot of juicing; your metabolism needs to put energy into the immune response and detoxifying you of whatever protocol you were on previously, not to digestion. Go easy on your body, focus on the most potent anti-cancer foods, like leafy greens and brassicas, and berries, and on drinking clean water and getting plenty of rejuvenating rest. Above all, remain hopeful and positive--have faith in yourself--and your body will respond. Good luck, and full, abundant health to you smiling smiley

Date: October 03, 2012 02:57PM

Raw is great like i say and im not trying to put a downer on things just trying to offer a different perspective. I know quite a few who have failed with a raw diet long term, so don't be afraid to include some other non-raw more concentrated protein and fat sources to keep your strength up. Many have trouble meeting their protein needs with a raw diet and the body needs a good amount of amino acids in order to heal at every level.

Most of all don't forget Vitamin D(which is completely missing from a raw vegan diet and if you are living somewhere with poor sunlight or don't get much sun). Vitamin D is immuno-modulatory.

Seaweeds are a good source of minerals and trace/ultra-trace elements which are often deficient and not easy to come by other plant sources. Some seaweed species such as brown seaweed contain high levels of researched anti-cancer compounds such as fucoidan. You can pick up many raw sea vegetable products and can be included in salads etc.

I guess what im saying is don't fall into the trap of believing a raw diet is a cure all as many guru's suggest, it is certainly helpful but i would think about explore other avenues also.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 02:59PM by powerlifer.

Date: October 03, 2012 03:28PM

Yes, I forgot - loads of sunlight and lots of sleep, and walking. I wouldn't do strenuous exercise. How about meditating and visualizing your body healing. Praying.

Also, I wouldn't touch supplements; I think they upset the balance of our bodies and they're full of 'fillers' and 'other ingredients'.

I would take Lugol's for iodine, though and try things like eating loads of garlic, the apple cidar vinegar protocol.

Here's what to eat on the Raw Food Diet -

Fruits
Vegetables
Sprouts
Nuts/seeds
Juices
Sea Vegetables

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 03, 2012 03:28PM

[www.theiodineproject.webs.com]

[curezone.com]

The above links are about prostate cancer and Iodine supplementation. If you do a search for prostate cancer and Iodine a lot of other info. will come up with regard to cancer and Iodine.

You can also check out hacres.com There you may find a health minister in your area that can advise you on diet. The founder cured his cancer with raw food diet. They also advise if you are going to make a meal of some cooked things, which foods would be best..all vegetarian choices, no meat or dairy.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 03, 2012 03:39PM

You can buy raw olives - at least in the UK anyway.

Date: October 03, 2012 03:59PM

Wow, great info all this stuff. I absolutely knew that this was going to be the kind of community that I could count on for help and thank you all. All of your suggestions are paths I'm looking at and appreciate not only the validation of what I'm looking at but the wealth of other options everyone is putting out. I just came back from scouting out places to start buying raw organics. I'm in NY so I know I'll have some options. It looks like the hardest part is going to be finding a variety of sprouts that are organic. my local Fairway has plenty of sprouts but they don't say organic so I'm figuing they are not. I'm wondering how hard it can be to sprout them myself?

If you wouldn't mind, here is what my first day has been like so far.

Water- Fiji and Iceland, are these ok or is there something better? I want a high PH as I'm hoping to alkalize

I found Pea shoots and made a salad with a big handful of pea shoots, a tomato, half a carrot shredded, spring mix, a sliced broccoli floret, a clove of minced garlic, and a home grown cayenne pepper that I grew in organic soil this summer. I dressed it with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, sea salt and cracked pepper. All was organic except the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Can raw olive oil be purchased? I'm sure that organic OO can be bought, right? Also is there a such thing as organic salt and pepper? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Date: October 03, 2012 04:04PM

The best salts to use in my opinion are unrefined salts which contain the full spectrum of trace elements such as himalayan, real or celtic sea salt.

A little oil dressing is a good idea as it can help increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins up to 22% more than a salad that didn't have the fat source.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: October 03, 2012 04:12PM

This is what I had in the cabinet. It says the only ingredient is pure sea salt but I suppose I'm finding out that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm starting to think along the lines of how is it mined, stored, transported, geese there's a lot to think about.

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 03, 2012 04:19PM

Also, any thoughts on the water? Ok, I'm off to take care of some business. I'll check back later. Once again thank you so much, I can't tell you all how much I appreciate this.

Date: October 03, 2012 04:30PM

I forgot to mention you might want to research into medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake, chaga(especially), reishi etc. They have immuno modulatory effects through there polysaccharide content, aswell as other anti-cancer/tumor effects in studies. Definitley one to research.

Im not a fan of any manipulated alkaline waters because they neutralize the stomach acid and can cause candida and other opportunistic overgrowths. Mined salts such as himalayan tend to be better because they contain less heavy metals.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 04:36PM

I'll say that I don't agree with not doing strenuous exercise. I have been told and have read all the benefits of exercise, and most do not understand how important this simple function is. It stimulates bone marrow and speeds healing by 8x. Drink wheatgrass juice and do green juices with sprouts. Staying alkaline, boosting your immune system and bowel cleansing are the main focus at the Hippocrates Health Institute. This keeps oxygen in your blood and bowel cleanses rid your body of toxins and some pathogens. Rid yourself of fungas, parasites and whatever is potentially weakening your system. Use Primal Defense probiotic it is by far the most effective and it is widely known that probiotics are one of the best ways of stimulating the immune system. If you just change your lifestyle for the better you should be just fine. At HHI they have one hundred percent success rate with people who FOLLOW the therapy. If it does'nt work for you then you can always heal another way, just make sure you get the right advice/healer.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 03, 2012 04:46PM

Hey! You can get raw olives online, just google it and you will find some. They will probably have salt added, though, and will already be cured.

Your salad sounds good. I would suggest reducing or eliminating salt and soy sauces. I like to make salad dressings with blended avocado, red bell pepper, tomatoes, maybe a jalapeno, and some fresh citrus.

Olive oil that is cold-pressed and non-filtered is raw. smiling smiley And tastes great!! smiling smiley

Eat plenty of berries, too. smiling smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 03, 2012 05:18PM

A rebounder (mini-trampoline) would be great for exercise. Start out light and easy. It will get the lymphatic system going and work on those cells. Google the NASA study on rebounders for more on the benefits. Also agree with visualization and positive thinking. You will beat this and it will turn out to be nothing more than a blessing which taught you the habits necessary to live a long, healthy life.

Date: October 03, 2012 09:27PM

Utopian, thanks for the tips. You blend it in a processor? Do you use oil?

Power, I have Maitake drops. As far as the water, what would you suggest?

Date: October 03, 2012 10:43PM

like I said - I wouldn't drink tap or plastic water. We used to get glass bottled water delivered. It's not cheap, but I think it's healthier than the alternative --

[www.healthwatersinc.com]

We got Mountain Valley Spring Water in 5 gallon glass jars, but you can also get it in the smaller bottles, which I think a lot of supermarkets and Health Food Stores carry.

The Health Waters people also carry a Diamond Distilled Water - at least they used to.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:09PM

I use a Vitamix (blender) but a food processor is fine. smiling smiley NO OIL! All raw and free. check out www.fullyraw.com You don't need all these salts and oils to have creative delicious meals. smiling smiley

Date: October 03, 2012 11:34PM

Agree - no salt, no oils.

Yes, get a blender, a juicer and a mini-processor. I wouldn't eat much dehydrated raw food - I always feel like it's dead and dry.

I would have a raw smoothie and a raw juice every day, but also try raw recipes. Pinterest is loaded with raw food recipes.

A lot of us eat only fresh fruit in the morning, by itself. Then at noon, have your veggie meal - maybe a blended soup or salad. I would have nuts or seeds in my salad or veggie soup. You could put your sprouts and any veggies you're not thrilled with eating raw into your smoothie with fruit so you don't taste them.

Are you skinny, fat or just right? If you're skinny and don't want to lose weight - eat young coconuts, dates, bananas, fresh figs, avacados. Eat nuts/seeds or nut/seed butter - but don't overdo the fats. You'll probably be eating every couple hours, depending if you're overweight or skinny.

I would not eat after 7:00 at night, or even earlier - but you may have to work up to that.

Also, if you eat 100% Raw, you won't have to worry about cravings and struggling, because cooked is not an option.

Don't worry if Vegan or All Raw is the optimal diet for the 'long-term' because you have reserves of protein and once you get rid of the cancer, you can re-evaluate your diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 11:45PM by KidRaw.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 04, 2012 12:53PM

I would go to youtube also and search Dr. Brian Clement for good free info. this is his specialty, cancer!

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 04, 2012 03:18PM

I would look into intermittent fasting and liquidarianism

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 05, 2012 09:18AM

the best book for a newbie is this one.

The Detox Miracle Sourcebook: Raw Food and Herbs for Complete Cellular Regeneration

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 05, 2012 09:21AM

I like spring water, im not fond of reverse osmosis type waters which have the minerals removed because they can then leech the minerals from the body.

Alkaline waters also im not fond of as they manipulate areas of the body which are meant to remain acidic, such as neutralizing the stomach acid.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: October 05, 2012 02:46PM

I'm having a hard time working sprouts in. So far I've only used them in salads (which I see will get played out quick) and today I diced broccoli, pea, and alfalfa sprouts in a guacamole, which was a nice change. I like the bean sprouts and the pea shoots, but the rest not so much so I'm going to need to mask them. Also, I bought Two Moms in the Raw Cranberry Granola, anyone have any thoughts on this? If it's no good I'm going to need something like this for the texture. [www.amazon.com]

Again, I really apreiate everyone taking the time to help me out. =)

Date: October 05, 2012 02:47PM

Power - I'm taking Betaine HCI to maintain stomach acid......

Also Natren Superdopholous (spelling) 1/2 tsp powder in water 3x a day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 02:50PM by Shoreroad.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 05, 2012 09:24PM

powerlifter

why would reverse osmotically filtered water leach minerals from the body?
i understand that they don't have minerals in and of themselves ( which is fine since my diet is very rich in minerals) but LEACHING? ... why?

also, u say that alkalized water makes the HCL in the stomach less acidic thus .. not a good thing... however, i drink a lot of green juices which are highly alkalizing.. why would they not also be adversely affecting?

lastly, could u say more about vitamin D... i get plenty of sunshine.. is that enough? no need for supplementation?

thank you in advance
always appreciate new info.

shore road

this is a good place
lots of people have gotten rid of cancer using any and every means possible

keep searching, experimenting and believing

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables