Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can anyone help a newbie in need?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 05, 2012 09:27PM

shoreroad

here is dr. lorraine day's website. she got rid of advanced stage breast cancer
i saw her video a while back.. she advocates the raw vegan diet.. here is her site

her story is extremely inspiring

[www.drday.com]

also saw this thing concerning cancer cure testimonials and the "water cure"

[www.watercure2.org]

however, i have no idea what the "water cure" is... but i think it is an adjunct to lorraine day's site though not entirely sure

what is the "water cure"?... are they referring to a water fast? or alkalized water? or what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2012 09:34PM

hi shore road

i like powerlifter's advice in that

raw vegan is an incredible diet

but please look into all and every other modality as well

oxygen therapy... herbs... meditation... forms of exercise... alkalizing is always an outstanding idea... energy medicine... intent... acupuncture... anything... everything.. you name it... do it...

you have a really great go to... attitude... good for you for asking if chickpeas in the can are raw... a lot of people think that "cold" foods in the salad bar are raw but they aren't

hummus is not raw even though it is "cold"

i think sproutarian man could give you great advice on sprouting... or maybe he is the sproutman and not sproutarian man... hey sproutman... can you correct me?

he sprouts all his foods ( yeah, a lot of work but ... maybe you need the extra everything because of your condition)

and u seem to be into gardening anyhow

spirulina ( get it from a trusted source.. maybe healhtforce nutritionals or that hawaiian brand ( forgot the name of it.. someone else fill in the blank)

wheatgrass

i also agree with powerlifter that juicing could be a double edged sword if you juice FRUITS ( due to high sugar which bacteria can feed upon)

if you are going to juice ( which i HIGHLY recommend), juice a lot of your dark leafy grean vegetables and to ameliorate the bitter taste, juice a lot of cucumbers... you can actually tolerate and drink bitter green juices if you juice it with cucumbers.. and cucumbers are great in and of themselves.. also celery is good for electrolytes

good luck shore road

let us know how you are improving

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 06, 2012 01:42AM

I think that granola is fine, or you can try others if you see them in the store. smiling smiley As long as you like the taste of it! I didn't really like the Two Moms in the Raw products.

An idea for sprouts would be wraps - collards with different veggies/fruit and sprouts; or a green soup with avocado, greens, tomato, bell pepper, citrus, and sprouts. I also like to add a garnish of diced tomatoes for texture. Tomatoes help with salt addiction, IMO.

Posted by: Shoreroad ()
Date: October 06, 2012 02:05AM

Thanks Utopian! Thats a great idea the "sandwich". The two moms thing is ok, and it is taking care of a texture thing for me as I continue to explore this and get new ideas. I'll need to see if I can look up some type of raw Mayo to go on it. Also my local Fairway has these raw Cocao Gogi coconut squares. I've been addicted to them for awhile. These are the ingredients, should be no problem here right?

Ingredients

Organic Raw Dates, Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, Organic Raisins, Organic Raw Apricots(may contain rice flour), Organic Raw Cacao Powder, Organic Raw Sesame Seeds Unhulled, Organic Sunflower Meal, Organic Raw Shredded Coconut, Organic Raw Goji Powder, Natural Flavors(gluten free,msg free).

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 06, 2012 10:29AM

la_veronique, the alkaline waters i was meaning were those that purposely manipulate the PH with strong alkaline salts and bicarbonates. From food you will be ok i.e your juices, the body has many redudant methods of keeping the bodies PH in check.

As to the reverse osmosis waters and other waters that are void of minerals such as distilled waters, the problem is that these waters become very solvent and rob whatever they come in contact with. Some studies have shown these purified waters to increase the risk of heart disease, which is due to the magnesium loss.

If you are going to use reverse osmosis or distilled waters which are missing the minerals, i would add them back in. Spring water is definitley the best in my opinion.

Getting plenty of sunshine should mean you are getting vitamin D pending your liver and kidneys are functioning well. If you are worried you could get a blood test done just to check your levels, especially if on a vegan diet.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 06, 2012 02:27PM

cells explode by water penetration because they are hypotonic to pure water (by osmosis).

Date: October 06, 2012 02:32PM

Those goji squares sound good, yeah!!!
I had a good raw granola one time, can't remember the brand. I would remember it if I saw it. It was like vanilla almond. I'll see if google helps me.

Date: October 06, 2012 02:35PM

Mmm, not seeing it. The only downside to those things is the agave, oil, and salt. but if it's an occasional treat, I don't see a problem. Esp. if you like the crunchy texture.

This one I remember is good: [thelaughinggiraffe.com]

Cucumbers make a good "vehicle" for an avocado dip or something on top with a crunchy bottom. smiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 06, 2012 09:27PM

Hi Shoreroad, If you have prostate cancer, you need to remove the heavy metals from your body and environment. No metal watches or jewelry (18K gold or higher maybe okay but nothing else.), no metal eating utensils or dishes, pots/pans, no aluminum foil, no anti-perspirant with aluminum, etc. You can use plastic utensils.

You can read the "Cure To All Cancers" by Hulda Clark. While she wasn't raw, she did address parasites and cleaning up your environment.

You may also want to use L-Histidine. It has had success in curing prostate cancer. You can get it here [www.nutrabio.com]

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 06, 2012 10:42PM

think positive thoughts. You can heal yourself and I agree with the others, lots of rest and be kind to you.

Date: October 07, 2012 03:49AM

hey powerlifter

thanks for your response.. much appreciated

you said

<<As to the reverse osmosis waters and other waters that are void of minerals such as distilled waters, the problem is that these waters become very solvent and rob whatever they come in contact with. Some studies have shown these purified waters to increase the risk of heart disease, which is due to the magnesium loss.

If you are going to use reverse osmosis or distilled waters which are missing the minerals, i would add them back in. Spring water is definitley the best in my opinion. >>

i would get spring water but they come in plastic
and i use a BPA free 5 gal plastic jug to refill my water with osmotically filtered water from those water dispensers ( 25cent per gallon)

i don't like the idea of the spring water sitting in plastic and getting plastic leached into it but like u said, i guess that is a good way to go if it were not for that issue

when u said that you would add minerals into the osmotically filtered water and distilled water so that it does not rob the body of minerals, are there any particular mineral drops that you suggest?

i do feel that water is the missing link to health as far as its quality goes

i've been suspicious about what is in water, in general for a long time

do you think that reverse osmotically filtered water ( from those public water machines that are perched usually next to stores) are free of aluminum and flouride?

also, is flouride present in the spring water since it is present in some ground water?

Posted by: chat ()
Date: October 07, 2012 08:00AM

It is largely a myth that RO water leaches anything from the body. I have to run to catch a plane now, but if you google it up you can find explanation actually both sides of the debate, so you can make up your own mind.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 07, 2012 09:10AM

chat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is largely a myth that RO water leaches
> anything from the body. I have to run to catch a
> plane now, but if you google it up you can find
> explanation actually both sides of the debate, so
> you can make up your own mind.

I don't agree, but would be willing to read anything chat. RO and distilled waters become very solvent and will pull anything it comes into path with, unfortunatly it can't select between good and bad metals so they take both.

Studies have shown lowered magnesium levels and other minerals because of consuming RO water.

A little unrefined full spectrum sea salt or trace mineral drops would be a good idea la_veronique.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 09:24AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 08, 2012 04:36PM

I think it is a great idea to use distilled and like powerlifter said put some ionic minerals in it. Brian Clement drinks alot of distilled water and has researched it thoroughly. He is on a highly nutrient dense diet though and can afford to loose some minerals if that is what is really happening. He states that this also pulls toxins out of the system as a lot of us might have read.

Shoreroad, I would stay away from those granola's AND cacao. Granola is acid forming and cacao is a stimulant that is not good for your immune system. In the end just do the best you can for now, this is not an easy transition for most people. Sugar is also not good for a certain percent of people concerning cancer.
[www.youtube.com]

I am curious as to weather you have listened to some of Brian Clements video's on youtube?

Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: October 08, 2012 10:31PM

Shoreroad said:
"I'm having a hard time working sprouts in. So far I've only used them in salads (which I see will get played out quick) and today I diced broccoli, pea, and alfalfa sprouts in a guacamole, which was a nice change. I like the bean sprouts and the pea shoots, but the rest not so much so I'm going to need to mask them. "

Hi Shoreroad. I was having that trouble too, but then I stopped putting sprouts ON my salad and made the whole salad out of sprouts. Just sprouts in a bowl with diced veggies, seeds and raw salad dressing. Not sure why it makes such a huge taste/texture difference, but you might give it a try. Even just sprouts with raw dressing tastes great.

Also, sprouts are super easy and cheap to grow at home. Search it on youtube and you'll find tons of instructional vidoes. They somehow taste much better and fresher when you grow your own.

Posted by: Shoreroad ()
Date: October 09, 2012 11:15PM

Rawcurious - I'm all over that. I have my sprouter and seeds scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I've already started sprouting oat groats, chick peas and kidney beans. I made a super raw oatmeal today and tomorrow I'm going to make a bean salad for lunch with red onion.

Thanks so much for the help and support!

Date: October 10, 2012 02:28PM

I would not sprout kidney beans? oat's are ok but are acidic so you might want to check your ph while you are experimenting. Remember we need to be alkaline to carry as much oxygen as possible. Mung are super easy, lentil easy, chic pea and adzuki only good if seed is good wich is hard to comme by. If my chic pea does not grow a tail I consider that a dead seed! Most will just consume it, not me I don't eat dead seeds. Beans are tough enough for some to digest so if they are living they are much better, rinse rinse rinse to keep from molding.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 10, 2012 02:47PM

Check how you feel with all those sprouts - I can't eat a spoonful; they really disagree with me.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 10, 2012 04:41PM

Why beans? Very difficult to digest even as sprouts.
For newbie
1) detox
2) fruits
3) veggies as in greens

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 04:42PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 10, 2012 06:24PM

Hi Shoreroad,

The main reason why almost everyone who survives Cancer using Conventional Medicine has it return is because they never addressed the main issue with their Liver. According to Dr. Max Gerson, (who’s Cancer Protocol is used by most Alternative Practioners, like Dr. Lorraine Day), we cannot get Cancer unless our Livers are Damaged, which is why Detoxifying the Liver was part of his Protocol.

Dr. Max Gerson said that all Disease is based on Toxicity and Deficiency and to heal all we have to do is Detoxify and Rebuild. Max said that the 2 Organs that needed Cleaning were the Colon and the Liver and the 2 Major Deficiencies for those with Cancer were Potassium and Iodine.

To clean the Colon he had them drink 13 - 8 ounce glasses of Vegetable Juice every day, actually 1 of those 13 glasses was Orange Juice or Grapefruit Juice, but since Sugar Feeds Cancer, it’s best to NOT drink any Fruit Juice. To clean the Liver he had them do 4 to 5 Coffee Enemas a day.

And then, to address those 2 Deficiencies related to Potassium and Iodine he used a 10% Potassium Solution that he perfected and Lugol’s Solution of Iodine. Gerson also said that all Chronic Disease begins with a loss of Potassium on a Cellular Level and that Salt would displace both the Potassium and Iodine and should be avoided on his Protocol. In fact, Gerson was so adamant about NOT using Salt that he devoted a whole Chapter to it in his book, "A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases."

In addition to the 13 - 8 ounce glasses of Vegetable Juice, he had them eat 3 Raw Vegan Meals with some Cooked Food to appease those who struggled with Raw Food. Gerson reasoned that since the Liver is Damaged, we should NOT eat any Animal Protein and the only Fat he allowed was Flax Oil, so STAY AWAY FROM THOSE OLIVES!!!

Once again, you probably would not have Cancer if your Liver was Healthy, so be kind to your Liver - don’t make it work so hard so it can heal and then, heal you.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: October 10, 2012 06:47PM

But Dr. Max Gerson may have been right but the application of his recommendations where failures, lawsuits. [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 06:51PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 10, 2012 07:01PM

Hey RP,

You have to consider the source and Wikipedia is as Corrupt and full of BS as Quackwatch.

A4M Sues Wikipedia - Quackbuster(?) Propagandists Targeted...
[www.bolenreport.com]

Exposed: Wikipedia Holds Bias against Natural Health
[www.naturalnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 07:04PM by John Rose.

Date: October 10, 2012 07:04PM

You may have a point. Do you have any valuable link on Gerson

Date: October 10, 2012 07:22PM

The Gerson Institute
1572 Second Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101

Tel. 619-685-5353
Toll-free: 1-888-4-GERSON
[www.gerson.org]

And here’s an interesting Documentary…

[www.doctoryourself.com]
Dying to Have Known:
A documentary film by Steve Kroschel
(80 minutes. DVD available from the Gerson Institute,
1572 Second Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101 www.gerson.org

Date: October 10, 2012 07:42PM

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

Posted by: vanessam888 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 12:16AM

Gerson also says not to sprout.

Date: October 11, 2012 12:48AM

Bean sprouts are a problem if you are trying to recover from illness, they are hard to digest. Other sprouts such as alfafa and micro-greens should be fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 12:50AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 11, 2012 12:57AM

Bean sprouts are hard to digest for me, with the exception of mung bean sprouts, which digest quite easily.

Personally, I like the more grassy/leafy sprouts, like alfala, clover, brocoli, sunflower, and pea sprouts.

Date: October 11, 2012 07:02PM

I agree the beans can be hard to digest. I did find however that if I kept trying to eat them my body seemed to get used to them. I would just eat them as a snack one type at a time and over time I was able to digest them well. I don't claim to know why but this is what happened with me. I still can't figure out why Brian Clement says they are easy to digest? as I have herd him in private lectures say this a few times.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables