Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: blood type diet
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 07:46PM

michelemm, I will reference Brian Clement again as usual, he is a Bio-Chemist and has been dedicated and passionate about finding out the truth. He says that the btd is non-science. Don't forget that the raw vegan diet is hard for many and mostly for the sick. Going to this diet means changing the course of humanity and the evolution of the human race. IMO we have evolved into junkfood meat eaters and have CHANGED our chemistry and even the structure of our bodies and some of our organs. The genetic structure is so distorted that many diseases in humans are starting at a very young age. Repairing the genetic code and rebuilding your body so that it will function on a raw food diet is the ultimate goal. So just do what you can until you can funtion on such a diet 100% You should do a search on Dr. Brian Clement on youtube to see what he says on all aspects. Fish is not good for you for many reasons but we might need a little until we can transition over. I suggest using Chlorella for balancing the blood sugar with high quality protien and it alkalizes and infuses your body with all kinds of neutrients that will rebuild you. It has RNA and DNA precursers and like up to and somtimes over 50% potein. I just wish I had the power to get the government to stop using pesticides and take better care of the enviroment in many ways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:14PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> michelemm, I will reference Brian Clement again as
> usual, he is a Bio-Chemist and has been dedicated
> and passionate about finding out the truth. He
> says that the btd is non-science. Don't forget
> that the raw vegan diet is hard for many and
> mostly for the sick. Going to this diet means
> changing the course of humanity and the evolution
> of the human race. IMO we have evolved into
> junkfood meat eaters and have CHANGED our
> chemistry and even the structure of our bodies and
> some of our organs. The genetic structure is so
> distorted that many diseases in humans are
> starting at a very young age. Repairing the
> genetic code and rebuilding your body so that it
> will function on a raw food diet is the ultimate
> goal. So just do what you can until you can
> funtion on such a diet 100% You should do a
> search on Dr. Brian Clement on youtube to see what
> he says on all aspects. Fish is not good for you
> for many reasons but we might need a little until
> we can transition over. I suggest using Chlorella
> for balancing the blood sugar with high quality
> protien and it alkalizes and infuses your body
> with all kinds of neutrients that will rebuild
> you. It has RNA and DNA precursers and like up to
> and somtimes over 50% potein. I just wish I had
> the power to get the government to stop using
> pesticides and take better care of the enviroment
> in many ways.
Thank you so very much. I feel better just knowing that I am on the way to better health and changing my body as well as helping the environment. I will be sure to look up brian clemente, in between studyingsmiling smiley

I also think that just going to vegetables with small amounts of fruit is wise. Thanks for the chlorella suggestion.... I can get this at whole foods store? Also, I do need hi quality protein and I was comparing myself to others with eating all the fruit, maybe it is not for me. However, I am starting to realize more and more that the BTD is not for sure. No backup. I am in a phd program and I value evidence based practice, and research is all I do right now.

I am kind of mad at myself today because I bought a ton of fruit this am, but I know that this will not work for me right now. I need my kale and broccoli. One day at a time. Thank you.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:18PM

Yes you can get Chlorella at WFM the one that HHI uses is Sun Chlorella. Start out slowly it is very detoxing. The ones at HHI are little asprin like pills but even smaller maybe half of the size. You should take one or two at first per day. You can take up to 20 per. day once you are acclimated. This kind of fuel will help you with your studying also, it is great for mental clarity. Wheatgrass juice is also great for this! Brian talks about this being one of the most important foods for a rawfoodist to be on. I will go on for a bit about Brian because I have listened to him lecture for so many hours I cant even count them any more. Every time I feel so energized and inspired. He just makes so much sense and really cares about people and the world in general. I am also trying to get better at typing so this is good for me lol. Just watch some of his lectures on youtube and tell me what you think. PM me so I get it!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:21PM

It's possible to eat a lot of sweet fruit AND a lot of vegetables. smiling smiley

Posted by: rab ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:38AM

[www.unveilingthem.com]

Iron Poisoning & Copper Deficiency

Iron is NOT a nutrient, it is a poison. Iron replaces copper in the blood and tissue proteins and accumulates in multiple locations of the body, causing destruction and accelerating aging. Bio-available copper must be replenished to restore health and longevity – to repair the DNA damage.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:32PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> It's possible to eat a lot of sweet fruit AND a
> lot of vegetables. smiling smiley

Hmm.... perhaps, I was living a life of deprivation for some time. smiling smiley

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:27PM

rab Wrote:
> [www.unveilingthem.com]
> perDeficiency.htm
>
> Iron Poisoning & Copper Deficiency
>
>
> Iron is NOT a nutrient, it is a poison. Iron
> replaces copper in the blood and tissue proteins
> and accumulates in multiple locations of the body,
> causing destruction and accelerating aging.
> Bio-available copper must be replenished to
> restore health and longevity – to repair the DNA
> damage.

Well, I would guess that the reverse is true also. I read that a fair number of people have excess copper in their bodies, and vegetarians are over-represented in this area. Just passing it along.

Maybe if we are healthy our body automatically knows what to do with excess mineral of any kind.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:27AM

Date: October 16, 2012 04:27AM

rab Wrote:
> [www.unveilingthem.com]
> perDeficiency.htm

Okay, I read the interesting section on "Copper misinformation". The article as a whole is a bit odd, all news to me. Not saying it's wrong, just unusual.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:20PM

Some of it makes sense, but overall they are neglecting the problems copper toxicity has on the body.

Copper becomes bio-available alot to do in relation with low dietary intake of Zinc, we are starting to see this with strict vegetarian diets. The optimal intake of zinc to copper is 8:1, or at a minimum 6:1. A raw vegan diet just about completely reverses that ratio and makes it a 6:1 ratio in Coppers favour, this is what causes many issues such as adrenal fatigue and protein malabsorption.

I dont agree with what they have to say, in that most sources of Copper are plant based and thus poor sources of iron, in non-heme form. Copper is very bioavailable from plant foods and not a common deficiency. Zinc however has been shown to be a common nutrient for deficiency across a broad spectrum of different diets.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 05:23PM by powerlifer.

Date: October 16, 2012 07:36PM

From further reading, I think maybe this is not a simple matter. Here are some excerpts I found on natmedtalk.

"Nobody is saying that they should avoid adequate copper intake from food. The problem is taking normal (not excess)supplementary copper when the body cannot provide adequate ceruloplasmin, the copper binding protein, to ensure that it is used by the body or excess copper excreted.
Iron is another example of a metal that has its own binding proteins,transferrin, ferritin, and lactoferrin to ensure that the body is not subjected to the same oxidation problems with free floating unbound iron.

"Ceruloplasmin levels are dependant on good liver and adrenal function, which deteriorates with age and stress, which means a lot of people taking extra copper will find it is not bioavailable and cannot be used by cells, instead it is stored in body tissues and organs,particularly the brain where it can cause the problems."

Someone took issue with the above, saying:

"Maintaining a steady level of copper in the body depends upon a balance between intestinal absorption and biliary excretion. Biliary excretion of copper is capable of substantially increasing when excess copper is ingested.

The exception to this is in persons with the genetic defect causing Wilson's Disease (hepatolenticular degeneration). This genetic disease, affecting approximately 1500 Americans, is characterized by a lack of circulating ceruloplasmin, low serum copper levels, and copper accumulation in the liver."

So, you need well functioning glands & organs. That is not news. We need properly functioning glands for everything. However, nobody tells us which comes first - proper and adequate amounts of minerals to make those glands healthy; or healthy glands and organs to process and make available the minerals. Chicken and egg, once again.

Date: August 06, 2013 01:08AM

Sorry Michele,

I apologize for not answering you way back in December. As a blood type O you must listen to how you feel, and be aware of changing hormones as you transition through menopause.
I could not stay the stick I was at 20, yet, finding energy, and having great digestion without digestive enzymes was the key.

I found a great genetic test that correlates to the blood type diet very well. It will clear up some holes as you maintain your best health.

[www.keystobasichealth.com]

This will tell you whether you are low carb, low fat, balanced or mediterranean, and give you the correct percentages of protein to low fat high glycemic carbs.
It will also tell you how many meals, and snacks you need to keep belly fat off, and feel great, and have great digestion.

Getting older is not about eating less, it is about getting the right nutrients.

Date: April 25, 2014 03:55PM

Some people are low fat, 55-60% and need copious amounts of vegetables to balance their proteins 20%. Some people are mediterranean, and need more vegetables 50% to balance their proteins 25%. Some people are low carb, and need only 40% of vegetables to their 30% proteins.

This becomes very clear as you get close to 50 and beyond. Pain may mean you are not getting enough protein, foods can cause pain, and nutritional deficiencies may cause pain.

As we age, we need more B vitamins. Yes you can get some from celery and asparagus. If you are still hurting, you may need real meat. You may need supplemental support.

Helping Middle age people is food for thought, because when I was 20, and 30 vegan may have worked.

www.keystobasichealth.com

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: April 25, 2014 05:33PM

keystobasichealth Wrote:
> Some people are low fat, 55-60% and need copious
> amounts of vegetables to balance their proteins
> 20%. Some people are mediterranean, and need more
> vegetables 50% to balance their proteins 25%. Some
> people are low carb, and need only 40% of
> vegetables to their 30% proteins.
>
> This becomes very clear as you get close to 50 and
> beyond. Pain may mean you are not getting enough
> protein, foods can cause pain, and nutritional
> deficiencies may cause pain.
>
> As we age, we need more B vitamins. Yes you can
> get some from celery and asparagus. If you are
> still hurting, you may need real meat. You may
> need supplemental support.
>
> Helping Middle age people is food for thought,
> because when I was 20, and 30 vegan may have
> worked.
>
> www.keystobasichealth.com

Nobody ever needs meat, unless it's eat meat or starve to death. The blood type diet is a myth.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 25, 2014 05:52PM

there are many people victims of the blood type diet scam. Mainly is people that has some scientic faith but they really got bad scientist (well he is not even one!)

[nutritionfacts.org]

"It was Adolf Hitler who coined a propaganda technique he called, “The Big Lie,” arguing that people may be more likely to believe colossal untruths, because they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously, so in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility.

The book, Eat Right for Your Type, makes the astounding claim that people with different blood types should eat different foods. Type O's are supposed to be like the hunter and eat a lot of meat, whereas people with type A blood are supposed to eat less. A systematic review of the evidence supporting blood type diets was published in one of the world's most prestigious nutrition journals. They didn't find any.

Diets based on the ABO blood group system have been promoted over the past decade, but the evidence to support the effectiveness of such diets had evidently not previously been assessed in the scientific literature. Actually, in the Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association there were a number of papers that came out of a day-long scientific seminar held by the Norwegian Society for Nutrition. Hard to believe they would even take the time, but evidently 40,000 copies of the book had been sold in Norway and so good for them, they sought to determine “blood type diets: Visionary science or nonsense,” and they concluded nonsense.

What they found so outrageous is that the blood type diet is promoted and justified in the book by supposed scientific arguments, yet the author takes no pains to prove his ideas, just presenting them simply as facts, taking advantage of people's ignorance of biology.

His arguments sound scientific and he uses lots of big words, but he displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the science, describing the book's understanding of some basic tenants of blood type biology as absurd.

There should be no doubt that the author had practiced in Norway, as opposed to Connecticut, where he would be in violation of the so-called Quack Law.

The book cites the work of blood type biochemists, but if you ask the actual experts, as scientists, they say they obviously have to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out: "it must be stated that an ‘open mind’ should not extend to some of the non-scientific literature where there are books on the ABO blood type system of pure fantasy. The most recent and incredulous of these claims that individuals of each ABO blood type must subscribe to a specific diet."

I don't know how researchers have the patience to read these popular press books, but can lead to an appreciation of the ridiculous aspects of the many ignorant and preposterous claims.

So, what should the overall assessment of this work be? The nicest thing you can say about the book is: “boy, does he have a good imagination.”

Is it any worse than people who believe their fate is determined by the stars? Well, yes, because astrologists aren't telling a third of the population to go out and eat organ meats.

The diet is not as bad as some. Positive results reported by some individuals may well be due to a general improvement in diet and lifestyle (less fat and sugar, more fruits and vegetables, less smoking, more exercise). Look, anything that gets people to eat fewer doughnuts, I don't care if you say Martians said so.

This may get lost a bit in translation, but this professor of laboratory medicine at the Norwegian University of Science's analysis concluded that the author's "learning must be considered junk and without scientific foundation.”

What did the new review find? They sifted through over a thousand papers that might shed some light on the issue, and none of the studies showed an association between blood type diets and health-related outcomes. They conclude that there is currently no evidence that an adherence to blood type diets will provide health benefits, despite the substantial presence and perseverance of blood type diets within the health industry.

The author responded to the review on his website, saying that there's good science behind the blood type diet just like there was good science behind Einstein’s mathematical calculations, and that if blood type diets were just tested in the right way, just like Einstein's E=MC2 , he would be vindicated, complaining that the reason you don’t see any studies on blood types and nutrition is because of little interest and available money. He's sold more than seven million books! Why doesn't he fund his own studies—that's what the Atkins Corporation did.

And the answer is he has! In 1996, he wrote, "I am beginning the eighth year of a ten year trial on reproductive cancers, using the Blood Type Diets. By the time I release the results in another 2 years, I expect to make it scientifically demonstrable that the Blood Type Diet plays a role in cancer remission." OK, so that would be 1998, and the results? Still not released.

Good tactic, though, saying you're just about to publish, banking that nobody would actually follow up, so in his sequel he said he was currently conducting a twelve-week randomized, double-blind, controlled trial implementing the Blood Type Diet, to determine its effects on the outcomes of patients with rheumatoid arthritis." That was ten years ago.

As my Norwegian colleague bemoaned, "it is difficult not to perceive the whole thing as a crass fraud."

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables