Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detoxifying aluminum or metals in general
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2012 03:38AM

so aluminum is supposed to be really abundant

in air, water, soil, food etc.

and what with chemtrails and all

i'm thinking " how do i just have a way to continually detox these things?"

i know cilantro juice is good

any other suggestions though?

something about ascorbate (vit C) and magnesium too being good for aluminum detox

any other suggestions

i'd like more suggestions that will incorporate more food sources ( juicing , i prefer)

for flushing out heavy metals

seems like it is just everywhere

and sorta unavoidable ( being in the air n water and all)

is the aluminum filtered out of the water in those water dispensing units they have for a quarter per gallon ... you know... those public water unit filters that have reverse osmotic filters etc.

how bout flouride... is that filtered out of the water too... in those public filtered water dispenser units?

thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 03:39AM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detoxifying aluminum or metals in general
Date: October 07, 2012 03:40AM

meant to ask also what do people do , in general, to completely flush out all other types of toxic metals ( not just aluminum) that they suspect might be in their bodies

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 07, 2012 09:37AM

A good healthy diet will largely take care of incoming metals as will having good liver and other elimination organ function. Many metals are eliminated via bile, so if your liver and gallbladder aren't functioning well this is when you begin to store more heavy metals.

Stress also lowers many vital minerals which are antagonistic to other metals. Like i say a healthy diet is one of the best repellants to heavy metals, minerals such as iodine, zinc, selenium and even calcium are antagonistic and will either displace or stop various metals binding to their receptor sites.

This is why im wary of a raw vegan diet long term because it is very rich in the mineral copper in relation to zinc. Pectins also bind to heavy metals in the digestive tract for elimination.

Seaweeds rich in alginates such as kelp or brown seaweeds such as Laminaria Japonica are good for detoxing heavy metals. The alginate much in the same way as pectins binds to heavy metals in the digestive tract.

Im not actually that much of a fan of cilantro and it can be very dangerous at stirring up heavy metals if you are poisoned. I set myself back majorly usinjg cilantro for chelation. Cilantro is great at pulling heavy metals and crossing the blood-brain barrier, but you need to combine it with another chelating agent that will bind the metals to avoid redistribution to other tissues and glands. Chlorella or Brown Seaweed Extract is good for this.

Overall if you are heavy metal toxic in my opinion it is better to lower the body burden of heavy metals first using chelators such as chlorella, brown seaweed extract, FAR Infrared Saunas if you can handle them and other mineral levels are not low, before trying to remove heavy metals from the brain using chelators such as Cilantro.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 09:39AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 07, 2012 01:11PM

I've read that the largest detox organ is the skin. So, if possible, I would try to do FIR sauna daily ($200 gets you one). Some people are able to detox better than others and life is not fair. It is hard to meassure the toxic levels of these metals and this can cause little paranoia on some people. So the best thing is to do preventive maintenance of good habbits just in case.

PowerL, Why would make cooking vegetables get rid of copper?

Date: October 07, 2012 01:39PM

Just remember to replace minerals if you are going to use the FAR Infrared sauna daily, i learned the hard way and my heart started going out of rhythm due to electrolyte loss. I make a little blend of himalayan salt, kelp, alfalfa and nettle pre-sauna session to support my mineral levels.

Cooking doesn't Panchito, what i was meaning is that the optimal ratio of Zinc to Copper is 8:1 or at the very least 6:1. A raw vegan diet is so rich in Copper and low in Zinc in relation that long term i don't think it is very healthy, infact i suspect the excessive amount of Copper induces a Zinc deficiency which then causes problems with protein absorption.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 01:41PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 07, 2012 02:19PM

Thanks PowerL. It is interesting that an excess of something induces a deficiency of something else.

Date: October 07, 2012 05:43PM

panchito

thanks for the suggestion

powerlifter

i appreciate all your insights
especially your mentioning of the importance of having your detoxifying organs be in tip top shape
i am wary of seaweed because i have no idea what is in the water where they source it ( any chance that they grow it artificially? their mineral content is outstanding)

also, ditto for chlorella ( any good brand suggestions where they have had it tested in labs etc.? how do they control what is dumped in the ocean?)

so what i am hearing u say is that cilantro is very strong and if you have heavy metals already, it could migrate to other areas

well, i don't have any metals in my teeth
and my diet has been pretty clean

i started suspecting metals in the air when i would literally smell them a few times
about a week ago, the metallic smell in the air was so heavy that i thought maybe there was a fire nearby but there was none
this got me to looking up all the heavy metals that are simply in the air, water, soil

i don't live near an industrial area so it seemed strange that there would be a metallic smell in the air

i smelled it maybe 3 or 4 times in the period of a few years
each time, it was very distinct

but it made me wonder what was going on

other people noticed it but simply twitched their nose and shrugged their shoulders

well, i'm staying in the solution

thanks again panchito and powerlifter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 05:51PM by la_veronique.

Posted by: adrian ()
Date: October 07, 2012 11:41PM

i have the same questions la veronique,about chlorella and also sea weeds. i use both (from good supplier) but don't know how contaminated the waters are...worse than soil? i don't know. and i love seaweeds!

Date: October 08, 2012 05:31AM

adrian

how do u know if they are a "good supplier" unless you have called them to ask them if you can get an independent lab report of what is in their seaweed or chlorella and the water from which they grow it

Posted by: adrian ()
Date: October 08, 2012 05:44AM

i did ask them about heavy metals, although i didn't ask to see a lab report, i took their word on it... i should ask more specifically though, that is true.... i kinda thought most waters on earth are polluted, as the air and soil? and so there will always be some? i did a heavy metal test a couple months ago and things weren't too bad. i believe the raw diet really helps with that.

Date: October 08, 2012 09:54AM

Kelp is a good choice because any metals it has picked up will be bound by the alginates anyway, if you can find Organic even better.

Like i said in the Spirulina thread, to get an Organic certification for Chlorella an Spirulina is very difficult from what i have heard, thus you must meet alot of strict criteria as to quality, heavy metals, bacteria just like any other herb.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 08, 2012 08:56PM

Apple, cilantro, seaweed salad winking smiley. Yum!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables