Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Glucose considered raw food?
Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: October 09, 2012 07:58PM

I have a bottle of molasses (grape syrup) and the second ingredient is glucose. Is this considered Ok as a raw food to be eaten?

~~~
Each inhalation brings the outside world inside and each exhalation brings the inner world outside. You are bridging two worlds. Maintaining your balance you proceed further to the subtler realms ~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Glucose considered raw food?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 09, 2012 08:52PM

Molasses is a byproduct of the refinement of sugar..cane sugar. It's heated and therefore not raw. Raw sugar cane if you could get it would be considered raw.

Glucose would not be considered a food imo.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 10, 2012 12:42AM

SkyFeather,

You have grape molasses, which, like the pomegranate molasses I so love, is produced by cooking the heck out of a fruit, in this case, mashed grapes. So whether the glucose in it is raw[this is also heat derived]doesn't matter, I'm afraid. It isn't at all raw sad smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2012 12:53AM

but its a probbly a whole lot better then white sugar smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: October 10, 2012 06:17AM

Oh, thanks! Tamukha ys that might be, grape syrup. It is a brown liquid.
So, I will slowly finish the rest of this bottle -within the rest 5-10% of my non raw diet- and I will not buy another one.

~~~
Each inhalation brings the outside world inside and each exhalation brings the inner world outside. You are bridging two worlds. Maintaining your balance you proceed further to the subtler realms ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables