Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nuts - Whole foods?
Posted by: RawRookie ()
Date: October 27, 2006 06:17PM

I just came back from Whole Foods and picked up an assortment of what was labeled "raw" nuts.

Is whole foods a reputable sorce for raw nuts?

By the way - they even had 2 books in their book section. I bet all of you have much better books to suggest to me?

Rachel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nuts - Whole foods?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 27, 2006 06:26PM

Whole Foods is a retail store that does some investiment in organic foods. While I'm sure they do their best to bring you what they are claiming, you really need to research the companies that are providing the items that are being retailed.

Ian.

Posted by: learning4ever ()
Date: October 28, 2006 10:38PM

I wish to know this too.

If im paying for and buying nuts that are labeled Raw and organic 100%, does this mean I can fully believe that they are UNHEATED?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 29, 2006 12:14PM

>>If im paying for and buying nuts that are labeled Raw and organic 100%, does this mean I can fully believe that they are UNHEATED?<<

My guess: unlikely.

The people at whole foods also sell cooked foods. I'd say the majority of food they sell is cooked.

So how much interest do they really have in providing truly raw nuts and seeds.

There should be a certification for truly raw nuts, just like there is for certified raw milk. That might even boost sales, but meanwhile, me things whole foods haven't a clue.

See [www.rawusa.org] for raw milk standards.

Now why cant there be the same thing for raw nuts? If i were a nut farmer i might start such a thing (rawusa is directed by OPDC owner). But it would seem like an uphill task from the consumer side.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 09:14AM

I think i heard on this board once that if the nuts sprout then that means they are raw?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables