Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bold contradictions about fructose
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:48PM

In the following article, Dr Mercola says that fructose is BAD and makes you age faster. However, in my experience it is the other way around. After I started eating massive amounts of fructose (from fruit), I look and feel younger. Where do these academic people get the information. I also been to seminars where the speaker is anti fruit, and these famous speakers look horrible. It makes me doubt about whatever they say.

[www.drmercola.com]

"Fructose, particularly high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), is the most potent and dangerous type of sugar because it speeds up the aging process and creates harmful advance glycation end products (AGES). Fructose also leads to the formation of harmful fat cells or visceral fat around your vital organs – a primary risk factor for heart disease and diabetes."

"However, Dr. Mercola says that there may be a way to break free from this damaging cycle, which is to limit or eliminate your sugar consumption. He recommends avoiding processed foods that contain excessive amounts of sugar, and to eat natural, whole foods instead. It is also advisable to limit your fructose intake to just less than 25 grams a day, including that from fresh fruit."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bold contradictions about fructose
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:06PM

I like to get the majority of my carbs from fruit if i can, although i do have some white potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams also. I tend to stay away from grains if possible. I do eat more of the lower GI fruits such as berries.

I think Dr Mercola advocates a lower carbohydrate diet overall. But i guess he's saying here to keep sugar levels moderate and to source from whole foods.

There is nothing healthy about high sugar diets in my opinion regardless if sourced mostly from fruit. People think there shielded from the side effects that excessive sugar can cause just because its fruit they are consuming.

Most of the high fruit speakers don't look like there thriving either. I guess as usual the truth will usually land somewhere in the middle for the majority. There are those who will do better on lower carb diets, as there will be some who do better on higher carbs.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 06:09PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:25PM

I guess a little of everything can't hurt. It seems that these anti fruit movement comes from studies of rats eating clear corn syrup. If someone bases the livelihood in reading and the writing papers, the latest paper will shape the ideas. They could always defend their position with the studies of the rats. But at the same time, these people could be creating more damage than good. Some women get fat on a fruit diet probably because of their hormonal differences.

I go by what works for me. Today this, and tomorrow don't know yet. I think I have to keep an open mind.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:35PM

I agree fully, we can only interpret rat and mice studies so far in relation to how it would effect humans.

But sugar is still sugar at the end of the day and from the vast amount of studies showing the detrimental effects of high sugar diets, im not sure why many would take in excess sugar when they could just balance their diet out abit with a little more protein and fats.

Were all different, all i know is i suffered the effects of a high carb diet mostly from breads, pasta's and grains. So much so that i developed insulin resistance.

People who are very active will be burning off the excess sugar but what about the average joe who is experimenting with these type of high sugar diets, they often gain weight. At least that is the initial effect of the excess sugar being stored as fat, long term the pancreas becomes burdened and that excess weight gain spirals into metabolic syndrome and the beginnings of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

This will be interpreted that i now recommend a low carb diet, so ill just chime in with this disclaimer before those posts happen. Moderate carbohydrate intake suffices for most.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 06:37PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:54PM

Mercola is a Weston Priceist. 'nuff said.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 30, 2012 04:42PM

Mercola is missing too many Pieces of the Puzzle. When he first tried to eat a lot of fruit, it elevated his blood levels of triglycerides temporarily, just like eating too much sugar and refined grains can elevate blood levels of triglycerides, but Mercola’s elevated levels were due to the cleansing effects of fruits. The problem here is that Mercola has never tried to duplicate his experience once he cleansed his body and all good scientists depend on Duplication. The other Big Piece of the Puzzle Mercola is missing is he does NOT understand the difference between True Hunger and Withdrawal Symptoms [ [www.rawfoodsupport.com] ], as is reflected in Mercola’s Bogus Nutritional Typing Test. This Test is asking people How they Feel after taking their DRUG (MEAT) of choice.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: October 31, 2012 09:38PM

I did a vid about Mercolas Fructose ramblings here.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:59PM

It's hard to understand exactly what Mercola advocates. Like every other youtube shill, it's dependent on what he's selling. Some ride the same horse over and over again, but his product is always changing. I will say this for him: 1) He's criticizing the health establishment from the inside and doing actual work. i.e. he isn't logging insane amounts of hours on the internet calling people fat and then proclaiming himself an authority. 2) He looks very good for someone his age.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables