Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Give Favorite Colon Cleansing Tea
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 17, 2012 05:33PM

I'm looking for recommendations for an herbal colon cleansing tea. I found Holy Tea which seems popular but it's pricey.

Anyone ever try Holy Tea or have other favorites?

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Give Favorite Colon Cleansing Tea
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 17, 2012 06:39PM

Not a tea but i like the ayurvedic herbal blend triphala as a non-addictive mild laxative which strengthens and tones the digestive tract.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:15AM

For colon cleansing, I might recommend Stanley Burroughs' "Salt Water Flush", which is part of his Master Cleanser program. One needs to prep the Bowels first......WY
P.S. Forget the Lemonade part of his cleanse.

Date: November 18, 2012 09:14AM

As far as herbal based colon cleansers go, most are based largely around stimulant laxative herbs such as senna or rhubarb root which can actually weaken bowel function and cause dependance. So i don't rate most of them at all.

They also have other side effects in that they can disturb electrolyte balance, which can be very dangerous and is something that happened to myself after taking the Kleri tea which is part of Dr.Natura's colon cleansing kit. My heart started going out of rhythm, i was very short of breathe and even sedentary my heart was in tachycardia. If diarrhea results remember to replace electrolytes and get professional help.

The other component of most herbal colon cleanser products is fiber such as psyullium husk or others such as flax, chia and even sometimes absorbers such as bentonite clay or activated charcoal. These products are better but they don't address the reason for gastric dysfunction and are merely a band aid to mop up the mess.

I personally rather focus on restoring the gut flora and stomach acid when it comes to digestive health. It is largely the gut flora which controls peristalsis.

Triphala is good as mentioned above in that it is a non-addictive mild laxative which doesn't weaken bowel function or gastric motility in the way stimulant laxative herbs do.

There are other colon cleanser products such as Oxypowder which do work but again, taking doses of magnesium which acts as a laxative isn't good long term either. You want your digestive system to be working naturally and alot of that stems from having proper gut flora balance and sufficient stomach acid levels.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 09:21AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:49PM

I did take a look at the Triphala and would you recommend the powder or capsules?
Price seems very reasonable.

I would think that some herbs like slippery elm and marshmallow would be soothing and helpful to the colon. Teas are always for me a short term use anyway.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: RawPlease ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:08PM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a tea but i like the ayurvedic herbal blend
> triphala as a non-addictive mild laxative which
> strengthens and tones the digestive tract.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Powerlifter, do you think triphala could replace colonics as a cleanse to use before going 100% raw? I heard colonics are recommended before so that when toxins are released they're not blocked. Last time I tried going 100% raw it felt amazing other than digestion being stopped.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:22AM

They make all sorts of claims for Holy Tea, but I dunno. I tried it a few years ago. It's basically just a cathartic, it makes you "go" like crazy.Yet they promote it as some sort of cleanout formula.

Re triphala. Good thing it comes in capsules now. I tried it years ago from an India grocery store when it was just in powder form. I assure you that nothing in the universe could possibly taste worse.

I like the Dr. Christopher Lower Bowel formula. You can always open up the caps and make it into a tea. Probably works better that way. I'm not convinced that herbs were meant to be taken in capsules unless you take them with a cup of hot water, but that is just my opinion.

Anyone here familiar with the few herbal formulas made up by Jameth Sheridan (vegan rawfood doctor of sorts)? They are well reviewed at iherb, at least.

Date: November 21, 2012 08:42AM

It really depends how poor digestion is and what is the cause i.e low stomach acid, lack of pancreatic enzyme release, poor bile flow and so on.

Triphala will help to some extent though and is good for supporting digestive function.

Dr Christphers Lower Bowel formula contains stimulant laxative herbs such as Cascara Sagrada and rhubarb root which can weaken bowel motility in as little as a few days. Also barberry and goldenseal will kill off the gut flora also, so something that needs to be watched.

The health of the gut is so reliant on healthy gut flora balance that i try to minimize killing off the flora as much as possible, if it can be prevented.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

RawPlease Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not a tea but i like the ayurvedic herbal blend
> > triphala as a non-addictive mild laxative which
> > strengthens and tones the digestive tract.
> >
> > [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]
>
> Powerlifter, do you think triphala could replace
> colonics as a cleanse to use before going 100%
> raw? I heard colonics are recommended before so
> that when toxins are released they're not blocked.
> Last time I tried going 100% raw it felt amazing
> other than digestion being stopped.

Date: November 23, 2012 08:24PM

What i mentioned in another thread. A good cleanse product is Supreme Cleanse by Gaia Herbs. Its a 3 part kit with a lymphatic herbal detox, liver cleanse and rejuve for cleansing the colon. Doesn't contain any stimulant laxative herbs like many other colon cleanser products do.

Its actually very well formulated, im a big fan of Gaia Herbs products not only in terms of formulations but the quality of herbs is at the very top. Contains herbs such as triphala which actually help address gastric dysfunction by strengthening and toning the digestive system. DGL Licorice extract and marshmallow root are good for soothing the stomach and esophageal lining.

As such the rejuve part of the cleanse can be used long term because there is no addictive stimulant laxative herbs.

My main gripe with most colon cleansing products is that the majority are absolute garbage and some can be rather harmful as i stated in my first post with the electrolytes and weaking of bowel motility from stimulant laxative herbs. Most colon cleansing products are merely Psyllium husk combined with some stimulant laxative herbs such as Senna or Rhubarb Root.

Here is the link to the Supreme Cleanse by Gaia Herbs - Supreme Cleanse Gaia Herbs

Gets a very high rate of good feedback which you can see on sites like amazon.

Posted by: lanshan75 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:22AM

Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

Posted by: lordkevin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:43PM

this is the nice post...

Our 642-887 dumps online training really helps you pass exam in first try. See more detail about this products on Yale University and Benedictine University Website and Youtube or Facebook best wishes.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:28PM

I've found anything that makes me go, is irritating to the colon. I prefer home colonics when my detox symptoms tell me I need some help.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables