Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

biodynamic?
Posted by: bluejaunte ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:43PM

possibly a stupid question, but what does biodynamic mean i.e. biodynamic raisins? does this have anything to do with being raw? or am i way off with this one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: biodynamic?
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:45PM

It is a style of agriculture. It gets a bit complicated in some ways, and has a sort of mystical/spiritual aspect, too. There's plenty of information on this on the w.w.web.

Posted by: cherie ()
Date: October 29, 2006 09:32AM

i used to volunteer at a biodynamic farm smiling smiley but i also don't understand it completely. one of the important aspects is seasonal.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 29, 2006 10:18AM

they use moon phases, seasonal cultivation, etc.. It's a really healthy way to get veggies.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:41PM

I recall reading about a farmer who didn't like the idea of having to use all that animal manure that biodynamic growing (apparently) requires because it meant having to keep animals as "slaves". So, he was led to the use of rock dust, also called rock flour, which he found to be a wonderful fertilizer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables