Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

greenpowder ingredients & options
Posted by: amazi ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:09AM

I've read most posts here regarding superfoods and only until recently have I given them a thought. My health has been compromised recently and it, for the most part, was due to b12 deficiency and the lingering effects from an antibiotic I took last year. So supplements have been on my mind quite alot. Although a healthy vegetarian who juices or blends consistently I haven't relied on supplements.

I've cut my choices to Megafoods or Vitamin code on the one hand if I'd like to take a food based multi-plus supplement that isolates the nutrients. On the other hand there's the food based supplement that doesn't isolate nutrients like Vitamineral Green. I don't know of others that are better or equivalent. When looking through the ingredient list of Vitamineral Green it's hard to get a grasp at what is what and how do all these greens compare with a multivitamin like Megafoods. Enzymes and Probiotics excluded;

* Nettle Leaf * Juices:
o Alfalfa Grass Barley Grass Dandelion Leaf Oat Grass??
American Basil Amla Berry Barley Grass Beet Root Carob Pod
Chickweed Ginger Root Holy Basil/Tulsi Horsetail/Shavegrass
Moringa Leaf Parsley Leaf Shilajit Wheat Grass Yacon Leaf
From the Waters Chlorella * Spirulina?
From the Oceans Alaria* Bladderwrack* Kelp* Dulse* Lavar* Nori

Familiar with how nutrient packed these greens are? Ever here found a comparable less expensive product?

Aside;
I was ready to purchase Vitamineral Green but was recently put off by the fact that the same company sells Elixir. Elixir has Klamath Lake toxic Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) as it's main ingredient. I've reserved my judgements so far but I'm reluctantly still very interested in the vitamineral green.

Please don't respond if you disagree with taking supplements. I understand that some here have that opinion. I don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 03:10AM by amazi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: greenpowder ingredients & options
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 23, 2012 09:43AM

I like Enerfood as my favorite green powder supplement. It is very well formulated, doesn't contain toxic Klamath Lake Algae. It does taste pretty bad due to the seaweed and chlorella/spirulina, but it gives me a significant energy boost. Enerfood Green Superfood

But i wouldn't rely on any of these green powders as a B12 source.

Posted by: amazi ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:02AM

thestorm thanks
I'll take a look at both of those Powders. Amazing Grass looks interesting but it's made with e3 live which also has AFA from Klamath Lake. I don't understand why these companies still use Klamath Lake algae. This makes me question the motives and all the products they sell. There's also more quantity in Vitamineral at 17.8oz.

Powerlifer I'll take a look at Enerfood. I already take a b12 lozenge so I'm safe there. This is just for insurance and energy.

I still have a garden of life Perfect food that I discovered again in my pantry. In the meantime I'll keep researching. thanks for the suggestions.

Date: November 24, 2012 09:33AM

I know its annoying, as one ingredient can ruin an otherwise good product. Alot of companies just stick ingredient after ingredient in there products with little thought as to the chemistry of the foods or herbs.

Ive tried most green powder products on the market and most of the ingredients on there own and would say overall that Enerfood is the best, especially in relation to energy.

But yeah Klamath Lake Algae is anything but the pristine clean algae that its often marketed as. Many studies have shown that Klamath Lake Algae contains liver and nervous system damaging microcystins.

I like just regular Organic Chlorella POwder too. The Enerfood has a really great detoxifying effect which is probably due to the chlorella, spirulina and seaweed content(dulse/kelp) which all chelate heavy metals and other radioactive elements.

Perfect food from garden of life is decent also, but i don't seem to get the energy boost like i do from enerfood.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 09:33AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:59PM

I've been taking soil based organisms as probiotics for almost as long as I've been raw- 1 year 8 months. And my b12 has always been high. I think they make itsmiling smiley Something to look into maybe?

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 08, 2013 02:51PM

Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens is a good quality product, but its not as good as Enerfood green superfood in my opinion.

The Ormus Supergreens however tastes much, much better lol. Nice peppermint flavour and is one of the most palatable green superfood products on the market. But from a health point of view i still feel Enerfood is a superior product and contains a great profile of ingredients such as the algaes(no Klamath lake which is good), seaweeds, herbs, bioflavonoid rich peels and so on.

Enerfood Green Superfood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables