Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New research suggests vegans have lower cancer rates than omnis, pescos.
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:25AM

Here's the skinny. [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]. not many studies statistically showing vegans as opposed to vegetarians have a lower cancer rates. This is one. Jack Norris posted first. I'll be interested if I can find the full version online at some point to get to the whole story. For now, just glad for the added benefit. More good news out of Loma Linda.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 04:27AM by pborst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New research suggests vegans have lower cancer rates than omnis, pescos.
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:27PM

hi

there many links between meat and cancer

[www.cancerproject.org]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:18PM

This was interesting, Paul; thanks for posting. Information like this needs to be more widely disseminated, because there is still resistance to the hypothesis that a plant based diet is cancer preventive. For example: Last week on the Canadian afternoon chat show,"Steven & Chris," the dietician they are featuring this season was on to discuss foods that protect against cancer. I must disclose that I find her dubious, because the few times she has been on, she has really pushed dairy, no matter what the disorder; who doesn't know that dairy isn't a good source of calcium or Vitamin D? Dietician Sue Mah, that's who! Anyway, I watched in disbelief as, on this appearance, she proceeded to claim that according to two new studies, dairy products help protect against . . . colon cancer! I looked up the studies she cited, from the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research(both nonprofit diet oriented research organizations), and found the studies are nonexistent/do not show what she claims they show. Now, how many people in the audience of the show, or watching on TV, are gonna bother corroborating what this woman said? Few. So it's still an uphill battle to convince people of the healthiness of plant-based diets.

I cannot believe that I am writing that in 2012 sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 03:19PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:26PM

I think animals are much sicker than humans, and humans are pretty patheticsad smiley

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables