Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sleep or keep going?
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: December 04, 2012 01:58AM

I have alot going on this week, but I really think yoga or my weight class in the am is helping me to stay focused and move forward. Also, been doing a little better with the raw lifestyle when I stay active.

That being said, I wonder how much sleep I really need... the less I eat or maybe it is the stress of finals, but I seem to want to stay up later and get up earlier. On the other hand, I am a big fan of sleep and resting the brain, so I could catch up on some sleep tomorrow... but I dont think I will be as focused.

Just curious if anyone noticed a difference in sleeping when they eat less or going raw?

Thanks
M

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sleep or keep going?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 04, 2012 06:27AM

If you are not tired, then don't worry about sleep. But if you do feel tired, then by all means, sleep.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 04, 2012 03:02PM

Sleep is THE foundation to good health. I go to bed every night not feeling tired. I do this because I know that if I don't get sleep then, I will soon be doing harm to my health when sleep-deprivation arises and I can't make time to sleep.

However, since you're going through finals, I say do whatever it takes to get through. I used to have multiple 20 plus page papers bearing down on me at this time of year plus stacks of freshman papers to grade. Once that was done, I slept the sleep of a god. Sometimes life gets in the way of health. As long as it's temporary, do what you have to do to jump through this hoop.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: December 04, 2012 04:57PM

Yes, I stayed up to work on my presentation and then I woke up early 5 am to work more on it.

I think just sleeping 7 hours made me feel more focused. The next week will be tough but I know I can get through it! I have to believe in myself. Self-efficacy is the key.

You are a professor?

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: December 04, 2012 08:51PM

My rules for myself is, if I sleep at 10pm, then I will get up as early as my body likes. But it's usually never earlier than 4am. I think the 10pm to 2am period is crucial for health.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 07, 2012 01:48PM

sleep is good food
in the right amount
at the right time
it can do wonders
use it wisely
use it judiciously
use it in the right doses
sleep can be alchemical
in the right state
and when good efforts have taken place
to reach understanding
sleep can fill in the blanks
or deepen your understanding of a subject matter
study and sleep go hand in hand
one refreshes to make way for the other
sleep deepens and takes you to new avenues in understanding what you have studied
its a dance, you see
many people have dreamt things during sleep
things they were trying to solve during their waking stage
they are like two palms of the hands facing each other
crossing fingers
they go hand in hand
study is adventure journey investigation
sleep is a dreamscape
where the subconscious collides with the unconscious
and awareness is subliminally heightened
enjoy in whatever manner your mind body expresses
they befriend each other
are not antagonistic to each other

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables