Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food in the north bay
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: December 12, 2012 06:01AM

HIYA!

I wanna give my parents a dinner at a raw restaurant. I've searched the internet for raw restaurants in the north bay, but everything I can't find anything. I've found that several restaurants have closed, but haven't found anything still open. Ah, no, Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley. But, my parents live in Healdsburg, near Santa Rosa, a couple hours' drive north of SF, and I'd like something closer. But, if the Cafe is the closest thing, then that'll have to be the one. Also, if there is anything north of Santa Rosa, that might work too. There was a Cafe Gratitude in Healdsburg, but they've shut their doors too.

I live in Thailand, so I've just been searching the internet, but it gets real tiring! Thanks much.

Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food in the north bay
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 12, 2012 08:01AM

Try Lydia's in northern Petaluma. 707.792.5300.

1435 N. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA

www.lydiasorganics.com

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:40AM

Thanks a ton Prana.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:42AM

???? Explain, por favor...

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:18PM

yes lydias is all we got currently!!!
what sucks is that cafe gratitude was highly successful but had to close down because of a shitty past employee getting greedy. thus causing literally thousands of people to have less access to healthy food. karma hopefully will burn that person. anyway, lydias is awesome !!!! hit it up!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:22PM

<<This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

???? Explain, por favor...>>

Insert the word "merely" (italicized) in front of compatible and it might make more sense, i would imagine.

"nothing whatsoever should be attached to" because...what exists in life that is truly enduring

health? ( could get hit by a bus minutes from now)
your friends? ( they could get hit by a bus too)

your gf/bf.spouse? ( they could get hit by a bus too or simply decide to take a bus and leave you)

delicious cherry mango papaya and spinach? ( they could get run over by the exhaust that emanates from a bus)

so... if you attach to thesethings believing that they are attachable.. you are in big trouble

the bus always wins

don't attach to them

and the bus has nothing to run over

the bus goes on its merry way

you go on your merry way

vehicle and self is happy

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:24PM

fortune cookie says

"If you can hear the sound of one toe clapping, you probably have tinnitus"

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:16PM

I miss the Cafe Gratitude in Healdsburg. I ran into both RAWLION and Troy Santos there, though on different occasions.

There is still Cafe Gratitude in Santa Cruz and Berkeley. I've been to Santa Cruz store recently, and you can't get the "I am nourished" there. Too bad, that was their best dish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables