Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What ages us most on a Raw Food Diet
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:20PM

The presentation is a bit crude, but his message is Spot-on.
I might add that Quantity is more important than Quality......WY
P.S. I have a new respect for Matt after viewing this video.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2012 02:30PM by WheatgrassYogi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What ages us most on a Raw Food Diet
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 14, 2012 12:52AM

There is a lot of truth to this message that Matt is saying. For the eight years I was doing 80-10-10, whenever I would eat at a raw restaurant, my nose would start running, and if I ate enough of the salty-fatty-spicy foods, I would experience some kind of hangover the next day.

At some point I starting taking the syntropic antioxidant microorganisms Type-4 (SAMT4) to experience their ormus-like effect, and what I found then after eating a gourmet raw meal from a raw restaurant was that I didn't have any, or very little, of the toxic effect, that is no symptoms and no hangover.

So what I think is happening is that when I was eating all SAD, I had the microbes in my gut to handle the various toxic foods, so I could eat toxic foods without the standard detox symptoms. But as my diet got cleaner, those toxin eating microbes probably died off, so then if I ate some heavier raw foods (with salt, fat, spices), even though that foods was way cleaner than any SAD food I ate in the past, I would get detox symptoms. But now that I am using the SAMT4 microbes, these microbes are neutralizing any of the toxins that would be found in a raw gourmet meal, and I don't have any toxic effects. The particular type of microbe in the SAMT4 that eat the toxins are the Purple Non Sulfur Bacteria (PNSB ), which are sometime called phototrophic (obtain energy from light) bacteria, as well as bacillus subtilis. These two types of bacteria are not found in a typical probiotic supplement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2012 12:59AM by Prana.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 14, 2012 09:51AM

What are these so called toxins that are found in a gourmet raw meal Prana ?, fats ?. Its amazing that even raw food is now considered toxic by some raw foodists.

The most aging aspect of a raw food diet, is the raw food diet itself lol. Whilst most raw diets are extremely rich in several anti-aging nutrients such as vitamin C, a raw food diet has the ability to be chronically low in quality protein, fats(especially the omega-3's), cholesterol(pre-cursor to all adrenalcorticol hormones, without these you are dead, levels of cortisol and dhea lower as we age), pre-formed fat soluble nutrients, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Iodine and more, all of which speed up the aging process. The outrageous amount of easily absorb-able Copper which is not balanced with adequate Zinc intake is another factor.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2012 10:05AM by powerlifer.

Date: December 14, 2012 05:16PM

Gourmet raw foods have way more salt than you need. The spices are usually not raw. The nuts are often not really raw, but dehydrated at higher than 115 degrees. The gourmet stuff is healthier than SAD, though they can be fattier than SAD, which is not great.

I don't agree with your assessment about the protein. There may be some individuals whose bodies have adapted to a high protein diet who don't do well with fats or carbohydrates, so they may not fare well on raw. Also similarly there are those whose bodies may need animal products because of some disfunction in their body who will not fare well on raw. Both these conditions can be healed though, as the body is quite adaptable.

The quality of protein on the raw diet is extremely high, it's the quantity that is low in comparison to SAD. There is enough protein to meet amino acid needs, but some people require calories that come from protein. B12 is easily available for those who can't get it from their raw foods or their environment. Likewise, if there are some minerals a person might feel are deficient, they can always supplement if they deem it necessary.

Getting variety is important, and on the raw diet ther can be plenty of variety, but it may require extra work to get it.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 14, 2012 05:30PM

I never said high protein, i emphasized getting enough protein and a lack being the problem. Quality of protein doesn't have to be poor on a raw diet i agree, but with all these high fruit diets the quality often is poor over the whole day.

B12 is easily available where? Not in raw foods anyway, some b12 analogs in algae and such but there is no proof these meet B12 needs.

Again it depends on the recipe but after having poor digestion myself in the past if your body can't handle a small amount of salt, spices or nuts then its really a problem with digestion, rather than the food. Which is likely why the probiotics helped, rather than magically detoxifying toxins from food which aren't actually there.

I still can't get my head around why nuts or seeds are referred to as toxins, purely because they contain fat. This seems orthorexic if im honest, these are healthy wholefoods.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Date: December 14, 2012 06:03PM

powerlifer, the quality of protein in fruits is excellent, however, the quantities don't match eating the high protein foods like soy or animal products.

All B12 comes from bacteria. If there is B12 in the soil where produce is grown, there will be B12 in the food. Granted, with commercial farming, there is likely going to be very little bacteria in the soil. But organic technique, specifically the biodynamic techniques, as well as inoculating the soil with syntropic antioxidant microorganisms (also known commercially as effective microorganisms) will put B12 into the soil.

But in any case, what I said was for those who can't get B12 from their food or their environment, they can easily obtain it. Just buy some sublingual b12 supplementation. Its not very expensive.

Nuts and seeds, in their raw state, are excellent foods, if not overconsumed. However, store bought nuts and seeds are in an unknown state of rawness, even though they may be labeled raw. Exposure to high temperatures (say in excess of 115) will start to form toxins in the food.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 14, 2012 06:43PM

I agree with Bryan and Matt on the gourmet raw food meals. They're loaded with salt, which I try to avoid, and worse. Many use Braggs Aminos, miso, soy sauce and oil. Also they use tons of nuts/seeds in a recipe. The desserts use loads of coconut oil or cocoa butter. Most desserts use Agave, which is also 'bad'. If you're a purist, the food can throw you out of whack. Also, like Matt was discussing in the video, I have a problem with the environmental toxins affecting me now. If there's a chemical smell, I immediately taste it in my mouth. If there's any smoke or car fumes, I get mucus or phlem in my throat. I've had a couple of health problems from incidents of environmental toxins which I wouldn't have had if I wasn't sensitized by the raw food diet. But it's definitely worth it to experience the raw food high and great health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables