Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

does fruit lower your immune system?
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: January 04, 2013 06:02PM

i have read sugar lowers the immune system and some articles will even include fruit into that. so when you have a cold it is best to avoid sugars, including fruit? just doesnt make sense that an otherwise healthy food group would need to be avoided during a time of sickness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does fruit lower your immune system?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 04, 2013 07:10PM

not to me.

i eat lots of fruit. Haven't got anything. I have experienced times when I thought I got something, but those were false alarms. I guess people have to find something to blame.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 05, 2013 05:52PM

Sounds like bullcrap to me

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 05, 2013 06:43PM

Don't quote me on this but at HHI they found that 25% of the people there would not do well on fruit when having cancer? What's that tell ya? I believe it is because of fungal infections wich are super common. I will someday ask Brian Clement about this being a fungal issue but there might not be a specific answer for this. I have not had a cold in some fifteen years but if I remember right fruit did not seem to be the best for me.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 06, 2013 10:07AM

I don't agree generally, a moderate sensible amount of fruit can actually be rather supportive to the immune system, especially as most fruits are good sources of Vitamin C and other immune beneficial phyto-nutrients. The fiber is also supportive of the gut flora which is another important part of the immune system.

On the other hand excessive amounts of sugar does have the potential to suppress the immune system, especially by weakening the adrenal glands which are an important part of the immune system. Someone with gut flora, carbohydrate intolerance and/or metabolic issues should probably avoid large amounts of sugar also.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables