Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I just received an email from Maine Coast Sea Veggies
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 04, 2013 09:59PM

I was on their mailing list. It seems like it's been about a year since I registered! They were out of dulse at the time. So I bought a pound of dulse for $33 including shipping. The bags sell for $6.99 + tax at Whole Foods these days...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just received an email from Maine Coast Sea Veggies
Date: January 04, 2013 10:00PM

I posted this in case someone wanted to buy a larger quantity and it was out of stock when they tried. Get it while it's hot!

Date: January 04, 2013 11:48PM

Just to clarify: the typical bag of Maine Coast dulse is 2 oz. so this is the eqivalent to 8 bags! I am curious if anyone has ever gotten a large bag and how you keep the dulse soft. Sometimes I have found the dulse in the smaller bag rather dry...

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 05, 2013 03:37AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
....I am curious if anyone has ever gotten a large bag and how you keep the dulse soft.

Yes, I have. Dulse stays softer than any other sea vegetable without doing anything special. My Sea Lettuce has long ago dried out, but my Dulse is still soft.
I used to add sea vegetables to my Green Smoothies, but quit doing it for some reason. Gotta get back to it......WY

Date: January 05, 2013 05:34PM

WY, the issue is that when I have bought the smaller bags, I have had that happen occasionally sad smiley Sometimes it is very moist out of the package and sometimes...not so much. I am assuming that either air got into some of the packages prior to purchase or that it is a bit older. And if I buy a pound, I will have it hanging around here for at least 6 months and possibly more.

Just as a side note. For those of you who still eat bread, there is nothing better than a DLT! I toast two slices of sprouted bread (either from Trader Joe's or Alvarado Street Bakery), smear Vegannaise on both slices, cover one slice with dulse, tomato, and lettuce and top with other bread slice!

*Just as a friendly note: Maine Coast says that we should order while we can. So glad I did. I didn't want to wait another year for the opportunity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 05:35PM by banana who.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 05, 2013 06:24PM

Thank you I had not checked my email yet today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables