Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water ionizers
Posted by: Mry_PL ()
Date: January 10, 2013 02:41AM

Hi all,
I am really confused when it comes to what water should we drink.
I have a proper filtration system at home but water ionizers supposedly are the best water systems.
I am looking at water ionizers (kengen water ionizers) as I was watching a few videos on youtube and people recommend it (Lou Corona as an example). There is also comments that kengen water is a myth and not worth investing in...

Can you give me your feedback please if its worth spending 2000$ on a unit like that.
Thanks very much, Peter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water ionizers
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 10, 2013 04:30AM

For me, the water I find the most tasty and easy to drink is fresh spring water. I have a friend who has a spring where I can get water, and in my area there are some public free springs. There is a website called findaspring.com that may show public springs in your area.

The water ionizers do produce water that is high in antioxidants, but they don't necessarily alkalize your body, as the water is very weakly buffered. But the antioxidant effect is useful and helps reduce oxidative damage. You ought to check if these water ionizer take out fluoride from the water, as fluoride is quite toxic.

Posted by: Mry_PL ()
Date: January 10, 2013 04:53AM

Hi Prana,
thanks for your response. I live in Australia and don`t think there is any springs around my area.
The filtration system I have eliminates chlorine from the water so I don`t have a problem with this anymore.
Just wanted to know if changing PH of water to make it more alkaline would be beneficial or no ?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 10, 2013 06:16AM

Changing the pH only in water, no. You could do that by putting some baking soda in your water, but this would not create health. The water ionizers create a healthful effect because they create antioxidants in the water, but on a raw diet, the fresh fruits and produce are loaded with antioxidants, plus you eliminate oxidizing foods from the diet.

Also, if you are eating water rich foods like fresh fruits and salads, you don't get that thirsty, unless you are consuming salty things.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 10, 2013 10:32PM

Mry_PL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to know if changing PH of water to
> make it more alkaline would be beneficial or no ?

Manipulating the PH of water with alkaline bicarbonates and such is not a good idea in my opinion.

One of the main reasons is because it neutralizes the bodies own stomach acid, which is essential for digestion and keeping opportunistic pathogens such as candida in check.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables