Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What does a RAW Foodists Kitchen Consist of???
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: January 15, 2013 12:52AM

What does a RAW Foodists Kitchen Consist of???

What food mainly, but also what appliances?

What say you?

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does a RAW Foodists Kitchen Consist of???
Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 15, 2013 01:20AM

Just a few off the top of my head:

-Vita-Mix blender
-quality knives and cutting board
-juicer
-food processor (this wasn't used as much as the others, maybe once a week)
-something to squeeze lemons with
-I like drinking green smoothies out of Mason jars. Same with when I used to juice. They're also good for growing sprouts. If you do this, you'll need the sprouting lids that fit on Mason jars.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: January 15, 2013 01:30AM

Been doing this for almost ten years. Not always 100% though.

My raw kitchen changes all the time based on the seasons, my whims, the local weather, if I have a girlfriend, and sales. Leafy greens, dates, nuts and melons being my only year round staples.

Right now, no gf, so I'm into keeping it simple. smiling smiley

Today, my counter has about 10 melons, a bowl each of oranges, apples, mangoes, and a few of papayas. I have about 5 lbs of mixed leafy greens in the fridge. I eat about a 1 1/2 pounds a day. I've also got 5 heads of various leafy greens, about 10 lbs of dates, 5 lbs of walnuts, a few celery plants and home grown tomatoes, some maple syrup, and a few herbs.

Currently my only utensil is a knife. I'm not using any appliances except my juicer, but I don't use it as often as I should.

I have a food processor that I use when I'm into more complex recipes. I have a vita mix. I get into periods where I drink a lot of green smoothies for a while, and periods where I don't drink them for months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 01:37AM by swimmer.

Date: January 15, 2013 02:18AM

I use Mason Jars too! The Quart Size.

Swimmer, I assume that you live somewhere warm since you have melons currently. smiling smiley Lovely!

Do you consume any sea veggies?? If so, what and how much(ish) per day?

Thanks!

Mindy

Date: January 15, 2013 03:09AM

I'm in Southern CA. but the melons are from Mexico, and countries further south this time of year.

I use nori sheets to make rolls for finger food, but I don't eat it every day, maybe a pack of ten sheets a month.

When I make green smoothies, I put a serving of a powder called Vitamineral Green in it.

The way I eat changes all the time though. Sometimes I get real into big salads for weeks or months a time, then I completely change things up, and go on a melon fast for a few weeks, then change it up again, and get into green smoothies for a couple of months.

Right now, I'm mostly into a couple of melons in the morning, three or four huge salads that are almost all dark leafy greens with dates and nuts or flaxseed, and snacking on fruit between the salads.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 03:19AM by swimmer.

Date: January 15, 2013 03:35AM

I should point out that I'm not 100% raw right now. In respect for the rules of the forum, I didn't include the small portion of my daily intake that is not raw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 03:35AM by swimmer.

Date: January 15, 2013 07:03PM

Are your melons from Mexico organic?? If not, I'd reconsider if I were you. Don't know if yo live in the U.S., but if you do, we (the U.S) imports produce that is laden with pesticides that are completely illegal for U.S. farmers to use here. Too weird that we even do that, but a warning to you in case you did not know.

Blessings!

Mindy

Date: January 15, 2013 10:15PM

Thanks for the tip. I eat organic when it's practical and affordable. The melons from Mexico are not organic. I think about 50 to 60% of my fruit is organic. All the leafy greens and herbs I eat are organic, either bought or homegrown.

Many pesticides are illegal to use in the U.S. are not allowed because the pesticide runs off the fruit and fields into water our supply, not because of pesticide residue on or in the fruit. So we import the fruit grown using a pesticide since the amount on the fruit is supposedly "allowable".

Sad, twisted logic. I know, but true.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: January 16, 2013 04:42AM

Always loads of greens, carrots, and whatever organic fruit/veg was on sale that week. I usually have avocados around, frozen berries, and usually some cashews, buckwheat, and sunflower seeds. Other ingredients depend on what recipes I feel like making, if something's on sale, etc.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Posted by: johnvattik2 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 06:12AM

A raw kitchen often follows the "knives over forks" motto.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables