Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

shiitake mushrooms
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: October 30, 2006 08:20PM

Any experiences with eating organic mushrooms, shiitakes in particular? I love the taste, and crave them from time to time. I love to eat them with soaked and seasoned wakame.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: shiitake mushrooms
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 30, 2006 10:05PM

I eat mushrooms regularly. Some raw foodists think that raw mushrooms aren't healthy - I forget why. I put them in soups - a couple of hours before I'm going to eat them - so that they marinate and taste liked cooked. I also make a Thanksgiving-like stuffing and stuff button mushrooms and then dehydrate them.

Sometimes I blend mushrooms with salt or miso and water and some olive oil and make a mushroom soup base and then add other veggies and greens and sliced mushrooms. You can use almond milk instead of water for a thick and creamy soup. You can also reduce the amount of water or almond milk and make it thicker - more like a mushroom gravy.

At Thanksgiving I will probably make a stuffing type of pate and dehydrate it into patties and then top it with mushroom gravy. (I say probably because my meals have been getting lighter and simpler lately and now I'm finding that I don't feel so great after eating the HEAVIER, but very same things that I would have eaten a year ago. You know those people who just keep saying over and over to just eat at the level that YOU are comfortable with and that you can improve over time? Well, they KNOW WHUT THER'RE TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!!!

Life is Good!

alive!

Re: shiitake mushrooms
Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: October 31, 2006 08:22PM

Now I am craving marinated mushrooms...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables