Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mri contrast & kidney function
Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: January 25, 2013 10:39PM

i've been reading up on the mri contrast gadolinium. it's supposed to be safe for people without renal problems because the substance gets eliminated by the kidneys before it can do any real harm to the body. agree? disagree?

so i'm wondering if there's any way to super charge the kidney's to help them detox immediately after an mri with contrast? any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mri contrast & kidney function
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 26, 2013 03:11PM

raw_curious,

The best way to get any medical dye out of your system is to drink lots of water and move around vigorously. Let the kidneys and lymph glands do their job. The contrasts aren't designed to linger, anyway.

Date: January 26, 2013 04:30PM

Thanks for the advise Tam. Simple & easy to execute. smiling smiley

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 27, 2013 03:14AM

Want to strengthen the kidneys, then improve the adrenals: get rest, relax, avoid stimulants, try taking adrenal herbs.

The adrenals control the kidneys nurologically, the stronger the adrenals are, the better kidney function

Date: January 27, 2013 04:51AM

Workout man, what do you mean by adrenal herbs? Do you mean a certain type of supplement or simply eating more of specific fresh cullinary herbs. Thanks for the input. I hadnt made the connection between the adrenals & kidneys, but it makes sense.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 27, 2013 02:30PM

I meant theraputic herbs. Adaptogens such as ginseng, astragalus, maca, etc.. Also, Parsley is a culinary herb thats good for the kidneys and adrenals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables