Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

PUFA
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 04, 2013 02:59AM

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if broccoli has PUFA, a friend of mine has been trying to convince me that broccoli and kale are not good for my thyroid...due to PUFA?

I was not eating as many veggies in the last week and wow.. did I feel a difference I reallyyyyy missed my lettuce, peppers, broccoli and kale.

any thoughts/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PUFA
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 04, 2013 06:44AM

It has more to do with the goitrogens. Search google for goitrogens thyroid.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 05, 2013 08:43PM

generally, if you intake of iodine is adequate, you do not need to worry about the goitrogens as long as you don't go crazy with broccoli intake. For adequate iodine intake, look for dulse flakes in the sea vegetable section of your local health food store. Dulse is a safe Atlantic sea vegetable that when taken in modest amounts in flake form can help protect your thyroid. Best.

Paul

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 07, 2013 01:55PM

Thanks for the information. How much broccoli should I regulate? I was eating a bunch everyday, I mean alot. Now, I am cutting back but still concerned about eating it everyday. What about kale?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables