Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CHRONIC COLD SORES!! HELP!
Posted by: Biz1One ()
Date: February 06, 2013 09:03PM

Hi, I joined to hopefully find some answers.

About 6 months ago I started juicing and naturally went into a mostly raw diet soon after... Three-four months down the road I had some sleepless nights combined with drinks, and boom!-COLD SORES. I've had some bad outbreaks in the past even around my chin, but they always went away. This is by far the longest. I am now going on 3 months with chronic cold sores on my upper lip, and around edges of my mouth. They aren't huge but its a constant reminder with the itching/tingling. I got anti-virals from my doctor and was taking up to 4 a day, but no relief. Then I started modifying my diet. I eliminated all nuts, added daily avocados and sprouts and started paying attention to the arginine content. I have added L-Lysine supplements, B-complex, Zinc, B-12, a pro-biotic(to control yeast) and finally a multivitamin. I even added fish and yogurt in hopes it would improve my condition. sad smiley I have since dropped fish&yogurt and am now trying to focus on sleep and stress levels. The anti-viral (valtrax) is too expensive to keep going, and never really helped. Where am I going wrong? Is this how long a detox lasts?? I feel a little hopeless, but trying to be patient and have faith I am investing in my future health.

Thank You in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CHRONIC COLD SORES!! HELP!
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 06, 2013 09:40PM

'anti-viral' medicine (like valtrax?) can only treat the symptoms. Virus 'live' inside the cells and only your inmune system can kill them (like when getting a cold).

A way to imprve the inmune system (and kill a virus) is by diet and improving the lymphatic system. The vit C and Zinc supp are good. To improve the lymphatic system is more laborious than just eating something.

Low fat diet (to make the lymph less dense).
lot of sleep (9 hours)
some exercise to move the lymph
plenty of water
no stress

Date: February 06, 2013 09:46PM

Thank You!... Definitely need more sleep..

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 07, 2013 02:06AM

Biz1One, usually herpes form because of stress. Stress causes you to lose energy, or you become enervated, and then the body becomes toxic. The body's response to this toxicity is to create symptoms, including herpes sores, which allow the toxins to leave the body. Simply getting more rest and sleep and removing the causes of distress or stress in your life ought to get you back in balance, as well as eating simply and having a diet that is easy to digest while you have symptoms. Water fasting helps, but such an extreme measure may not be necessary if you get the rest, remove the cause of stress, and eat cleanly.

A good book to read about the disease process, starting with enervation, is Toxemia Explained, available for free either online or in PDF format or in EPUB format or MOBI format for Kindle.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 07, 2013 04:13PM

I agree with Prana. Also herpes tends to develop more in highly acidic cases.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 07, 2013 04:16PM

In that case, this is the diet for Biz1 --

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: February 07, 2013 08:28PM

Thanks guys. I'll work on the rest and de-stress.

I eat pretty high alkaline, though I eat at least 3 fruits a day.

I'll read up on Dr.Young.

thx

-B

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: February 08, 2013 04:14AM

Maybe you should consider doing a 30 Day Juice Feast to re-set your body?? I am not an expert at all but saw a great film called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" was an inspiring documentary that is all about it.

Mindy

Posted by: danceraw ()
Date: February 11, 2013 01:19AM

Thank you for the link to Toximia Explained.Very interesting reading indeed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables