Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

acne
Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: November 05, 2006 02:25AM

I remember reading a post about someone's mother telling them that the way to clear acne was to keep one's skin clean. This person subsequently wrote a book about what to eat to clear acne. Anybody know the title?

Thanks.

Peace and Love...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: acne
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 05:07AM

my ex boyfriend had really bad acne when we first started dating. we started our raw voyage together. my boyfriend's skin cleared up. it was incredible. i've known him for years, and he had bad acne since puberty. then after we went raw it just vanished. we were vegan before we went raw. our diet has changed a bit since starting raw. differences with moods and the seasons. One food that is always a staple of our diet is hemp. hemp seed/oil/butter (especially the butter). some people thing oil=acne. this may be true, and he was eating hemp before his face cleared. he wasn't eating as much though. maybe it's the omega 3's or maybe it's just the 100% raw diet. I don't know. alls i know is that his acne used to be really bad, and now it's not.

i find that when i eat lots of tomatos i tend to break out. when i eat more greens my face seems to clear up. i never really have bad acne though. oh yeah, and when i eat a lot of nuts (not nut butters, just plain nuts) i break out.

someone once told me that if one eats lots of cleansing foods like citris fruits, tomatos, ect you break out because the body is detoxing.

good luck.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: November 05, 2006 10:25PM

I've always had zits - upon going raw it was AWFUL!!
I put up with it thinking it was detox...a few years later it was getting WORSE!!!
Maybe because of the weekly cooked binge...

I've been 100% for 3 months now...it got worse!!
SO
I caved and bought Proactive. My skin is not perfect BUT much better!

Ya proactive is bad...parabens and all - but the trade off for me was acne like I've never had at the age of 38. Or some chemicals ...

Maybe I'm vain,,,,,BUT I HATED seeind CM round circles of SCABS on my face!

Try poractive - it works - give it 6 weeks!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: November 06, 2006 02:17PM

Balnace your alkaline and acid foods. You need a balanced pH otherwise a person will get skin problems. Believe me, I know.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: November 06, 2006 04:34PM

rawrnr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've always had zits - upon going raw it was
> AWFUL!!
> I put up with it thinking it was detox...a few
> years later it was getting WORSE!!!
> Maybe because of the weekly cooked binge...
>
> I've been 100% for 3 months now...it got worse!!
> SO
> I caved and bought Proactive. My skin is not
> perfect BUT much better!
>
> Ya proactive is bad...parabens and all - but the
> trade off for me was acne like I've never had at
> the age of 38. Or some chemicals ...
>
> Maybe I'm vain,,,,,BUT I HATED seeind CM round
> circles of SCABS on my face!
>
> Try poractive - it works - give it 6 weeks!

I don't think Proactive is the answer. Zits are no great mystery. Once you clean up the inside, the outside cleans up as well. Skin is the largest elimination organ in the body - eliminator of toxins. Once all the toxins are out, your skin will clear up.

I never really had zits - say, one per month. Interestingly, a few months into the raw diet I actually got 4 or 5 zits all at once - it was definitely detox, because after that I haven't even gotten the usual one per month.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables