Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just a little product review for a nifty Thermos I bought recently smiling smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 10, 2013 09:49PM

[www.amazon.com]

I don't know about you, but I have had quite a history of buying travel mugs and various Thermi (Thermoses didn't quite seem kosherwinking smiley). But there was always some sort of issue with it: leaking, hard to drink from, hard to clean, didn't retain heat...

This one has been the best Thermos I have used. If you still drink hot beverages (which is VERY tempting when the temp dips under 32, believe me!), then this is a great one. It even has a tea hook so if you want to brew some bags, you can hang it up and let it seep while you're on the road.

I realize that the type of Thermos with a built-in cup are typically very good, but I always found them a bit awkward to carry around and drink out of. This is streamlined but at the same time has a wider mouth so you can clean the top part much better. Those very narrow ones are difficult to clean.

Best part is that it keeps hot drinks HOT! I followed recommendations the first time and poured boiling water to "prep" the Thermos. That made it retain heat the best but even just skipping this step will still give you hot liquids. I imagine that icy smoothies would stay cold for a long time, especially if you prepped it in the freezer first.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just a little product review for a nifty Thermos I bought recently smiling smiley
Date: February 10, 2013 09:52PM

D'oh! I just was browsing on Amazon and saw that they had other colors! I would have gotten this one instead! [www.amazon.com]

Re: Just a little product review for a nifty Thermos I bought recently smiling smiley
Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: February 18, 2013 08:50PM

BW - if you're ever in the market for another thermos you might look at kleen kanteen brand. I got one for my hubby & he loves it. Keeps tea hot for 6+ hours and he says it doesn't leak at all. No metallic taste either.

Date: February 18, 2013 11:22PM

Well, I am happy with what I have. I think I looked into that brand and didn't like the design. But thanks for the tip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables