Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any tips for a new raw vegan in college?
Posted by: nectarine ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:51PM

I'm a 20 year old female who wants to start transitioning from a vegan to a low fat raw vegan diet. Does anyone have any valuable tips or advice on eating raw in college?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any tips for a new raw vegan in college?
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: February 11, 2013 11:09AM

Yeah - Don't hang out with pizza eating & beer drinking friends. They will sabotage your efforts right from the start.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 11, 2013 01:35PM

Find a produce market and talk to them about getting discount rates for bulk fruits. smiling smiley Eat plenty of greens!

Posted by: NGU ()
Date: February 13, 2013 08:36AM

Stick with a healthy moderate fat intake vegan diet until you finish college.
Though the raw vegan diet can bring good health you could easily spend the next five years going back and forth from raw to cooked food and never making progress, all the while getting more and more frustrated which will impact your schoolwork severely. You also have to have a lot of money to be on this diet.
Raw fooders are among the most insecure and dishonest people out there.They tell you the nice, fluffy part of the raw diet while sweeping the dark side of things under the rug.
People might think when reading the things I write that I am against the raw diet. On the contrary. I am a raw foodist with several years of experience. The difference is- I am not hypocritical.
I hate to write long posts and I haven't begun touching on the dark side of raw.
The results can be great but if you start to struggle, which most people do, all aspects of your life will suffer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 13, 2013 10:00AM

raw food is not about selecting a diet. It is about changing your body by detox, lifestyle, possibly changing friends, etc. It is a whole life change that it is more than eating healthy and chosing food. It takes time and there are bumps. While in collage, you may experience conflicting opinions from other people. It could be done if you are more of an indenpendent thinker.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2013 01:09PM

Hi, and welcome!

I'd suggest just focusing on adding as many common raw products that are easily available and economical for a college student--like salad ingredients and seasonal fruits--to your diet gradually as you can. You probably have limited storage if you're in a dorm, or living in a rental with housemates, so sprouting seeds for greens, which can be done in a small space, is a really good suggestion. Get lots of sleep, clean water, and adequate exercise. Set realistic goals, doing the best you can with the lifestyle parameters you now have. Remember: More raw is better than less, so every change in the direction of raw helps. Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 01:10PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 13, 2013 05:49PM

Personally, I think raw simple and cheaper, but that is just me. I am probably not eating as much as I "should" while in college, however, I think eating is overrated in generalsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables