Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cultured veggies
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 10:08AM

what do you people think about cultured veggies like sourcrout and kim chi? =) A lady at whole foods recommended it to me, and i was always curious, and then i started buying it. i eat the raw salt free kind from rejuvenative foods. mmmm... it's so yummie. i eat it with all veggies, i add it to pates, i eat it with carrots with nut butter... ooh delicious.

somene told me you will live until you are 200 if you eat it. i read the oldest documented person's life was like 122 though, so i don't think he was really being serious. =)

anyone culture their own veggies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cultured veggies
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: November 05, 2006 05:24PM

I love the taste, but I am suspicious of its healthfulness. I have decided not to eat them any more until I learn more about them.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 05, 2006 05:53PM

Kimchi contains glycoproteins that prevent mutations in DNA.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Other fermented foods can be similarly protective.

Koreans eat a lot of kimchi and they historically had very low rates of hormonal cancers compared to other Asian countries. But they also had lower fat intakes.

I used the past tense because their diet is more garbagized now and they have
lost their anti-cancer edge.

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: November 06, 2006 08:46AM

I'm concerned about their acid content.. and whether they contribute to toxicity. Also, I've heard that they have negative effects with the digestive tract: that they impide the digestive process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables