Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

nut butters
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 10:21AM

what do you people think of nut butter?

do you make your own?

do you think it's less fresh if it comes in a jar?

rejuvenative food makes nut butters that say "raw" but then they say they are low temp ground and the temp is somewhere inbetween like 112 and 117.

living tree community foods says on their nut butter it is not grounded, but "sliced over two days."

do you eat hemp butter? what brand of hemp butter do you people get?

i used to get the rejuvenative foods hemp butter ("hempini"winking smiley. I think it is a lot fluffier and more creamy then manitoba harvest. then i read that whole 117 degrees thing on their website, and now i am sticking to manitoba harvest i think. I've heard the omega 3 fatty acids denature if they are exposed to heat. something about the bent molecule bending the other way and conjealing to your arteries? not sure about that. It's too bad though because I liked the fact that rejuvenative foods use sprouted organic almonds in their almond butter. it seems that the living tree community foods almond butter from regular organic almonds is more oily then the rejuvenative foods one, and the manitoba harvest hemp butter is waaay more oily then the rejuvenative foods butter. Rejuvenative foods seems to be a little more expensive, too.

Living tree community foods is cool because there is a pretty girl's face on the cover of all their butters. they're never like paris hilton or hillary duff. they're just beautiful natural looking healthy normal weight ladies. I guess i "shouldn't judge a book by it's cover," but I do often when it comes to buying a food, cd, movie, game, ect. =) I always check out the box art.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nut butters
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 05, 2006 01:22PM

I do not eat nut butters anymore..very heavy. I guess it is best to make your own in a champion or greenstar

Re: nut butters
Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 07, 2006 01:34AM

Best to limit your consumption of nuts to no more than 2 handfuls a day.. eating it in the form of nut butter is beter than eating nuts, since there is more surface area and can be digested easier.

Best to minimize nuts as they are "heavy" and calorically dense.

I like to eat my daily nut allowance by blending them in a blender (ie: orange juice and macadamia nuts) which would be my salad dressing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables