Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yeast infection
Posted by: rlt ()
Date: November 05, 2006 07:37PM

Hey there,

I need some expertise. My wife has a vaginal yeast infection and wants to know if any rawfooders have some advice for her. That's cool since she only marginally accepts my rawfoodsim.

Thanks.

rlt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yeast infection
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: November 06, 2006 03:32PM

I had one & that's kind of how I started the raw diet - I knew there was a yeast-cancer connection and that scared me so I picked up the Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Dr. Gabriel Cousens and his whole book basically is on yeast. I also took a supplement called "yeast cleanse" that I got in a health food store, it wasn't in the book or anything but I thought, well why not.

I'm happy to say that I haven't thought about yeast in a long time, I just do a regular raw food diet now. Couldn't be happier!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:45AM

LOL, yeast infection! I cannot rememeber when I last had one, but I know that when there is dirt inside the body cleans it out. Or that could be dirt from stuff the body is trying to detoxify like prescription pills or bad junk food maybe.It's nature's housecleaner..drink water

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: November 09, 2006 03:34AM

i've heard that putting some apple cider vinegar in a bath is beneficial but i haven't ever tried it.

Posted by: lisa_pe ()
Date: November 09, 2006 01:10PM

You can wrap a clove of garlic in some gause(sp?) and insert it vaginally. I have heard that bathing in apple cider vinegar can help as well. She should stay away from yeasty and sugary foods. Before I was raw I would also take acidophilous as well. I really haven't had one in years.
Good Luck,
lisa

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 09, 2006 11:26PM

@#$%& with yogurt

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: November 11, 2006 11:04PM

cut out processed oj.
the mold on oranges is candida albicans. and can irritate yeast imbalances.

sugar, wheat and other processed foods encourage it.

i've never had one vaginally, but baby had thrush, and husband had it intestinally. these things helped a lot.

i've heard eat and @#$%& with yogurt. and the vinegar stuff.
hope these help.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 13, 2007 08:15AM

This post is kind of old, but I thought I'd bring it back up just to mention that calendula gel - the kind you can get at the health food store - is a fantastic remedy for vaginal yeast infection. Apply it liberally to the affected area, and it should stop the itching right away and kill the yeast infection within a few days at most.

Calendula is a flower and a traditional healing herb.

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 13, 2007 09:44PM

No fruits, sugar period, until it clears up. That means no root veggies either.

Also, GARLIC, GARLIC, GARLIC, GARLIC. Raw fresh garlic. Ingested. @#$%& with ONLY raw,organic NON-pasturized yogurt, and eat the same. If you cannot do dairy products move to douching with organic apple cider vinegar.

The connection between candida and cancer is accurate. Cancer thrives through a fermentation process same as yeast. Would beef up on all raw leafy greens, C-veggies like broc, cauli, BS and cabbage ASAP.

Read GC's "Rainbow Diet" as well.

Blissed be,

Annie
BodyByBliss.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 14, 2007 12:10AM

The yeast grows in the vagina when the vagina is shedding yeast food. This yeast food might be sugar that has not been moved out of the bloodstream, or it may be dead and dying cells. Putting an antibiotic agent or an antibacterial agent may kill the yeast or bacteria that are there now, but as long as the yeast food is being eliminated out of the vagina, re-infection is totally unpreventable. Just the slightest exposure to yeast (which is in the air and other parts of the body) will start the cycle all over again.

Better is to improve health and diet. It need not be a raw diet, a whole foods low fat cooked vegan diet (ala Dr McDougall) with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables would do the trick. In addition, lots of rest and sleep, exercise, reduce stress, getting more fresh air/sunshine, mental and emotional balance, etc.

If you don't remove the things in the vagina that feed yeast, the treatments are only going to offer temporary relief.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables