Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a tanked immune system advice please...
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: February 28, 2013 05:49PM

Hello all... went to a natural doc yesterday who reads eyes, nails and ears... he told me my organs are not getting any oxygen, therefor they are all struggling for survival with special notice to my heart, lungs liver kidney's pancreas ... he said the root cause is because of my Immune system which is not working... he wants to put me on a rather expensive protocol of herbs... but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the immune system since that seems to be the underlying cause of all the issues...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a tanked immune system advice please...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 28, 2013 06:41PM

What sorts of foods are you eating now? How much exercise do you get? Are you on meds?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 28, 2013 07:12PM

Sorry to hear that.

To improve the immune system, I would add Zinc to the diet or take a Zinc supplement.

To increase 'life' or oxigen, look into CoQ10 (coenzyme q10). It improves mitochondria efficiency. Your body makes coQ10 but it may need a recharge.

Date: February 28, 2013 09:03PM

Another question I have is what is your lifestyle like? Do you smoke?

Date: March 01, 2013 01:26AM

I eat 85 % raw foods... veggies... no fruit.. no sugar... though i have added just recently black cherry juice to help the kidneys... low fat... though i use a small amount of EVOO on my salads and nutritional yeast... I run 5 days a week... no smoke... no drugs... wine maybe once a year when my uncle the wine guy visits but that's it...

Love laugh and dream

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 01, 2013 01:47AM

You sound like you are doing a lot of the right things. How do you feel? Do you have any physical symptoms?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 01, 2013 04:02AM

luvyuu,

Yes: How are you feeling? Do you feel that your organs are starving of oxygen? What does this mean, even? How could you run 5 days a week if this is so? I find TCM confounding, I admit, but I would get a second opinion from someone that doesn't have expensive herbal protocols to sell you.

Not to be cynical sounding, but . . .

Date: March 01, 2013 01:53PM

I forgot to add iron! vit C in fruits hepls iron abosrbtion. Oxalates prevent iron absorbtion.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 01, 2013 07:54PM

This is the post that has made me come back to the forum. Im all for natural health and evidence based naturopathy but i will echo tamuka's post.

How is this herbalist or naturopath diagnosing this "starvation of oxygen" ?. It is rogue practitioners like this, that give evidence based alternative practitioners a bad rep unfortunately.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Date: March 01, 2013 08:39PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I eat 85 % raw foods... veggies... no fruit.. no
> sugar... though i have added just recently black
> cherry juice to help the kidneys... low fat...
> though i use a small amount of EVOO on my salads
> and nutritional yeast... I run 5 days a week...
> no smoke... no drugs... wine maybe once a year
> when my uncle the wine guy visits but that's it...
>

Wow, you're very healthy! Search me...No clue...Only thing I could imagine is that you might have a hidden allergy that is affecting your immune system? New WIFI up?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 01, 2013 09:28PM

I forgot to say anyone with oxygen starvation or mitochondrial dysfunction certainly aren't running cardiovascular activity 5 days a week in my opinion.

Pick your naturopaths wisely and always someone who offers scientifically accredited lab tests.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 09:31PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 02, 2013 10:13AM

this is the first thing wikipedia says about coq10

[en.wikipedia.org]

"This oil-soluble, vitamin-like substance is present in most eukaryotic cells, primarily in the mitochondria. It is a component of the electron transport chain and participates in aerobic cellular respiration, generating energy in the form of ATP. Ninety-five percent of the human body’s energy is generated this way.[1][2] Therefore, those organs with the highest energy requirements—such as the heart, liver and kidney—have the highest CoQ10"

it 'may' be related to your problems

good luck

Date: March 05, 2013 03:57AM

The Man did eye readings... nail bed readings and ear readings... I don't know exactly how he diagnosis... but i didn't tell him a thing about me and he nailed the things i already knew about... so i have some reason to believe he knows what he is talking about... yeas i do feel often that i am sufficating... and not just in the breathing... I'm not absorbing nutrients well or digesting things well... i'm exhausted most days and ... i started taking some chlorella and Cell Food which is supposed to help with oxygen and nutrient uptake... any other ideas...i will look into coq10...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 05, 2013 06:37AM

How long have you been mostly raw??

Have you ever done serious cleansing? Just curious.

Hope you get better soon!!!

Mindy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables