Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit and Nut diet
Posted by: fruitynut ()
Date: March 08, 2013 04:25AM

Hi All!

I am living in Yunnan China and I am making a transition to a fruit and nut diet. Fresh tropical fruits are plentiful and cheap here. Nuts more expensive but that's OK.

I am wondering how many others out there are doing this diet?

I am also wondering how many grams of nuts I need to eat per day in addition to all the fruit?

I am 73 kilograms (1.85 meters tall)... I run between 8 and 12 kilometers per day, so I definitely need protein.

Any suggested supplements for this diet.

Supplements I am taking now:

Flax oil
L-Arginine
L-Glutamate
Magnesium

Thanks in advance for any advice or sharing!

- Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit and Nut diet
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 08, 2013 04:52AM

Scott,

Have you considered adding in leafy greens, things like lettuce, celery, spinach, etc, that are easy to eat raw and offer a lot of minerals? If you can eat a pound of greens a day, your need to supplement might shrink down to zero.

Also don't forget the non-sweet fruits like tomatoes, red bell peppers, cucumbers, etc.

If you eat enough fruits and vegetables to meet your caloric or energy needs, you will have eaten enough protein to meet your amino acid needs.

Also, better than flax oil or flax seeds are chia seeds.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 08, 2013 08:39AM

Prana, how do you "take" you Chia seeds and how much do your recommend daily??

Thanks

Mindy

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 09, 2013 12:39AM

I agree with prana. First of all, even sweet fruits have protein. SEcondly, you need leafy greens and they provide more nutrition than nuts/seeds. 1-2 oz. of nuts/seeds per day is good. smiling smiley

I have been on this high-fruit lifestyle for years with being an athlete (above average, including lifting) and doing great still. I eat my greens, fyi, and enough calories daily.

Posted by: fruitynut ()
Date: March 10, 2013 03:20AM

@Prana - I will see if I can locate Chia seeds here. If I can't I'll bring some form the US and grow them here. They will grow well in Yunnan. I will eat peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes... those are fruits in my mind, not to mention my dog loves them too.

@TheStOrm - I am curious why sprouting seeds and nuts is needed. Is it because digesting them will be harder on a mostly fruit based diet? I have noticed my stomach hurting a bit... It might be because I am de-toxing, but it also might be the sun-dried nuts and fruit are not digesting well together. Thanks for the advice on Gabriel Cousens and Hippocrates Institute. Will check it out.

Overall feeling well. Did 8 kilometers today with the dog... Woke up earlier than usual.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables