Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gut pain Owww...
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 10, 2013 09:17PM

Hi guys,

Not sure what is going on but am curious if gut pain can be part of detox or not? If not, then I'm wondering why I am having it.

Started off this morning feeling an ever so slight bit of indigestion. All I've ingested today so far is for breakfast 4 large oranges (the 4th one I kind of forced down as I wasn't all that hungry for it, but it was peeled).

Little later made a fresh juice with a lg amt of swiss chard, lg amt of italian parsley, beet and it's greens, carrots, apple, lemon, and celery.

Is there something in that mix that shouldn't be??

Not feeling good today so fell asleep on sofa and woke up to this pain.

Tired of not feeling good and not feeling more benefits yet.

Mindy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 09:24PM by mindy66.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gut pain Owww...
Date: March 10, 2013 09:33PM

Just remembered something I'd totally forgotten. Right before I had my juice, I had 1 or 2T of kefir.

Mindy

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 10, 2013 11:13PM

Overeating, possibly? IMO, you must never, ever force yourself to eat when you aren't hungry. I hope you feel better, soon.

Date: March 11, 2013 12:33AM

Pain didn't happen though until later in the day, sooo, dunno???

I hadn't wanted to eat much, but went ahead and at a salad about an hour or more ago. I was afraid it'd make me worse, but gave it a shot anyhow. I actually feel much better. Not sure why, really, but most of the pain is gone now. Weird!

The pain was on my right side. I'd guess it was in the descending colon area.

Mindy

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 11, 2013 05:40AM

I'll bet it was the combination of first eating the oranges, and then eating some apple before the oranges were completely digested. If you did the same exact foods, except omit the apple, you probably wouldn't have the pain. What about using some orange juice to sweeten your juice rather than apple?

Date: March 11, 2013 06:57AM

Prana,

Good idea.

How long would you say that I should wait to have my juice after having eaten oranges?

Thanks

Mindy

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 11, 2013 07:08AM

I don't know. When you stomach is empty, but that could be a variable amount of time. One tine, I ate 3 oranges, followed shortly by three apples, and I had the worst belly ache ever. I was on the floor lying on my side because the pain was so intense. Never again did I eat apples like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables