Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

nut allergies...suggestions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 06, 2006 03:27PM

I have been investigating raw foods and am getting ready to start experimenting. I have a food allergy to tree nuts such as almonds, pecans and the like. However, I am able to eat other nuts such as cashews, peanuts, pistachios and can tolerate a litte bit of walnuts, although I am not certain I would push to many walnuts on myself.

My question is this...so many recipes call for almonds and pecans especially substitute creams, milk, sauces, etc. Can I just use cashews to replace the almonds or are than any other replacements anyone can suggest?

Thanks for any replies!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nut allergies...suggestions
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: November 06, 2006 05:54PM

Yes, but the vast majority of cashews are not raw, despite what they say. Peanuts may not be a wise choice, either, but for other reasons. (Do a search, I don't have all the info.)

Re: nut allergies...suggestions
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 06, 2006 08:39PM

Natures First Law sells some peanuts that supposedly don't have any aflatoxins and can be eaten raw - pricey, but raw. They taste great!

Can you tolerate seeds? You can make milk from sesame seeds. Pumpkin seeds are pretty versatile. You can buy raw cashews from Natural Zing, Eat Raw, NFL and a host of other web sites - also raw cashew butter. You might try using tahini in some recipes and just reduce the liquids. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables