Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why do leaders become ex-vegans?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 24, 2013 07:42PM

[www.40belowfruity.com]

I don't know the person she is discussing, however in my opinion it's human nature to change. And when people make their identities based upon what they do or don't do, it's hard to suddenly show up with a new personna. This is why I think it's better to do what feels good to you but not necessarily be this "guru" or such (preaching to other people) because it's a double-edged sword: it may give you an identity, create a source of income, but then you're kind of hamstrung into maintaining it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2013 07:52PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do leaders become ex-vegans?
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 25, 2013 04:44AM

I often wish we had the ability to click on a thumbs up or down as you can on YouTube.

I'd give this a thumbs up. smiling smiley

Mindy

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 25, 2013 10:05AM

Thumbs up from me too.
smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 25, 2013 01:43PM

Watched the video and think her assessment is fair: if you are an ethical vegan and eating correctly, you don't suddenly start eating steaks. There has been a great deal of controversy over Kristen Suzanne--a high[high-fat]raw vegan bodybuilder/chef--because of her rationalizing. It appears that her vegan diet was not healthy and she truly gave herself and her toddler deficiencies that were corrected by resuming animal foods. The controversy lies in the age-old question: Do you need to get nutrients that you are missing from animal foods, or can you get them from an abundant vegan diet? This is something that needs to be continuously discussed because, though I'm sure she doesn't intend to, Suzanne is delegitimizing veganism and even vegetarianism--Suzanne didn't go veg from vegan, but more like Paleo, which is the polar opposite--with her switch and the arguments she is making for it on her blog, etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 01:45PM by Tamukha.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables