Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tavis Bradley: 20 Year Raw Vegan
Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 24, 2013 07:50PM

I find this guy to be interesting. He claims to have vowed to keep his raw veganism on the down low for 20 years before coming out publicly. He says that he wants to approach the world with knowing instead of believing. Very wise. He's also concluded that he needs fats and tonic herbs in his diet. A lot of people might find his demeanor to be boring. I find it to be refreshing. He seems sort of bewildered and definitely not slick at all. It will be interesting to see what he has to offer.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tavis Bradley: 20 Year Raw Vegan
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 25, 2013 01:26PM

There's something about his demeanor that's . . . reluctant? The Life Regenerator's interview with him is interesting, just the energy between them. I'll check out Tavis's channel. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 13, 2013 11:51AM

his diet:

[www.youtube.com]

My opinion:

peh! that will clog you up. I do semi fat days (20-30%) but then I have to stop fat for a couple days because I can measure that during exercise. I know that that diet would send me to the hospital if I were to do cardio. Don't know the long term effects but it sounds like a Raw Atkins on steroids. My advice is to follow your body but keep a way to measure and tell when you are in the good path.

other vids:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 13, 2013 07:01PM

Why would that clog you up? Maybe if you're system is only used to eating fruit, but there's no reason why someone who's accustomed to that wouldn't easily digest it. There is something to be said for strength of digestion. Looks delicious to me.

Date: April 13, 2013 07:58PM

I mean to clog the arteries, interstial fluid, intracellular fluid, and lymphatic fluid (all). The GI track is going to be very well lubricated and constipation would be very rare. That means no cardio because the fat is everywhere blocking O2 delivery And CO2 removal. The mitocondria performance shuts down, which in turn worsens its future dna. Some parts need good circulation to saty healthy. Ketones based energy. I would really like to stay cool but this sends me lots of red flags and alarms, sorry. It is a one person food fad based on romanticism.

won't say more ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 08:07PM by Panchito.

Date: April 13, 2013 11:41PM

Don't be sorry. I love hearing other people's perspectives. Thank you. I'm just sorry that I don't have the knowledge to engage you in a debate.

No cardio? That seems a bit hyperbolic to me. Can you explain what you mean by no cardio?

Date: April 14, 2013 12:20AM

No cardio = No running, swimming, etc. (high demands of CO2 removal). People choke on too much CO2 (not low levels of O2). So when you hold your breath, the danger is on the CO2 accumulation. Same thing happens when running.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 14, 2013 02:36AM

I can't believe how much oil he eats in a day - a cup in the morning and 1/3 cup with his salad, not to mention the avacados! If I eat a teaspoon of oil, I get a bad headache, plus oils make me extremely tired, so I just learned from him that I may have a liver issue. I wonder how old he is. He does look shiny from all that oil smiling smiley

Brian Clement doesn't believe in eating any oil at all - he said as soon as you eat it, it turns rancid.

Date: April 14, 2013 03:07AM

KidRaw,

He does look shiny from all that oil smiling smiley

LOL!

Date: April 14, 2013 11:07AM

He's been raw for 20 years so I'd assume that he's 35-40 at least.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe how much oil he eats in a day - a
> cup in the morning and 1/3 cup with his salad, not
> to mention the avacados! If I eat a teaspoon of
> oil, I get a bad headache, plus oils make me
> extremely tired, so I just learned from him that I
> may have a liver issue. I wonder how old he is. He
> does look shiny from all that oil smiling smiley
>
> Brian Clement doesn't believe in eating any oil at
> all - he said as soon as you eat it, it turns
> rancid.

Date: April 14, 2013 12:04PM

Too many people shun balance for extremes in diet. This leads to them going from one extreme to another. They eat super low-fat for years and then have to compensate by binging on high-fat and vice-versa.

Date: April 14, 2013 12:36PM

At least his face isn't caked in make-up and his hair color straight out of a bottle. What's with these older, female raw "gurus" who do that? They don't look young, they look unnatural and desperate. There's also the obvious use of botox and plastic surgery. Do people actually believe that it's only diet that makes them look so "young?" Yeah, that and a solid two hours of putting on their face every morning! LOL!

Tamukha Wrote:
> KidRaw,
>
> He does look shiny from all that oil smiling smiley
>
> LOL!

Date: April 14, 2013 11:23PM

HH,

Names, or it doesn't happen! Seriously, I cannot think of any raw foods women that aren't fairly au naturel in the way they present themselves: Angela, Shazzie, Dara, Tonya--they all look more or less their age, but far more vibrant and well-complected.

Tavis Bradley's mother and sister have had a gourmet raw catering business on one of the Hawai'ian islands, so I'm assuming the family went high fat together when Tavis was a boy.

Date: April 15, 2013 01:25AM

I agree that relative to many others their age they are healthy. However, the over 50 women that I was specifically talking about use a lot of make-up, hair-dye, and plastic surgery/botox. It's obvious. I know you guys are just joking about Tavis. It still reminds me of how women get to cheat when showing the world their "health" while men truly have to go "au naturel." Anything else condemns them to ridicule. Could you imagine the out-cry if Doug Graham dyed his hair and used botox? What if he got a hair transplant? He'd be treated like a total scumbag. When women do it, everyone pretends that they don't do it while going on and on about how great they look. It's ridiculous. Let's have true equality. I want to see close-up photos of every female raw guru while using no make-up, moisturizer, or hair dye. I also want full confessions about botox, rhinoplasty, tummy tucks, etc. Bring it! I know you're reading this ladies! smiling smiley

Tamukha Wrote:
> HH,
>
> Names, or it doesn't happen! Seriously, I cannot
> think of any raw foods women that aren't fairly au
> naturel in the way they present themselves:
> Angela, Shazzie, Dara, Tonya--they all look more
> or less their age, but far more vibrant and
> well-complected.
>
> Tavis Bradley's mother and sister have had a
> gourmet raw catering business on one of the
> Hawai'ian islands, so I'm assuming the family went
> high fat together when Tavis was a boy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 01:27AM by HH.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2013 12:58AM

women *GET* to cheat ? how about the last 100 years of putting up with how distinquished gentlemen look as they age vs. women looking like old dried up prunes

women have been encouraged ..no almost browbeaten into trying to look younger .. the makeup industry is a testament of that !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 16, 2013 07:36PM

Societal pressures are hard for everyone. It took me a while to let my beard grow and not worry about all the women who find beards unattractive and all the employment opportunities that would suddenly be closed to me. But who cares? I have to be myself. No one's going to browbeat me into running a razor across my face every morning. It's not natural. I like it when women don't wear make-up. I guess that I just see something a bit devious in it and find it to be pretty rich when women start cracking wise about the way a man's skin looks. By the way, my current significant other works a high-level job for one of the largest financial firms in the world. She doesn't wear make-up. Times have changed a lot since the 1980s.

Date: April 16, 2013 11:59PM

Here's Tavis with Dan MacDonald doing cardio despite eating avocados and olive oil. smiling smiley [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:03AM

last time i wore makeup i was under 20 lol .. the difference between my skin and my sister (5 years older then me) is HUGE .. she was a real sun hound too .. whereas i kept out of it for the most part. smiling smiley

I agree we need to be ourselves ..

honestly tho im still not willing to stop dying my hair .. maybe in 5 years when i hit 50 i'll change my midn but im using henna at this time and im not giving it up winking smiley winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 17, 2013 09:14AM

HH Wrote:
> Here's Tavis with Dan MacDonald doing cardio
> despite eating avocados and olive oil. smiling smiley
> [www.youtube.com]

good find and good for them, though that looks a little "staged" (did not see the whole vid)

Date: April 18, 2013 03:55PM

I eat a lot of fat and just ran a casual 3 miles with steep hills that barely raised my heart rate. I haven't run with any serious intent for a few years. When I got home, I lifted some weights with no problem. My blood pressure tends to max out at around 120/80 and often dips into the lower "athlete" range. My resting heart rate is 50. If I ran on a regular basis it would be in the low 40s. I don't know enough about nutritional science to be able to honestly counter your claims. All I have is my experience and that of others.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:58PM

HH

<<Societal pressures are hard for everyone. It took me a while to let my beard grow and not worry about all the women who find beards unattractive and all the employment opportunities that would suddenly be closed to me. But who cares? I have to be myself. No one's going to browbeat me into running a razor across my face every morning. It's not natural. I like it when women don't wear make-up. I guess that I just see something a bit devious in it and find it to be pretty rich when women start cracking wise about the way a man's skin looks. By the way, my current significant other works a high-level job for one of the largest financial firmT>>

Hey HH

You get to wear your beard because you want to be yourself. You don't like women with make up and your significant other wears no make up. She does what she wants. You get what you want. Some women wear make up because they know what they want. It looks like everyone gets to do what they want. Everyone has that freedom and they choose it. Seems like everyone is working with a full deck.

Date: April 19, 2013 07:36AM

Yeah except the beard is natural and probably makes me look older than when I shave. In other words, it's the complete opposite of anything cosmetic. I never said that I dislike women with make-up. I simply question anyone who claims to have found the fountain of youth while sporting various cosmetic enhancements. I've seen women laugh at and accuse David Wolfe of wearing make-up and therefore being fake, yet when a woman does it the reaction is that she "looks so young."

la_veronique Wrote:
> HH
>
> <>
>
> Hey HH
>
> You get to wear your beard because you want to be
> yourself. You don't like women with make up and
> your significant other wears no make up. She does
> what she wants. You get what you want. Some women
> wear make up because they know what they want. It
> looks like everyone gets to do what they want.
> Everyone has that freedom and they choose it.
> Seems like everyone is working with a full deck.

Date: April 19, 2013 08:44AM

HH Wrote:
> I eat a lot of fat and just ran a casual 3 miles
> with steep hills that barely raised my heart rate.
> I haven't run with any serious intent for a few
> years. When I got home, I lifted some weights with
> no problem.

hey HH.

Good for you. I don't want to speak bad of your diet as it can make you feel bad (thats not my intent). As I said, if you eat some carbs, you are probably OK as the body does not go in ketosis. I am not an expert either, just learning. Some people do well on high fat but I hear the problem is a silent one and takes decades to take the toll. Make sure to eat plenty of omega 3 to balance the fats to stay cardio healthy. Wish you happy exercise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2013 08:50AM by Panchito.

Date: April 20, 2013 12:17PM

[www.youtube.com]

I don't mean bad, I apologiozed, but his voice (saliva) sounds oily or dehydrated at times. looks like he is in to Tao (nothing wrong)

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:24PM

<<<I don't mean bad, I apologiozed, but his voice (saliva) sounds oily or dehydrated at times. looks like he is in to Tao (nothing wrong)>>>

The very first thing I noticed other than the oily skin which someone else has pointed out was the Vertical Lines between the Eyebrows, which according to Michio Kushi in “Your Face Never Lies,” are a sign of a Bad Liver and Gallbladder. When I watched his Video about his diet, I was taken aback by him eating 400 grams a Fat a Day!!!

My God, we can only process 8 to 12 grams of Fat an hour, which explains why he only eats 1 meal a day and if he were to eat more than one meal a day, he would have major digestive issues. Even at one meal a day it’s questionable whether or not he’s able to process the amount of Fat he’s eating from all of those Oils that are NOT Nutrient Dense!!!

400 divided by 12 = 33.33 hours

Now I realize that the 8 to 12 grams of Fat an hour may not apply to Raw Fat, but in this case, I really don’t think that it matters, unless the body adapts over time which I know it does. As Herbert Shelton says, the more we eat of anything the better our body gets at dealing with it. But nonetheless, the result of eating 400 grams of FAT every day is going to stress our Liver and Gallbladder!!!

Another issue are those 3 Avocados that he’s eating and Avocados tend to be a little gooey and don’t go through our pipes very easily, but perhaps the 1 and 1/3 cup of Oil that he adds throughout the day might help it slide on out.

Anyway, here are my notes from Michio Kushi’s book “Your Face Never Lies”:

“Vertical lines between the eyes indicate problems with the liver and gall bladder. Below the liver area, on either side of the nose, is the area corresponding to the spleen and pancreas – and, because these organs are complementary to the stomach, also corresponding to the stomach. The green colour often found in this region indicates problems with the stomach and spleen.” Michio Kushi, “Your Face Never Lies” p. 16

“Vertical lines such as those above the nose, between the eyebrows, are caused by an excess of yang food in the diet. These lines are a sign of a bad liver.” Michio Kushi, “Your Face Never Lies” p. 17

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 20, 2013 03:24PM

Ying/Yang foods? Is this folklore or is there valid science behind
[www.gregsamples.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:40AM

<<<Ying/Yang foods? Is this folklore or is there valid science behind>>>

This is by far NOT Scientific, but you may still find it interesting...

I especially like this part…

Dietary yin/yang is about correcting imbalances that were created by following the yin/yang system in the first place, which demonstrates that it is a therapeutical, symptom- managing system which lacks a fundamental understanding of the biological principles that govern nature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Yin/Yang-Eastern "cold/hot" foods
Robert (---.bctel.ca)
Date: 07-17-02 08:50

To get into dietary yin/yang as a lifelong pursuit is to lose our sensibilities. It should be obvious right from the start that the human being doesn't need a complex set of rules to determine what it needs or doesn't need to eat. Any program that doesn't lead to simplicity is a program that is false. In the end, we have only our senses to guide us, and if those are not enough, then, boy, are we ever in for big trouble. If it is so that each of us cannot use our natural senses to guide us to our ideal foods, then it certainly is true that the human race has only the hope of the damned. Pretty soon we're gonna have to be reading a book on proper birth procedures even before we are born.

It’s a truth of life that the more complicated a pursuit becomes, the more evident that it is false in the first place. If a dietary system is true and worthwhile of consideration, it must naturally lead to a simple understanding that even a baby can naturally follow. Nature would not create a dietary system that would not and could not be understood and followed by the young of a species.

Dietary yin/yang is about correcting imbalances that were created by following the yin/yang system in the first place, which demonstrates that it is a therapeutical, symptom- managing system which lacks a fundamental understanding of the biological principles that govern nature. The human body operates perfectly when given the nutriment that it needs in its proper form. No correction or strive-for-balance is needed, as the body automatically attains balance as it eats its desired natural foods. This is so for every species on the planet.

This yin/yang system includes cooked and processed foods in its dietary plan and so exposes itself to the deleterious consequences of these foods. Dietary yin/yang makes no attempt to remove these disease and imbalance causing elements from its program, and thus exposes itself for the sham that it is. It is a program of disease management, not health creation. It is a un-natural human mind created system, that represents a futile and misguided attempt to overcome uncorrected bad habits.

Nature did not write her laws down for us, or for anyone else, animal, plant, or rock. Instead, she did a much more wise and reasonable thing, so that EVERY organism could easily prosper. She gave us SENSES and the ability to DEMONSTRATE ourselves. And that's all we have to do to benefit from natures plan, because we ARE nature. By eating our natural foods and following our natural habits, we demonstrate our natural senses and behaviours, from which follows the demonstration of our good health. That's it. No balancing, no charts, no theories, or any other human-created systems needed.

But, of course, seeing as how the practice has been so deeply rooted in cultures for so long, why not try fooling around with it for a bit, for a kick. Afterall, what more possible harm could be done to a person who belongs to race that has no more hope than the damned.

I hope everyone was taking this lightly, even as i meant it.

robert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace and Love..........John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables