Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Annoyed...
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 27, 2013 12:40AM

So annoyed. Was just browsing/shopping on my Food Co-op website and looking for raw organic pumpkin seeds. Found 2 companies that had pumpkin seeds. Guess where they both come from???

CHINA!

One of the 2 companies is "Go Raw"

Ugghhh. Makes me unhappy! Actually, it downright makes me mad!

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Annoyed...
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 27, 2013 02:59AM

Yep, I'm with ya on that mindy66, this country is crap, government is crap, doctors are crap it's all going to hell. The government should support organic farming and be more concerned in the health of the nation. They are not they are just capitolistic pigs. Discuting money hungry scumbags. Sometimes I admire other countries that fight with their lives to change government. Our government is no better they just are really good at hiding there greed! We don't need imports for the most part.

The only thing I can do is support US grown organic farmers by buying their products and not buying the other crap. My local farmers market sells Spanish almonds raw! I say woohoo raw? but you are not supporting the US brother? The Spanish almonds suck anyway. I told him that I would not buy this product and that I would rather eat pasturized CA. almonds any day!!! Does he listen? No! Crap crap crap it's all crap. The sad thing is that we as a society are letting it happen and that is the way big brother wants it. They want us too busy to rebel, and they have succeded. Any one who wants to succed in this country has to ignore their health and go to college work AND study try to eat well. Okay enough ranting.

Date: March 27, 2013 03:18AM

In my opinion, it is not capitalism that is the problem. It is the integrity of one's heart. Believe me, I am not a fan of our gov't in great part either, most especially when it comes to any of the food governing bodies (USDA, FDA). Completely corrupt.

Would love it if I could afford to buy up a TON and hand out copies of some of the incredible documentaries that are out there that are the reason that I have and am becoming educated in the whole food thing (raw...organic...etc).

I agree that our priorities are, as a whole, really screwed up. I, for one, am working on switching that up in my life. It is hard work, but work that is worth it!

Mindy

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 27, 2013 09:05AM

you can get organic pumpkin seeds at Giant Supermarket.

brand: Nature's Promise

I buy sunflower seeds also.

Date: March 28, 2013 04:28AM

Thank you Panchito.

Will go and look for it right now!!

Ok, back from looking and couldn't find it.

Guess I should have asked. Is this an online store or an actual brick an mortar?

Either way, I've never heard of it.

Mindy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 04:31AM by mindy66.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 28, 2013 09:04AM

They always have organic sunflowerseeds but pumpkinseeds are like seasonal I thik

[www.giantfood.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 28, 2013 03:03PM

Panchito, what does their status have to do with where they're from? I don't trust organics that come from China! I did buy some nori sheets that were "processed" in China, but only after incredible assurances that this plant is very above-board.

What pisses me off about pumpkin seeds is that the price has skyrocketed. I remember making pumpkin seed mylk from Ani Phyo's first book. I didn't even have a Vitamix yet but it was really delicious! After almonds were pasteurized, I thought making seed mylk would be a more viable alternative. The price of pumpkin seeds jumped from about $2.99 (they're organic bulk from Whole Foods) to $6.99 now!!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 28, 2013 03:56PM

banana who,

What pisses me off about pumpkin seeds is that the price has skyrocketed.

I recently learned that pumpkin seed powder, because of its high tryptophan content, is now being touted as an effective sleep aid. I suspect--though haven't checked--that Dr. Oz The Great and Powerful has mentioned this somewhere recently, and now, as with everything he recommends, there's a run on pumpkin seed products and this has destabilized their prices.

Or maybe this tinfoil hat is on a bit tight grinning smiley

Date: March 28, 2013 05:16PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I recently learned that pumpkin seed powder,
> because of its high tryptophan content, is now
> being touted as an effective sleep aid. I
> suspect--though haven't checked--that Dr. Oz The
> Great and Powerful has mentioned this somewhere
> recently, and now, as with everything he
> recommends, there's a run on pumpkin seed products
> and this has destabilized their prices.
>
> Or maybe this tinfoil hat is on a bit tight grinning smiley

No, Tam! I believe it totally. I felt that something is driving the demand. Perhaps also the prostate health angle? Someone somewhere told the masses that pumpkin seeds were it.

Date: March 28, 2013 05:29PM

Could find neither on their website. Thanks anyhoo Panchito!

Mindy

Date: March 28, 2013 05:47PM

Mindy, in just a few minutes I was able to locate raw pumpkin seeds from the USA: [www.amazon.com]

Date: March 29, 2013 06:11PM

Thanks Banana!!

Too expensive though. Almost $8/lb. yikes!

Mindy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables