Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

spirulina .... reaction
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 27, 2013 10:34PM

Did anyone ever have a reaction where there face got reddish and skin inflamed after taking spirulina? Trying to see if there is a connection or if I'm just imagining things. This is weird. Its like the feeling of walking into a bunch of poison ivy ( or some sort of plant that makes you have reactions).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: spirulina .... reaction
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 27, 2013 11:54PM

It's possible to have an reaction to this. Could be allergy, detox or Leaky Gut.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 28, 2013 08:59AM

I would try a different brand

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2013 08:25PM

My mother has a horrible reaction to chlorella, which is quite similar to spirulina. And I've heard of this happening before with chlorella. Perhaps could be the case with you and spirulina. Maybe you should switch to chlorella, which I prefer slightly anyway for its ability to draw heavy metals and other toxins from the body.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: April 01, 2013 12:34AM

I had a bad reaction to chlorela (severe vomiting and diareha) but Im not sure if it cause some sort of detox or my body just didn't like it. Either way I'm not keen to try again.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 01, 2013 01:10AM

maybe the batch is bad.

Date: June 07, 2013 11:15AM

This can be quite common with the algaes spirulina and especially chlorella. Going out in the sun makes it extra bad. lt's not the quality, but l just can't think what the reason is right at this moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 11:16AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables