Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Maple water
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2013 07:59PM

Being in Canada we did what good Canadians do with their families when on vacation and went to a sugar bush today, lol. They had a water dispenser with maple water in it so we tried it and guess what? It tastes just like... WATER! Ha ha. It's only about 2% sugar which is barely discernable, really not discernable at all. Apparently it will ferment though if left on it's own. So will under concentrated syrup, it must be something like 68% sugar, as low as 55% and that will also ferment. I wonder why maple liquor isn't a thing, you'd think people would market that. I wonder what it's like?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maple water
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: March 31, 2013 01:17PM

There is:

[saplingliqueur.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: March 31, 2013 03:14PM

I've tasted the maple sap before and it was very high in sugar. The studies say 1-5%. [www.uvm.edu] I felt jittery afterwards and my bones felt like they were creaking just like when I eat something too sweet in the morning.

The presenters made coffee with the sap and it didn't need sweetner, it as that sweet. I didn't drink the cofee, just the sap, but my friend at the time tasted it and he said it was sweet.

Maybe maple water is different than maple sap or maybe the one I taste had a very high sugar content?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 01, 2013 03:52PM

life101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've tasted the maple sap before and it was very
> high in sugar. The studies say 1-5%.
> [www.uvm.edu]
> on.pdf I felt jittery afterwards and my bones
> felt like they were creaking just like when I eat
> something too sweet in the morning.
>
> The presenters made coffee with the sap and it
> didn't need sweetner, it as that sweet. I didn't
> drink the cofee, just the sap, but my friend at
> the time tasted it and he said it was sweet.
>
> Maybe maple water is different than maple sap or
> maybe the one I taste had a very high sugar
> content?

How was it with the coffee? It sounds yummy!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2013 09:05PM

The sap is just water, it comes out clear and watery. It really had no taste at all, I would drink it as water as it was well filtered through the tree and must have been very clean! Lovely stuff.
The sapling liquer looks like it's made from syrup, I wonder if anyone makes it with just the maple water though. It would have to be a home-brew, it's probably not very strong at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables