Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green smoothie
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 18, 2013 06:45PM

I was wondering how long to wait before I have a green smoothie?I had a large salad today with alot of veggies/greens at 1

My next class is 4-630, so I wanted to buy a green smoothie before class to keep me focused and it tastes amazingsmiling smiley

Is this too soon? The cart on campus closes at 4, so I cant wait until after to buy it.

See... this is why I need a blender. I have been saying it way too long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green smoothie
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:57AM

I would not wait smiling smiley for green small smoothies, you can buy a blender at very cheap prices. I drink a green smoothy in the morning. All my "carbs" are in the breakfast and lunch. Then I reserved the fats on dinner. But on the green smoothy, I have started adding a lill hemp oil so that the absorption is better (fats help absorb nutrients).

Date: April 19, 2013 02:39PM

Thanks. I am so low on cash.. even a cheap blender for ten dollars is too much right now. I have to buy food to put in the blender!smiling smiley

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:44PM

Holy crap! juices are expensive if you want to save money just eat good organic foods. I thought you bought Chlorella? just pop some of those and you are good, better than a juice.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 19, 2013 10:06PM

If I had to pick between greens or juice and Chlorella, I would pick the greens or juices. If I were low on budget I would not buy organic, I would buy greens cheap and juice them. Your are not going to come out of Chlorella meal and feel full. For about a dollar you can buy a head lettuce or cucumbers and eat it or juice it. Cheap. High water content. Loaded with vitamins.

Date: April 20, 2013 01:59AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I had to pick between greens or juice and
> Chlorella, I would pick the greens or juices. If I
> were low on budget I would not buy organic, I
> would buy greens cheap and juice them. Your are
> not going to come out of Chlorella meal and feel
> full. For about a dollar you can buy a head
> lettuce or cucumbers and eat it or juice it.
> Cheap. High water content. Loaded with vitamins.

I dont have the money for the blender. I am not joking people, I have like 10 for the rest of the month! And.. this is why I need to find a different grocer. I dont have a car and lettuce at my store is 1.20 for iceberg which pretty much has no nutrients, right?

I am hoping to be ok until the first and then I can get the blender, for heavens sake.

No chlorella tablets sad smiley

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:29PM

How much does a green smoothie cost at your Uni?

Near where I work, I can get a green smoothie and a berry smoothie for $3.99/each, total > $7. And that is cheap....

I wish more restaurants would sell smoothies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables