Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water. also caffeine and sugar.
Posted by: halfinlove ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:46PM

another post.. the dr i saw today also told me i should only drink water if it has something else in it. like if it’s a soup or a broth or if i do have water i should put a spoon of jam in it or something?! apparently drinking water on its own makes you pee out all the nutrients and minerals in your body?? is this true? i mean i do drink a lot of water and go to the bathroom a lot. is this normal? am i actually losing nutrients and minerals this way?

i'm so confused lol

also he said that sometimes your brain does need sugar or caffeine for when you're tired... but that's just a stimulant, right? wouldn't it be better to just get more nutrients from leafy greens and stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water. also caffeine and sugar.
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:49AM

I liked to hear about what others think on this one.

I have read that max of 300 mg of caffeine is not that bad. I am not sure how true this is..

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:53AM

I take any nutritional advice received from a Dr. with a HUGE grain of salt, pun intended. Drs. get a very minimal amount of nutritional schooling, all they really know how to do is push drugs, IMO.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 20, 2013 12:00PM

I would not take nutritional advice from regular doctors or dentists. They think they know a lot about food, but what they usually know is cultural-folk knowledge. I would seek better a especialized proffesional in nutrition for these types of diet advice. Of course they recommend drugs. That's all they know. That is their tool. Don't know what is a "computer test" (a blood test?). Sometimes things hide on smart sounding words. A nutrion expert could maybe discover through an intervoew an eating disorder of some kind. Don't know.

If I had confirmed parasites, I would go to Amazon and read reviews. Better that than taking drugs (though they could be good). they never tell the patient about the secondary effects in the small letters.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:18PM

What is all this stuff about what we "should" do? Even in this community there are multiple opinions. Why not research and experiment for yourself and then state your findings and see how others compare with yours? No one but you inhabits your body. I believe that when we ask other people what we should do, we disempower ourselves. I mean, there is a difference between getting feedback and asking for permission, you know?

In any case, it's true that sometimes people might use caffeine as a drug to stay up and do something. In other words, they don't abuse it by taking it on a daily basis (like me). The problem with caffeine is that it is very addictive and hard to take it or leave it. At least I found that to be the case. Maybe cacao might be different because it has theobromine and may not be as intense a stimulant? Plus if you put it in a smoothie it might buffer the effects?

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:33AM

IN an ideal world no one would be drinking coffee, but we don't live in an ideal world. Some people can drink one or two coffees a day and it doesn't affect them, for others it does and they don't have any. It depends on how it affects you, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with a raw diet as the nervous system becomes extremely sensitive, and the hit of caffeine is such a shock to the system.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 22, 2013 02:20AM

<<also he said that sometimes your brain does need sugar or caffeine for when you're tired... but that's just a stimulant, right?>>

i don't even know how to respond to this

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 22, 2013 09:03AM

the brain needs glucose. sugar is sucrose. glucose can come from many sources and does not need to taste sweet. The caffeine coment from the Doc is maybe a sign of he teaching his diet on you smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables