Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fasting
Posted by: Keen ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:51PM

If the raw foods diet doesn't heal digestive issues, is fasting the only option? I've been "fasting" on veggie juices and green smoothies for over a month except for an occasional salad, and have seen no improvement. Some days I've actually felt worse. I did a 3 day juice fast many years ago which helped me get rid of chronic fatigue, but I've never fully healed. I should have fasted for longer, but now I can't seem to get myself to do an exclusive juice fast at all. I cave and have a smoothie after half a day of juicing. Must be the stubbornness of old age setting in, but it seems like I'm doing enough to have seen some kind of benefit. The internet is filled with videos and websites of people healing all kinds of illnesses on raw foods, often rather quickly, but I've yet to see any evidence of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fasting
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:48PM

That's why they call it juice FEASTING. And smoothies have even more fiber. What are your symptoms that suggest a digestive disorder--acid reflux? And have you tried juicing ginger with your other fruits and veggies?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:59PM

Let's get serious. Smoothies is not fasting.
The first step in healing is to make sure your body is digesting food properly. You have to restore the equilibrium at that level first. Otherwise fasting is painful. Too much seating there trying to get out and no amount of fasting will help. The bad getting into the blood stream. Go first for a cleanse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 07:00PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:56PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's why they call it juice FEASTING. And
> smoothies have even more fiber. What are your
> symptoms that suggest a digestive disorder--acid
> reflux? And have you tried juicing ginger with
> your other fruits and veggies?

The technical diagnosis is acid reflux, but it's atypical. I have breathing problems from rising stomach fumes, not the typical heartburn. Doctors wanted to cut me open for it. I can tell it's digestive related. I've tried everything. I use ginger in all my juices.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:58PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's get serious. Smoothies is not fasting.
> The first step in healing is to make sure your
> body is digesting food properly. You have to
> restore the equilibrium at that level first.
> Otherwise fasting is painful. Too much seating
> there trying to get out and no amount of fasting
> will help. The bad getting into the blood stream.
> Go first for a cleanse.

That's why I put quotation marks around fasting. I couldn't be more serious. What kind of cleanse are you talking about? Is juice fasting not a type of cleanse? All I hear about are how people have recovered from all kinds of illnesses, even cancer, from juice fasting.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 10:55PM

You need to put sunflower sprouts to provide protein and fatty acids, this will help you not have as much hunger. You must have a organ issue, infection or some kind of damage from who knows what. You must figure this out with some kind of diagnosis. If you have already seen a doctor, see a holistic practitioner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables