Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I NEED HELP
Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: April 29, 2013 12:34AM

Hello my friends

I've got myself into a rather bad predicament, since I've had two major operations in the last two years and became addicted on oxycontin. I tried so hard to use food and exercise to combat the pain, but in the end I continued to build up a tolerance to the drug. What else could I do? I've asked you all about this before, and some of your suggestions worked to some degree, and I tried to do it all myself for six months. However, I think that I told you all about the problems that I had with my siblings after my Mother died after looking after her for a month, you know, that I was acccused of her murder and they lied to the police in order to get them to come up to the house to try and evict me from Mum's home which was full of antiques. That's what they wanted, and in the end they got them. I had my own solicitor who suggested I take them to court, but that would just cause me even more stress and cost a fortune as well. They wanted the furniture for their adult children, but I don't know why they didn't just talk to me about it rather than do what they did. As I would have been quite happy to pass some things on to their kids. But I guess they were judging me by the way that they would react themselves to the same situation, typical, I'm so glad that I'm nothing like them.

We all flew our true colours, and I'm proud of how I performed, but they showed everyone just who they were deep inside, and they will have to live all their lives with what they did. But my conscience is clear and clean, and even though the month that I spent looking after Mum prior to her passing was a little distastful at times, we had some great talks, and I wouldn't give that away for anything. My sisters have no idea what they missed out on, as they had all the excuses in the world as to why they couldn't help, or even relieve me for a time. I'm sure some of you would know exactly what I had to do when Mum became too weak to perform even the most menial tasks.

Now I'm on the state methadone program here in Oz, and I'm slowly improving, but I'd like again to ask you if you can suggest super foods or the such that will hasten the withdrawal so I can quit the meth sooner than it normally takes.

I know that at first Prana, it would seem that this post would be better in the catagory of 'other items', but as you can now see, it is relevent to this forum relating to raw food to help resolve my dilemma. I've forgotten much of what you all told me, as I've had a horrific last 12months, but it's all over now, and I don't have to converse with my siblings ever again. Actually, my psych says if I did it would trigger past bad hurt and pain. They call it PTSD or 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder'. That's the reason why I haven't been around much for the last year. I still want to hurt them, and there are things I could say that would do just that, but if I did I wouldn't be any better than them, would I!

Wow, this has turned into an essay, sorry, and I won't blame you if you dismiss my plea, but I hope that some of my friends I've made here will take the time to briefly give from their hearts.

Love from Jalan x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I NEED HELP
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 12:51AM

I don't have any good info. really but the healthier you are the less you will be able to tolerate this drug. This is how I quit my vises, just becoming healthier. Get as much mental help as you can, we all have emotional issues and some of us unfortunately have them worse than others. They can keep us stuck in life and making poor decisions. Good luck

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:29AM

...but it's all over now, and I don't have to converse with my siblings ever again....

Trust me, that's not over. It never is. When you have an estranged relationship occurring, it still continues to eat away at you inside, even if you don't think it is.

I'm a bit surprised that your psych thinks you should run from it...or maybe I don't have the whole story here...in other words, sometimes you need some time/distance to heal before attempting to mend relationships.

As far as the drugs go, nothing will clean your system faster than juicing/juice fasts. Of course, that will be rather tough to do if you are addicted to the pain killers, withdraw symptoms will be tough.

It would be much easier if you had a juicing buddy/friend/support group that could come a long side of you & help you through this.

Good luck...I've been addicted to...chocolate...and still battle the temptation. sad smiley

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:46AM

Hey Jalan,

Sorry to hear about everything you’ve gone through, but you’ve got a great attitude as to not let it get to you. Remember what Confucius once said, “To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.”

As far as your Pain and Addiction to Oxycontin, you might try doing a Juice Fast/Feast with E3Live and Coffee Enemas. All Pain is relative to how much toxins are in you, so getting clean and healthy as rzman10001 suggested is spot on.

According to Dr. Gabriel Cousens, “Do you know that there are 40 million people in the U.S. who are clinically depressed? The above conditions are all as a result of the biologically altered brain which comes as result of poor nutrition and which is amplified by poor genetics. E3Live is specific for our nervous system, brain function and the quality of our consciousness. E3Live is specific food for drug addiction, alcoholism, increased hyperactivity, increased attention deficit disorders, and depression. More than any other food, it enables us to make a paradigm shift and enjoy a sense of well-being. There's a quality of joy that's really subtle that many people experience with E3Live.”

Along with the Juices and E3Live, I would definitely do a bunch of Coffee Enemas. Dr. Max Gerson knew that all drugs were liver toxic and if someone came to his clinic in a lot of Pain, Gerson would immediately get them off their Pain Killers, and he would give them Coffee Enemas as often as needed - up to every 2 hours - 12 times a day VS the 4 to 5 coffee enemas that he would give his other cancer patients. Coffee Enemas were also used during the war for the soldiers who were shot when they ran out of morphine.

[curezone.com]
Caffeine Dialysis Process - Coffee Enema
Coffee Enema - Step by Step

Healers that apply the Gerson Therapy use the caffeine dialysis non-invasive process to instantly remove all pain killer medications from incoming terminal cancer patients. No morphine, no opium derivatives, all of which are immune system suppressors. The pain relief is immediate and persistent. Terminal patients get the coffee enema every three or four hours while they disgorge pounds of awful stuff on their way to complete cures.

[curezone.com]

Here are some of my favorite quotes that should help you stay focused on what you got to do and not what has been done to you.

Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Resentments are like pissing on your own leg, you are the only one who feels it, and everyone else sees it.

"Hating people is like burning down your home to get rid of a rat." -Harry Emerson Fosdick

“Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.” -Buddha

“Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.” -Joan Lunden

“When you resent someone, a big part of you closes down. You become bitter and lose your ability to love. You also interact in a way that automatically creates opposition and resistance against yourself. Forgiveness is not for the other person, forgiveness is for you.” -Bill Ferguson

Peace and Love..........John

Date: April 29, 2013 03:43AM

Oh wow, such good info guys, thank you so much. John what is E3live, and what food is it derived from?
Veganjuice, I've tried hard to make it happen for us. I waited over a year, but things would only improve if I admitted that I was 100% in the wrong. I appologised for any hurt that I may have given them, and for my part in the circumstances, but there was no appology from them.

Yes, there's much more to it, a lot more, and I've gone as far as I can go. I do have my dignity.

I'm progressively becoming healthier rzman, and I know you are right. I'm feeling improvement and I've lost 8kg's too.

I've not touched the oxy for about two months now, as the methadone has taken it's place. It's a drug that the body will not build a tolerance to, so I can begin to withdraw from it slowly without too much discomfort; although, it's not devoid of pain.

I appreciate your advice, very much, I feel supported. And I have found a group of people that have gone through or are going through a similar situation, so no judgement, only support.

Again veganjuice, I agree with you that it's not or never over when we're talking about family as long as I'm still able to reconcile the events in a positive way. I doubt that they will come round, though time may heal all wounds. The problem is that they have spread it around that their children and their children's children's children that I killed their granmother (greatgrandmother). It will be hard to overcome that.

thx again jalan x

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:39AM

Jalan, I went through some similar things with my mom and family shortly after my dad died a couple of years ago. My mom was a die hard alcoholic to the bitter end and my dad died fighting her addiction till his last breath. when i ended up with my mom living with me for the last year she was with us my sisters and brothers fought me tooth and nail on everything i did and decended on my parents estate like locusts. it was exhausting and painfull and made me angry and sad . Occaisionally i let her drink because it was just too exhausting to fight her all day long day and day out and my siblings accuseded me of hastening her end, despite a doctor telling me she was already done for, her liver was toast and it was probably more cruel to try and stop her at her age then to moderate her behavior. in the end they got what they got and we hardly speak anymore . \\

the obivious difference between your situation and mine is the two operations that were supposed to make you feel better but left you on pain killers to manage and im sorry that you have gotten sucked into that horrible cycle. painkillers have their place for sure but the addictive nature of oxycontin is a demon that many succumb too.

having fought my own drug/alcohol demons many years ago all i can offer you is a ear to listen and advise you to get into some sort of treatment schedual and support . methadone is just another drug to replace another. get into detox and take it one day at a time, and know were all here and support and love you . find something else to vill the void that drugs fill.

some good pain management things are tai chi, meditation, massage, physio, and if you had to do any drug then if it were me id eat weed , its got muscle relaxing components to it when eaten. I got off prescriptions anti-anflamatories and muscle relaxents by eating marijuana cookies .. giving up the cookies was easy in comparrison when i didnt have the pain anymore

ultimately good food and good nutrition will get your body back on track, you know this you just need to start putting it back into practice

if you ever want to talk just holler nwjodi @ hotmail . com

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:04AM

Hi jalanutan

Sorry to hear the story. Three things that speed up cartilage/muscle recovery are:

Vita C
Proline (vegetarian supplement)
Lysine (vegetarian supplement)

The liver makes Proline but maybe with age it age, the liver does not make much. Sometimes the liver is sick and does not make much. For a therapeutic effect it is better to take as a supplement. lysine is an essential amino acid that is found in like legumes, etc. This three part combo is important.

Wish you a promp recovery.

PS; google for hot/cold shower theraphy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 09:07AM by Panchito.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:54AM

Veganjuice, I've tried hard to make it happen for us. I waited over a year, but things would only improve if I admitted that I was 100% in the wrong. I appologised for any hurt that I may have given them, and for my part in the circumstances, but there was no appology from them.

I should have mentioned that...at the present time my brother & I haven't spoken since '07. He is a Vietnam vet w/ a lot of issues and has a tendency to take them out on the family, esp. when he consumes a lot of alcohol...which is basically non-stop.

So I do know how you feel with your siblings. I miss hanging out with my brother because on "good days", we could connect like no one else can; we are tuned to the same wavelength 100% and make a great working team. But, becasue of his inability to handle "life" situations properly, and/or my inability to accept him in his out of control drunken state, our relationships suffers.

...and it is painful; I miss him, and this most likely won't be resolved anytime soon. As I had mentioned, not over. It never is...

Hang in there, maybe you & your siblings will connect again someday...but for now it is your healing time. smiling smiley

Date: April 29, 2013 11:53AM

<<<John what is E3live, and what food is it derived from?>>>

Here is an interview with Dr. Gabriel Cousens on the benefits of E3Live Liquid Algae. This is the only supplement that made me go hmm...it reminded me of how great I feel when I am Juice Feasting.

Dr. Gabriel Cousens Talks about E3LIVE

An Interview With Gabriel Cousens, M.D., (H) On Healthy Spiritual Living and the Benefits of E3Live Liquid Algae

Dr. Gabriel Cousens is one of the worlds foremost authorities on living food nutrition, holistic lifestyle and complementary medicine. He graduated from Columbia Medical School in 1969 with a specialty in biochemistry. He is a holistic physician, psychiatrist, homeopath and family therapist. Not only has Dr. Cousens made major contributions in the field of natural health, he is also a shining example of health himself. Dr. Cousens is the author of Conscious Eating; Depression-Free For Life; Spiritual Nutrition and the Rainbow Diet and several other books.

The following interview is based on a film shoot that took place on February 1, 2000 at Dr. Cousens, in Patagonia, Arizona. The interview was conducted by Eliot Jay Rosen, Los Angeles Times best-selling author of the book, Experiencing the Soul.

EJR (Eliot Jay Rosen)- Before we talk about E3 Live Algae, please tell us a little about this beautiful sanctuary in southern Arizona?
GC (Dr. Gabriel Cousens)- The purpose of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center is to support the experience of complete rejuvenation, to offer people a "menu of awakened living," to become fully liberated from all limitations so that they can live their lives fully and experience their birthright of the sacred joy of living.
We focus on helping people absorb more of the vital forces of nature through living food, sunlight, fresh air, clean water, meditation, yoga and other practices. We encourage people, whatever their orientation, to go inside and get in touch with the part of their eternal self, so they can regenerate from that point of enhanced awareness. That's our function and that's our focus here.
EJR- You mentioned the term, " living foods." Could you give a brief definition of what living foods are?
GC- Living foods are foods that have not been altered by any particular process that negatively changes its biochemical structure and energetic charge in any way. Living foods are not subjected to heat they are uncooked and nothing essential is removed from the food by way of processing. Living foods are truly whole foods in that they still have their life-force intact. The best living foods are organically grown because the full complement of nutrients in the soil are essential to our health. As our health depends to a great degree on the quality of the foods we eat, eating as much living foods as feels right to the body, is the direction we want to go.
EJR- As far as I know, you've been eating and recommending Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), the species of blue-green algae that grows in Klamath Lake, longer than any other medical doctor in the world, almost 20 years, which in my book, makes you an expert.
GC- That's true. However, I want to make clear from the very outset that throughout that time, my commitment has been, and still is, only to the highest quality algae and not to any company. I have no affiliation or financial interest in the company that is behind E3Live. In this way, I can have the cleanest, most scientific approach. I can switch to better products and not compromise my integrity when it comes to recommending what is best for my clients. I've shared AFA algae with thousands of my clients throughout the years. The reason I,m speaking with you today is because I've experienced that E3Live is a qualitative leap compared to the other algae coming out of Klamath Lake.
EJR- In the most general way, why is nutrition so important to our health?
GC- Nutrition is so vital to health because eating is our main way of getting energy, besides breathing and increasing our spiritual connection which fills us with life-force. When we put nutrients in our body, we are taking in a gift from God. We’re taking in a gift from the living planet. The sad thing is that most of the members of our society don't eat naturally, and we have a consequent degeneration physically, mentally, morally, AND spiritually.
People are mistaken if they think that you can pop a vitamin or eat junk food and that's enough to keep healthy AND ALIVE. When you take natural, live, organic, whole foods into the body, foods that do not have pesticides and herbicides, it makes a huge, huge difference in the quality of life, in the quality of energy, in the quality of health. Eating a poor diet is like taking a car and putting diluted or impure gasoline into it and thinking that the car is going run the same as if you put in premium grade. And when the car breaks down because it's not getting the right fuel, some people, even traditional medical doctors, still don't get the connection.
Superior nutrition specifically enhances our ability to excel as human beings physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Poor nutrition contributes to what I call a "biologically altered brain" in which we function at an inferior level. The result is increased drug addiction, alcoholism, increased hyperactivity, increased attention deficit disorders, and depression.
Do you know that there are 40 million people in the U.S. who are clinically depressed? The above conditions are all as a result of the biologically altered brain which comes as result of poor nutrition and which is amplified by poor genetics. E3Live is specific for our nervous system, brain function and the quality of our consciousness. E3Live is specific food for drug addiction, alcoholism, increased hyperactivity, increased attention deficit disorders, and depression. More than any other food, it enables us to make a paradigm shift and enjoy a sense of well-being. There's a quality of joy that's really subtle that many people experience with E3Live.
EJR- Perhaps when some people hear the words "algae" and "food" in the same sentence, it may be a new concept for them to think that certain algae are edible.
GC- Not only are certain algae edible, but they are truly superfoods. Algae has been eaten by indigenous people for thousands of years. I don't know if they are still working on the project, but the U.S. space program, NASA, was at one time developing food growing systems in space that used algae as a staple protein source. Today more than ever, algae is thought of as a wholesome food in wider and wider circles. It's not thought to be so unusual anymore.
EJR- How does E3Live compare to store bought vitamins and minerals?
GC- I don't see E3Live as a collection of vitamins and minerals. In nature, there are certain energies that were given to us by God to use for our human development. For instance, the herb milk thistle has an affinity to the liver. Siberian ginseng is a specific for the adrenals, etc.
In the same way, E3Live has a unique energy that has an affinity to improving brain function. We now have clinical research showing AFA algae balances EEG readings and improves central nervous system functioning. So I don't like to equate AFA algae as just being a good source of certain vitamins and minerals. Sure, it has the most reliable and plentiful amounts of B-12 than any other non-animal food I know, but this in itself is just an added bonus to the gift that AFA really is in the grand scheme of Gods creation. But I think this algae is so much more than that. To compare it to man-made supplements is to minimize the value of AFA algae. And now that AFA algae is available in its liquid, live form, this for me is really the exciting part.
EJR- You were one of the first physicians to recommend E3Live Liquid algae even though you were already using the powdered version of the same species of algae?
GC- That's correct. I'd been eating algae from Klamath Lake since 1982. I happen to be at a Live Food Expo in San Francisco where I met the developers of E3Live. My first experience with E3Live was quite dramatic and wonderful. I felt the difference immediately. I felt such a paradigm shift compared to the other AFA algae I'd been using, that I am now recommending E3Live to my clients, and the response has been wonderful for so many different health concerns.
EJR- Will people still benefit from using E3Live even though they may not want to improve their diet, even if they know there is a better diet?
GC- Yes, absolutely. E3Live is going to help you whether or not you improve your diet. Obviously, to get the most positive changes, you’ll want improve your diet and lifestyle. Yet there are many people who just want some- thing to make them feel better. That's OK too. And yes, these people will also benefit. I wouldn't want people to think that to take E3Live one also has to adopt an unfamiliar lifestyle or have to do things that are not comfortable for them. Everybody has a choice as to what they want to do, or not do. However, what seems to happen is that when you begin using E3Live, you begin to feel a greater sense of well-being, then you naturally start to get interested in making improvements simply because you feel better.
EJR- Tell us something about the nutritional aspects of E3Live?
GC- The nutrients found in E3Live are about 97% completely assimilated by the body. There are 64 nutrients we know about, that we have names for, but there are probably many more nutritional factors we haven't discovered yet that are actively beneficial in AFA algae. I’ll give sort of a run-down on what scientists do know about. First, E3Live has sort of an endorphin-like effect in the sense that it can give us a wonderful sense of well-being, a sense of joy, a sense of expanded awareness.
Another aspect is that the algae has an incredibly broad-based nutrient profile, and possesses a complete complement of all the essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein, in just the right pattern for optimal absorption.
The AFA algae in E3Live has the highest concentration of bio- assimilable chlorophyll than any other food. E3Live has five times more chlorophyll than Wheatgrass, and double the amount of chlorophyll in Spirulina algae, and slightly more chlorophyll than Chlorella algae. The benefits of chlorophyll are vast. Most people know that chlorophyll eliminates anemia but it does a lot more than that.
Fifty percent of E3Live's essential fatty acids are in the Omega-3 form, which many people are deficient in because it is hard to find in most foods. Every cell wall in the body needs some essential fatty acids to function properly. AFA algae is extremely rich in hard to find trace minerals, which many people are also deficient in. Without trace minerals, enzymatic reactions do not take place.
E3Live has all the B vitamins, most notably it is extremely high in B-12, which solves a big issue of a reliable supply of this vitamin for Vegetarians, Vegans and Living Fooders. The average daily amount of algae that people will eat will more than satisfy their daily B-12 needs. That's great news!
E3Live is very good in balancing blood sugar levels, reducing the need for insulin in diabetics, supporting the immune system, and has many other generalized beneficial effects throughout the body.
In my mind, the most important quality of all that singles out this algae as being unique is that it provides raw materials for the brain to manufacture serotonin-based neuro-transmitters, which in turn supports the glands of the entire endocrine system. When the master glands of the endocrine system are nutritionally supported, this creates an inner environment for us to feel happy.
Just as some foods and herbs are for the liver, some foods and herbs are for the kidneys, this species of algae works specifically to help open expanded consciousness and a certain quality of creativity and enhanced awareness. My clients report an increased sense of enhanced well-being, clarity of mind, improved cognition, focus, and a certain hard to describe quality of "beingness," of expanded consciousness.
EJR- How can E3Live function in the body in so many different ways?
GC- There's still a fascinating mystery of "how the algae really works" which isn't fully explained purely by the biochemical nutritional story of what's in it. There's clearly a synergistic effect going on of all the discovered and undiscovered nutrients in the algae, as well as the energetics of where it comes from, which I,d like to address.
I've been involved with this species of algae for over 18 years, eating it myself and recommending it to clients, family and friends. It seems to me, that in the case of E3Live, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I would bet you anything that if somebody tried to substitute man-made quantities of what we know is in the algae in an synthetic test-tube setting, we would not be able to get the same results. I can tell you that there is something special about the forces of nature in the environment where the algae grows that contributes to the high energy it imparts to us when we eat it. Some of this cannot be proven scientifically, but I believe it is nevertheless taking place.
For instance, there is something significant about the water in the lake and the pristine environment where the algae grows. There's a tremendous amount of beneficial minerals in the water that the algae feeds upon, but it's more than that. There are sub-surface currents in the water, and a certain hard-to -pinpoint "volcanic energy" that's there that has a lot to do with the vitality in the algae.
Another factor is the great care the harvesters of E3Live take in bringing the freshest and most alive algae to us. E3Live is the only really live algae we have now, and I know the life-force aspect of E3Live is probably the most important factor that singles it out among all the rest of the algae products from Klamath Lake.
For me, this algae is nothing less than God's gift for us to help us enhance and support our overall evolution. As we enter the new Millennium, the timing of it all is exquisite!
EJR- To scientifically prove that a food, supplement or even a medicine is good for a particular medical condition takes a lot of money. In certain scientific circles, it takes a special type of test to be validly called a double-blind, cross-over study. What studies have been done with AFA algae?
GC- There have been some excellent studies, some of them double blind cross- over studies and some of them not. However, I read in one of my medical journals that only 1% of all the medical research is really scientific, really rigorous, not to mention the overwhelmingly unscientifically proven procedures that are routinely done on patients themselves. So I think it is not really to our advantage to insist that we absolutely need double blind studies to know if something works or not. What I am saying is that this so-called gold standard of experimental design may be an artificial scientific standard which slows up the acceptance of nature's gifts, foods that we could be using to help more and more people.
That having been said, an excellent double blind study WAS done in Nicaragua, South America, which showed increased cognition in school children. Though it did not state it in the study, it is my opinion that the algae helped undiagnosed attention deficit disorders in these children. In the study, the children's grades went from 64% to 85% over a period of two years.
I've personally treated clients with Alzheimer's disease using AFA algae, and published the findings in a medical journal. It was in a somewhat controlled setting in that AFA algae was the only supplement that was given. In one case, my client had lost her ability to talk, she couldn't walk, she didn't have enough focus to watch TV, and she couldn't dress herself. After using AFA algae, these symptoms reversed themselves. She was thereafter able to dress herself, able to talk, able to walk, able to focus enough to watch TV.
Another client also went downhill with the typical symptoms of Alzheimers. He responded miraculously quickly to the algae, and his symptoms improved significantly. However, at a certain point, his wife, who was his caretaker, ran out of AFA algae. She didn't completely understand that she needed AFA algae and not just any other species of algae. So she went out and purchased Spirulina algae from someone else, and his degenerative symptoms quickly returned. When I finally became aware of the situation and got him back on the AFA algae, his symptoms reversed again. Now this isn't a double blind study, but it was enough evidence for me that something good was going on WITH AFA ALGAE!
I also want to be clear that the Spirulina wasn't bad for him, it just didn't have the same properties that supports the mental, cognitive functioning that AFA algae has to improve brain functioning.
EJR- I've heard E3Live works with children as well.
GC- I've had excellent results using the algae with children who've been autistic. One of the main characteristics of autism is the absence of verbal talking. These children only make grunting and other such noises. I remember one child case that began to talk in only one month after beginning using the algae. Unfortunately, if you can believe this, the mother really didn't want the child to talk. She started complaining the child was talking too much, and made some excuse to stop giving the algae to the child, which is very sad when you think about it.
EJR- As a psychiatrist, do you sometimes use more traditional treatments for depression such AS Prozac®?
GC- I've had people who've been depressed for years and years, and literally, within a few days after receiving AFA algae, their depression lifts. This is because the algae gets to the roots of helping heal the addictive brain chemistry which is behind a lot of depression. I discuss this at length in my new book, Depression Free For Life.
People do not have a Prozac® deficiency. This approach doesn't get to the root of the problem. My depression healing rate using natural foods, including E3Live, nutritional supplements and basic lifestyle changes, without the necessity of using any pharmaceutical drugs, Prozac® or anything like that, is over 90%. No drug can compete with that, period.
EJR- What about E3Live and meditation? It would seem to me if E3Live is good for mental clarity it might actually help people improve their focus in meditation.
GC- In my first book, Spiritual Nutrition and the Rainbow Diet, I was very focused on what is the best diet for meditators. I found that an uncooked live food diet is best, not that one cannot make spiritual progress without it, just that the living food diet is extremely helpful. Along with this I found that AFA algae was a specific for meditation. And now, with the new liquid form of AFA algae "E3Live" its positive effect is even more pronounced. So yes, I find that E3Live is a specific food for enhancing one's ability to focus in meditation. E3Live helps keeps the mind clear, light and joyful.
EJR- Could you compare the energetic and nutritional differences between E3 algae and say, Spirulina algae, or Chlorella algae.
GC- For those who know about edible algaes, there's a tendency to want to compare algae in a competitive way. But this isn't the way I look at it. Each of these algaes have their proper roles. Chlorella is very specific for getting mercury out of the system. Spirulina is very good for hepatitis. Although Chlorella or Spirulina may help mental functioning a little bit, it's nowhere near the effect that AFA algae has on mental functioning. So Spirulina works more on the physical body, and E3Live's real gift to humanity is that it works more on the mental, emotional and spiritual levels, yet, still has tremendous effects physically, as I've been mentioning. But it's the mental functioning where people really feel the difference.
EJR- What about E3Live and the immune system?
GC- A recent study showed that AFA algae activates up to 40% more of the immune system's beneficial natural killer cells. Natural killer cells hunt out viruses and bacteria, even seeking them out deep in the body's tissues. One of the nice things about AFA algae something I've intuitively known since 1982, is that it significantly enhances the immune system. If I feel any kind of viral imbalance coming on, I take E3Live and it always takes it away. I also use E3Live for my clients, not only to get rid of symptoms of disease, but as a preventative measure. I've actually know of two or three cases where people took the algae and healed their cancer. This is not to say that AFA algae is the primary immune stimulant to use above any other to fight cancer, but that this algae has some anti-cancer qualities. Scientists already know that AFA algae has some anti-HIV effects, but we need to do a lot more research in these areas.
EJR- Have you had any clients that have responded to using E3Live for weight loss and appetite control?
GC- Yes, I have, but let me say that in my practice, I don't focus on these issues in particular. What I find is that when I help people improve their nutritional intake, especially in the direction of a living food diet, they naturally gravitate back to their natural, normal and healthiest weight. Appetite control becomes much less of an issue with most people because when people's bodies and brains are well-nourished, when they self-regulate and normalize, they no longer feel depressed and so they don't need to eat compulsively as a result of depression. As E3Live balances blood sugar levels, they’re not eating to compensate for low blood sugar.
EJR- Have you used E3Live successfully with alcohol and drug problems?
GC- Yes. E3Live is an essential part of my treatment program. Almost everyone I see, I put on E3Live because it helps with the underlying depression and helps heal the biologically altered, addictive brain aspects behind these destructive behaviors. I believe E3 Live is God's gift for people with a biologically altered brain because of poor diet and poor genetics. These people suffer a lot in this world. One way they cope with the suffering is alcoholism and drugs. There are obviously better, less destructive ways to cope.
In alcoholism and drug addiction, we find subtle and not so subtle changes in brain chemistry and brain waves. In many of these people, the pleasure centers of their brains, the dopamine receptors, are not working correctly. We find that by using E3Live along with other dietary changes and specific amino acid supplementation, we can normalize the electroencephalogram (EEG) readings and balance the central nervous system at the root of the disorder.
For example, if someone's brain function is off, not dramatically in the sense they are having epileptic seizures, but "subclinically" and out of balance, their EEG isn't really quite right, and we can normalize it with E3Live, proper nutrition and other supplements. E3Live helps people eliminate the craving for alcohol and drugs in part because blood sugar levels are being normalized and the brain is also functioning better.
There's another hidden aspect in all this that very few people know about. The hypothalamus is a vitally important gland of the endocrine system. It is often not functioning properly in drug addiction and alcoholism. It's very hard to heal the endocrine system, which is almost always out of balance in drug and alcohol addicted individuals. It turns out that E3Live is the only vegetarian source I know that brings hypothalamic function back to normal.
So as you can see, I’m particularly excited about E3Live. It is clearly the best of all the algaes on the market right now for healing and bringing the hypothalamus back into functioning.
EJR- Because E3Live is perishable, it has to be frozen. Is there a difference between freezing vegetables and fruits and freezing algae in terms of its maintaining its nutritional and energetic properties?
GC- This species of algae is genetically prepared for extreme alterations in temperature. In winter, parts of Klamath Lake freeze over, including the live algae growing in the water. But when the weather warms up, the algae comes out of its frozen dormancy phase and resumes its active growth cycle. Its genetic structure protects it from the effects of the cold, which is unlike fruits and vegetables, which are destroyed in frost. This is because AFA algae is high in lipids and free fatty acids, which protect it from crystalizing in low temperature conditions. Bee pollen works the same way, you can freeze it and you don't damage the nutritional value. So the good news about is that the algae it is significantly protected against the effects of freezing.
EJR- The term "adaptogen," usually refers to an herb which has many different ways of working in the body. Could we apply this term to a food such as E3Live, as it's been reported to be effective for many different health conditions?
GC- Yes, I think it is very appropriate to use the term "adaptogen" in connection with E3Live. It's both a physical adaptogen as well as a mental adaptogen. In my own life, sometimes I’ll have to speak for an entire day at conferences. I take E3Live as sort of a mental adaptogen for the stress of putting out so much energy.
AFA algae is also a physical adaptogen in that it increases physical energy. There are world-class athletes who eat AFA algae because they feel it gives them a "competitive edge."
EJR- Dr. Cousens, you've been incredibly generous with your time. Do you have any last words for us today?
GC- The essence of my message is this: it doesn't matter what our chronological age is, we can be youthful at any age. But more important than staying youthful is to understand that one-sided physical health will never give us the lasting happiness and love we seek. We want to draw into our lives anything and anyone that nourishes supports and enhances our spiritual and overall growth. Life is a great blessing. Health is a great blessing. True gifts of God are a great blessing, and worthy of any effort or expense.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:39PM

slow and steady reduction of your meds while you eat a very low fat 100% raw vegan diet full of fresh green juices green smoothies and lots of fruit. this will aid in your body detoxing. which will be the quickest route to you feeling free! you got it buddy!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:16PM

Its good to see you back jalanutan.

What helps me when I am in pain is to do some gentle deep breathing into the belly. I like to lie down on the floor on a blanket, and start with just watching the natural breath. Then after 3 or more minutes, to start gently deepening my breath, breathing into the belly, and not forcing a larger breath than my body is able to accomodate. Over time, I can bring the breath from my belly up my torso to my upper chest. I like my inhale to be from 3 to 5 seconds, and the same amount of time on the exhale. I see if I can do this deep breath for 15 to 20 minutes or so.

If you make this a regular practice anytime you are feeling pain, over time you will see your pain diminish, and the bliss and joy increase. There is a lot of stored pain in your body, and it make take years to let it all go.

Another thing to look at are the beliefs you are holding onto about yourself and your relationship to everything. The places where you have pain with other people or your life situation are an excellent place to start. You might want to take a look at Byron Katie's "the work", and use this simple technique to examine the pain that comes from your relationships.

As far as foods to help, eating fruit makes the body feel good. And getting more greens.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:35PM

jalanutan,

Sorry you are going through this, but if you look at what you've written, it is clear that the worst life has had to give you is behind you now, and that you have emerged from each difficulty with greater coping ability--something to focus on with positivity and confidence. You got through all that other trouble; you will get through this trouble, too. Remember: Time passes and things change.

I agree with everyone that recommends juicing, like, bombing your system with juices that will aid your neurological recovery. Prana's suggestion to do conscious breathing exercises can only help. Good luck and good healing to you, jalan!

Date: April 29, 2013 06:52PM

Good stuff - I should try this as well... winking smiley

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its good to see you back jalanutan.
>
> What helps me when I am in pain is to do some
> gentle deep breathing into the belly. I like to
> lie down on the floor on a blanket, and start with
> just watching the natural breath. Then after 3 or
> more minutes, to start gently deepening my breath,
> breathing into the belly, and not forcing a larger
> breath than my body is able to accomodate. Over
> time, I can bring the breath from my belly up my
> torso to my upper chest. I like my inhale to be
> from 3 to 5 seconds, and the same amount of time
> on the exhale. I see if I can do this deep breath
> for 15 to 20 minutes or so.
>
> If you make this a regular practice anytime you
> are feeling pain, over time you will see your pain
> diminish, and the bliss and joy increase. There is
> a lot of stored pain in your body, and it make
> take years to let it all go.
>
> Another thing to look at are the beliefs you are
> holding onto about yourself and your relationship
> to everything. The places where you have pain with
> other people or your life situation are an
> excellent place to start. You might want to take a
> look at Byron Katie's "the work", and use this
> simple technique to examine the pain that comes
> from your relationships.
>
> As far as foods to help, eating fruit makes the
> body feel good. And getting more greens.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 29, 2013 11:31PM

Jalanutan, I'm sorry you're going through this rough patch. I can only think to tell you that I would suggest you definitely eat 100% raw so that you can be the best you can be and then you can handle the stress. And I think green smoothies (put in hemp seeds and chlorella) and juicing would be the best. I would also look into herbs for healing. Also, I would just forget about my family problems and if possible don't even get involved with your siblings until you're all better and off the meth. You need to concentrate on getting your health back. And I read or heard that you have to very gradually wean yourself off the addictive drugs, like it would probably take a year to get totally clear. Just keep taking a little less for a period of time, then a bit less for another period, etc. Do they administer it to you when you go to the clinic or are you in control of how much you take? Is it in pill form or a shot or what? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'm trying to get a clear picture of what you're going through. Please keep checking in to tell us of your progress because you know we all care - that's why we're here, because we want to help others get healthy.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:51AM

Hi J, Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and the avarice of your siblings.

I had PSTD due to my childhood. What helped was journaling, going to grief counseling, studying psychology and behavior, finding spiritual peace with myself and my creator, studying behavior modification, finding habits that are healthy and calming, listening to subliminals/triliminals and hypnosis audios (Steve G Jones has some specifically for PSTD and health related issues), yoga/meditation, changing my thoughts, NLP, etc.

For my body, I drank lots of German Chamomile tea and St. John's Wort tea. German Chamomile calms the stomach and is soothing. St. John's Wort is amazing to heal one's nerves. I was shaking with nerves and it calmed me right down. It's amazing stuff. Be sure that the herbs don't interact negatively with the prescription drug though. I had to buy St. John's Wort dried online as the health food store stopped carrying it. You could also try Nettle Tea to purify the blood.

You might want to do some juicing with Cilantro, Spinach, Parsley, or Alfalfa. They are supposed to purify the blood, too.

The last thought is to release the stress and anger and forgive within yourself. Punishing yourself by taking drugs or relying on prescription medication to deal with problems/stress isn't making you any healthier. Breathe and be happy. Wishing you a quick and painless recovery. Therese

Date: April 30, 2013 11:07PM

Thank you all so much for the time you've spent here. Many of your suggestions I'm already implimenting, but others I haven't heard of, so there's much to think about and try.

Jodi, we both can identify with our individual experiences, yet you supported your Mum for a whole year under duress. You must be a very strong person, yet we do what we must, and while the month I looked after my Mum had a mixture of negative and positives, I don't know if I could have handled a year due to, in part my up bringing. Thank you too, for your offer of support re email, I won't harass you, but I may need some support at times.

Prana, I totally believe in the breathing therapy, it sort of puts me into a waking dream, and I feel so much better after. I began slowly, as I inceased the time I would spend. It's like a meditation/relaxation and does help, though the way you do it is different, so I'll try your way too.

John, I'll ask my local health store about the E3live liquid algae.

All the information that you, my friends have volunteered shows me how caring you all are, thank you again, and I feel emotionally uplifted by you efforts here.

jalan xxx

Date: May 01, 2013 12:19AM

Do you have anyone local you can "hang out" with? Internet friends are great, but there's nothing like rubbing shoulders with someone who can help you out during tough times.

Maybe even post a note on a bulletin board at the local HFS. It would be great to find a friend that is on the same vegan/raw journey as you.

Date: May 01, 2013 04:17AM

Kidraw, sorry I forgot to answer your question. The methadone program is very strictly regulated. I have to go to a participation chemist to 'dose' up every morning, and I'm given a 'take-away' for the days when the chemist isn't open, such as Sunday or public holidays etc. However, some people still abuse their drug of choice as well as the meth. In the beginning they want to become healthy and get well; hence, the program, but sometimes it's just too much for them and they continue to use their drug, whether heroin or whatever. Therefore, you still have to be strong and motivated to become well again.

I hope that answers your question, but if you'd like to know more, I'd be happy to answer.

Veganjuice, yes, there's an organisation called the 'Discovery' program, where I do volunteer work and also some paid facilitation. It helps people transition back into society and to become independent once again. No-one is judged, nad there's programs that are designed to allow people to develop talents that they may not know they have. However, there are not many of these type of organisations around, and the majority of the medical community either don't recognise them or are just ignorant of their existance. But we're working on that, and just recently we had a meet with some medical professionals (social workers/psychologists etc) to impliment a group regarding dual diagnosis or co-morbidity, which is substance abuse combined with mental illness.

jalan

Date: May 01, 2013 02:43PM

Hey Jalan,

One more thing worth looking into is Niacin. When I was doing research on Addictions about 10 years ago, I spent a lot of time studying Crack and Cocaine and I found some interesting ideas that came from Narconon, which was co-founded by L. Ron Hubbard. Narconon claimed to have a success rate that is 3 to 4 times that of other programs and part of their emphasis is on cleansing the drugs from our fat cells. They were also highly criticized because they didn’t believe in using drugs to come off drugs, which of course goes against our current treat the symptom mentality where we have a Chemical Solution for a Lifestyle Related Problem. As Dr. Mark Hyman points out about all of the Environmental Toxins we have that are trapped in our Fat Cells, “This discovery should be headline news, but no one is talking about it. Why? Because there are no drugs to treat it.”

Anyway, here is my File Preview on Niacin…

…File Preview…
• Dr. Gerson felt strongly about the use of increased amounts of Niacin (Vitamin B2) in cancer patients from the beginning of treatment and without too much interruption. However after using 50mg six times a day for four to six months, it should not be diminished too fast as well. Niacin helps to bring back sufficient glycogen into the liver cells. It also helps in protein metabolism, acts to open small arteries and capillaries (of course it would be discontinued with any bleeding problems.) It raises electrical potential in cells.
• Niacin: Dosage: 50 mg. at least 6 times daily for 6 months. In advanced cases, Gerson used 50 mg. every hour around the clock. It is very important that niacin be taken from the beginning in sufficient amounts, without too much interruption, and only slowly diminished (not before 5-6 months). It helps restore glycogen into the liver cells, aids protein metabolism, and opens small arteries and capillaries. It also increases the electrical potentials in the cells. This is a B vitamin, and very important in the elimination of cancer. Do not substitute niacinamide for it!
• There are many 'detoxification programs' on the internet, but few of them acknowledge the significant fact that many toxins are stored in FATTY TISSUES. Until that fact is acknowledged, one can not develop a procedure for removing toxins from THAT location.
• Until the Ron Hubbard detoxification program was developed, no one had even yet recognized that these oil soluble toxins had such long-term effects in the body.
• An important characteristic of the Hubbard detoxification program is the use of niacin. Niacin has the well-known effect of causing "vasodilation", often called the niacin flush, which is an opening of the small blood vessels, the capillaries, so that more blood flows through them. These are the blood vessels which are of most value in reaching fatty tissues. In this way the toxins which are stored in these fatty tissues can be removed, into the bloodstream, and processed out of the body.
• It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
• When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.
• The niacin causes these small capillaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
• You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capillaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.
• Does anyone have any experience with Narconon?
• Does anyone have any experience with Narconon? They claim to have a success rate that is 3 to 4 times that of other programs and part of their emphasis is on cleansing the drugs from our fat cells. Here is a little snippet from one of their websites...
• "L. Ron Hubbard discovered that when a person uses drugs over a period of time, the body becomes unable to completely eliminate them all. Drugs are broken down in the liver. These metabolites, (the substances the body converts the drugs into) although removed rapidly from the blood stream, become trapped in the fatty tissues. There are various types of tissues that are high in fat content, the one thing in common – and the problem that needs to be addressed – is that these drug residues remain for years. Tissues in our bodies that are high in fats are turned over very slowly. When they are turned over, the stored drug metabolites are released into the blood stream and reactivate the same brain centers as if the person actually took the drug. The former addict now experiences a drug restimulation [or "flashback"] and drug craving. This is common in the months after an addict quits and can continue to occur for years, even decades."
• In its reporting, The Chronicle found that Narconon's lectures often taught students information that is widely dismissed by mainstream medical experts. This includes that drugs -- including ecstasy, LSD and marijuana -- accumulate indefinitely in body fat, where they cause recurring drug cravings for months or years; drugs in fat cause flashbacks even years after the user quits; the vitamin niacin pulls drugs from fat, and saunas sweat them from the body; and colored ooze is produced when drugs exit the body.
• L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology, co-founded Narconon in 1966. He added the niacin and sauna components in the late 1970s. Similarly, Scientology churches often feature saunas because the religion teaches that drugs and other toxins accumulate in fat and impede spiritual development. Its "tissue-cleansing regimen" is called "purification."
• Niacin is a booster rocket for detoxification
• There are several approaches for detoxifying yourself from heavy metals and other toxic materials. Enemas, chelating agents, fasting, and sauna are all open to one's preference. But there is a booster rocket to accelerate any detox method you choose. It's called niacin, or vitamin B3.
• We are immersed in a toxic environment. Of the over 75,000 chemicals produced in North America, 20,000 cannot be naturally eliminated by our bodies. Out of the 75,000 chemicals in our toxic environment, 3000 go into the food supply.
• Avoiding what we know to be toxic is a great step toward detoxification. But there are toxins that won't be eliminated completely. That's because fat cells will store toxins that cannot be metabolized or eliminated. Many of us have anywhere from 400 to 800 toxins stored in fat cells. And fat cells are not eliminated completely by diet or exercise. They will shrink, but they can grow again.
• So how can niacin be a booster rocket for detoxing? Niacin ruptures the fat cells that store toxins, thus releasing those stored toxins to be eliminated. This is called lipolysis. The niacin proposed is not buffered niacinamide, which doesn't make your face and neck flush and tingle intensely. Use the niacin that makes you blush.
• This protocol was developed primarily to help drug addicts detox drug toxins stored in fats. The idea was to get rid of all the drug residue that would haunt them with cravings after kicking their habit. It worked very well. So Dr. Yu thought it would be wise for non-addicts to use this method for "normal detoxification".
• He gave a lecture on this during a Longevity Conference hosted by nutrition expert David Wolfe. Dr. Yu spoke of starting with a low amount of niacin, 50 mgs or so depending on your tolerance, and gradually building to a maximum of 500 mgs. Up to 5000 mgs has been used for those gravely ill from drug use and toxic events, such as Gulf War Syndrome.
• Getting Rid of What's Released from the Fats
• Most of us know that toxins released suddenly need to be eliminated. The liver, kidneys, and other organs can be seriously damaged. One can be overwhelmed by a vicious Herxheimer event or "healing crisis". The protocol for addicts mostly involved eliminating through the skin.
• They were put into an exercise regimen and ushered into saunas to literally sweat it out. One only needs to begin perspiring from whatever exercise that is do-able. Then the sauna takes over for a half hour to 45 minutes.
• In addition to sweating it out, the GI tract can assist as well. Dr. Yu recommended consuming activated charcoal. It works by adsorbing toxins, not absorbing. Adsorption is more like chelating, hitching to electrons of toxins and taking them out through the stool or urine.
• Any other detox protocol or agent can be added to the niacin booster rocket. Bentonite clay, zeolite, cilantro pesto and chlorella are fine too. To protect a weakened liver, one may use gall bladder flushes and/or coffee enemas also.
• The booster rocket is plain tingly fire in the face and upper body niacin. Niacinamide can be toxic for the liver. High doses of niacin have been used in orthomolecular medicine/psychiatry since the 1950s for a variety of health problems, even schizophrenia. So it's safe and inexpensive and can be taken as often and long as you want.
…End of File Preview...

Peace and Love..........John

Date: May 02, 2013 09:25AM

Really interesting John thx heaps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables