Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie with a Question
Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 08, 2006 10:58AM

Simply put, I am not currently disciplined enough to eat healthy on my own, so I have chosen to force myself into a healthy diet. Luckily, I was semi-vegetarian before I began my raw food lifestyle, so I have not had too much difficulty adjusting.

Anyway, I just ordered a bottle of Eliki Balsamic Vinegar and Organic Olive Oil Blend, so I can have something "normal" to put on my salads. Has anyone ever tried this product before and, if so, what did you think of it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie with a Question
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:00PM

Never tried it personally, you can always make your own Raw vinegarette dressing, it is very simple and there are tons of recipes on the net.
The only other thing I would say is, use whatever sauces, dressings etc you need to in the beginning, fully transistioning to raw requires time, patience and a strong resolve.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:08PM

Opinion:

While you are transitioning toward your raw goal, make very small goals with timetables and keep them. Keep in mind what you REALLY want, and what your REAL motivation is, and do what you are WILLING and PREPARED to do...and don't sweat the rest! Don't listen to guru's or some arbitrary 'standard' of what raw food is...or even what you think you SHOULD be doing......but rather pay attention to what you can achieve NOW and prepared to do NOW and on a daily basis. Perfect that and you'll do very well!

-Eat whatever condiments, sauces and other items that you think are healthy and will help you to increase your overall percentage of fresh, raw plant food in your diet.

-The wonderful folks on this board (including myself) will be a great support to you. Thank you for your intelligent question.

-David Mason

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:52PM

Thank you for that David. That post has helped me too today, i neglected to bring my lunch to work today and was struggling over what to have, when I went out I thought about what you said above instead of trying to be some Raw food elitist I grabbed some organic hummus and a bag of organic carrot batons, so the hummus isnt completely raw, but so what it is healthy and quite nutritious. So thank you for putting that spark in my mind.
I fail everytime I get this have to be 100% raw all the time unquestionably attitude in my head.
The lunch I have on my desk now may not be 100% raw but it is still in completely different world than my co-worker across from me with his BLT and a soda.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2006 12:59PM by jadedshade.

Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 08, 2006 06:07PM

Thank you both for the advice.

I am still learning what, exactly, counts as a "raw food". As you mentioned, David, everyone seems to have a different idea, which makes starting out a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, I am going to head over to the recipe section and start making my shopping list for this weekend.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:07AM

Elphaba:

You are certainly welcome. Raw food CAN be as simple as just browsing your local produce section and picking out the fruits, vegetables and nuts that you love. On the other hand....it can involve a lot of 'rules'....gadgets....and exotic cleansing practices. But I'm a big proponent of healing through healthy food, light exercise, fresh air, reasonable sunglight, and passionate joyful living. I think given time, intention and inclination...those helpers can certainly do their job.

-It may be difficult to know what OTHERS concensus is regarding what is raw....but it is usually not so difficult to identify what YOU think are healthy choices for you....and identify what YOU think are your worst habits. This usually gives people PLENTY to work on! Ha! ha! It certainly did for me! smiling smiley

-They say that the trouble with simple things is that they are SO simple.....that no one WANTS to do them! Ha! ha!

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables