Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Burdoc Leaves and Nettle..
Posted by: anonymous ()
Date: May 03, 2013 02:30PM

Hi guys,

Can someone plase tell me

1. how much burdock leaf juice to drink?
2. nettle juice
3. dandelion

and does it matter that i am not drinking the roots? (i cant see to get them out. sad smiley

3. And I am drinking wheatgrass as well twice a day..is that ok? and or does that still aid me? or? can I do all three? can it harm me doin it all? its spring and i want to take advantage, or is WHEATGRASS ENOUGH????????????

Does burdock or nettle have any adcantages over wheat grass or barley grass?

Thank you. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burdoc Leaves and Nettle..
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 04, 2013 02:07AM

Hi A, I guess the first question is for what purpose are you using the leaves?

I don't know alot about burdock but nettle is used to cleanse the blood. I use nettle in tea. Dandelion is a good bitter green. I use Dandelions in salads and such. I prefer Kale in blended drinks.

I don't do wheat or barley grass as I'm allergice to gluten and I'm afraid of the grass although they say they don't have any gluten in them.

Doing all three shouldn't have bad side effects. Although your stools might be green. winking smiley LOL.

Anyhow, not sure what else you are eating/drinking or if you are on some sort of juice cleanse.

Hope that helps at least a litte. Therese

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2013 02:08AM by life101.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 04, 2013 03:49PM

Therese, do you ever brew the nettle by itself? I have a box of the stuff and have not opened it yet. I was going to use it for something but I can't remember what. Plus I am afraid of getting STUNG, which is probably silly since it's dried.

Posted by: anonymous ()
Date: May 04, 2013 09:16PM

thank you.. i am living a Raw lifestyle.... my skin isn't still the greatest... but overall, i just want to be healthy... i am juicng wheatgrass as of last week, and want to increase my green intake as well.... no special reason... just want to be sure i don't go overboard on the green intake with these plants, or just need help!!! sad smiley that's it.....

can these plants be a slight substitute for wheatgrass if i run out of it..?

anyone have experience with this?

thanks..smiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 05, 2013 02:54PM

banana who, Once you heat the nettles, the stingers dissipate. I cannot get fresh nettles where I live so I have to buy it dried. sad smiley I make tea out if it. Nettles eaten are super nutritious but you have to lightly steam them or heat them to remove the stingers. Nettles are a great cleanser and blood builder. I drink it for the healing properties. [ilmdamaily.hubpages.com]

Anonymous, I don't do wheat grass so I cannot help you there. I suggest you go to nutritiondata.com or the internet and look up the nutritional qualities in each to see if they are comparable. If you want to cleanse, I suggest you juice/eat Cilantro. It's awesome for removing metals out of the blood. Also, depending on what your "bad skin" condition is, there is likely an herb or plant out there that will help. For acne, Sasafras root tea is awesome. It's better to drink it prior to becoming a teenager, though. Those kids have beautiful, unblemished complexions. Sadly, I didn't know about it until afterwards and I still have acnee as an adult.

I know burdock has some healing properties but most of the literature is on the root rather than the leaf. It is know to purify the blood and hep with digestion. [www.healwithfood.org]

In general, though, the more raw leafy greens in your diet, the better your health will be. This is according to many, including Dr. Joel Furhman and many raw foodists (that aren't 80/10/10 which is heavily reliant on fruit). It is also better to vary your dietary intake to include a variety of food per Dr. Joel Fuhrman's studies, too. (Yay! The same food over and over again can get so boring.)

Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables