Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Photodermatitis help..... sad smiley
Posted by: anonymous ()
Date: May 07, 2013 07:50PM

Hi,

I am writing on behalf of my friend. She was just diagnosed with photodermatitis.... she has some spots that look like burns or blisters, and whatever comes with it. She is to avoid grasses and flowers...

Can you please tell me what caused this?

And can she cure it? She is like 60-70% raw..... Will it ever go away?

I told her to avoid dairy as well as wheat. And stick to RAW as much as she can.

Is there anything else she can do? herbs? I read nettles are good?

what about the blisters? what can she put on them?

thank you! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photodermatitis help..... sad smiley
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 07, 2013 10:32PM

Come'on you can come up with a better user name than that?
This is surely a immune system issue like many illnesses are. Where do you live and can she get some professional help? Like a real good forward thinking M.D. Go to a health food store and see if they have a free health news type magazine. They have these at all bigger health food stores. You should send her to www.therealtruthabouthealth.com and sign up for the webinars. They are once a month and her questions can be answered by the man himself Brian Clement. You can surely get all the info you are asking for on the net. I believe yes it can be cured. She is probably prone genetically to this but with the right diet and maybe finding out if she is sensitive to something. In her quest to get better she should take one new therapy/or foodstuff at a time. This way she can see if something is triggering this. I would start her on the original Primal defense and get her on wheatgrass 2oz. 2x a day. Without knowing exactly what is causing this I would not try to target with specialized herbs/suppliments it could make it worse. Just strengthen the system with raw foods Primal Defense, wheatgrass and good food stuff with B vitamins and vitamin C. This has got to be a crappy health challenge to deal with, make sure she gets some good help if she can afford it. If she is in to this raw thing and it sounds like she is you could call Hippocrates Health Institute and get a phone consultation with Brian Clement. Remember strengthen the immune system, it has gone awry. If what I have advised you helps please send a check lol.

Date: May 07, 2013 10:43PM

hi,

thanks.. yees... and noo to the name.. i had a name but it would not let me log on as well as geta new password..i was soo frustrated that I used this name until i can come up with a better one.

and thanks, i will pass this on... i suggested the wheatgrass to her as well, but in powder as there are no fresh WG around here.

I totally agree on what you said about building the immune system up. but was wondering as to if there is anything else. but i will go that website and ask.

thank you. smiling smiley

Date: May 07, 2013 10:55PM

Unless someone here has had this issue then you are limited to the internet! There is a lot of good info there. No! to the powered wheatgrass. Are you sure there is not fresh wheatgrass around? The webinars are only once a month. She might be able to grow the wheatgrass this should be number one thing to do!!!! People always look for "Something more they can do" but just strengthening the immune system in itself should be good for now. Primal Defense is not cheap, organic peppers are not cheap (vitamin C) and try to get wheatgrass these will be the first things I would do. Can she get a Live Blood Analysis? Do you have anybig/good health food stores in your area?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 08, 2013 12:24AM

What I would ask is if this is something new for her, AFTER going high-raw? Because then it would seem to be related to the cleansing process. Even though the cause of acute hives (urticaria) is considered "unknown," in "Fat, Sick, and Almost Dead." the obese man had this condition and was able to rid himself of it in a matter of weeks (I think he was taking meds for it, too!) on juicing. So although hives are supposed to be triggered by allergies, perhaps allergies are actually (at least in some cases) part of the cleansing process. For instance, strawberries are supposed to trigger hives and perhaps they just have a great cleansing effect!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 08, 2013 01:40PM

Sorry this is happening to your friend, anonymous[boy, that is weird to write!] sad smiley

Agree with banana who; timeline matters. Also, all animal foods are toxin-carriers, and should be eliminated to reset the diet, so to speak. Frozen, field-grown wheatgrass juice is better than powdered, but I would wonder if its advised, as you friend has been cautioned to avoid grasses, specifically. Go slow on the wheatgrass, IMO. But I think green juices and anti-inflammatory fruits could help.

I wish you good luck in your search for information to help your friend, and I wish her healing.

Date: May 08, 2013 07:37PM

Thanks Tamukha, that is a good warning, the wheatgrass could be an issue but only in a small amount of people. I would caution against fruit though. With an immune issue get the nutrients from vegies. The bad guys feed on sugar and most likely a yeast infection.

Date: May 11, 2013 02:45AM

anonymous,
Did you sign up for the Webinar's this would be the perfect place to get good info for your friend. This type of hard to diagnose challenge would be best answered by a knowlegable person like Brian Clement AND for free!

Date: May 11, 2013 07:33AM

hi,

i actually did sign up.... forgot what times hes doing them though...i have to recheck it or tell her. i have never participated in these actually... and dont know how they work.

let me get back the email...

Date: May 11, 2013 05:19PM

anonymous,
I wish I coiuld tell you but I only listen, there should be some directions some where. If you have signed up they will send you an email reminder! I have not got mine yet. There is also a schedule there somewhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables