Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

10 Year-Missing Ohio girls were found- Not vitamin D deficient
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:32AM

They had not exposure to sunlight for ten years except a couple of times and yet they are not vitamin D deficient. Another vitamin myth. We are told Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to generate vitamin D in your own body

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 10 Year-Missing Ohio girls were found- Not vitamin D deficient
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 09, 2013 02:30AM

Vitamin D can also come from animal products. Were these missing Ohio girls vegan?

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: May 09, 2013 06:34AM

Maybe they were drinking "Vitamin-D fortified milk". sad smiley

And, they could have issues with organ damage; If the body is experiencing a shortage of a certain vit/min, it can & will pull it from anyplace it can find it - organs/tissues/bones. Wonder if their physical exams included looking at enlarged organs, etc.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:58PM

I think they were allowed to go outside, as of the last thing I read[not following this too closely, btw].

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 09, 2013 02:29PM

I heard on the news they only came out two times but again there is always a difference between what is on the news and reality.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: May 12, 2013 01:18AM

Keep in mind that the RDA for vitamin D is WAY too low, so even if a test says you're fine you could still be deficient.

Vitamin D can also come from animal products. Were these missing Ohio girls vegan?

It can come from some plant foods too, but very few foods, vegan or otherwise, have it in any significant amount. It's not really feasible to get from your diet unless you're consuming cod liver oil or another of the small selection of foods that have large amounts, none of which are commonly eaten by most. Far better and easier to get it through sun exposure, but also drink large amounts of sunflower green juice and fenugreek juice in wintertime because they have small amounts.

Also keep in mind that there are many benefits from sun exposure above and beyond vitamin D.

there is always a difference between what is on the news and reality.

I agree absolutely. I don't even bother to read/watch the news, it's a waste of time and detrimental to your health + spirituality. Televisions are the real WMDs (weapons of mass distraction).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables